• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
I know how to find them using the VBA-APE Method. But when I view it's palette in VBA, I don't know if I did something bad but the palette doesn't come right so if anyone has an offset, please tell me.

Please don't leak my patches out bro. I'd also appreciate if you deleted my PM/VM that contains it.

BTW, if anyone tells me the RIGHT offset for the palette, I'll give you a copy of the patch karatekid552 was talking about. :)

I honestly couldn't remember where you posted it:p, I thought it was in resources, sorry man.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2017
In PGE do I only change the category of the move to make it physical/special or status or also its effect table ? I kept it at 0...should I have switched it to 1 or 2 ? Because I think my level 8 Pineco is receiving pitifuly low amounts of damage (1 or 2) from a level 2 Furret using Fury swipes...and it's supposed to be a physical move...

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
The first patch on the thread you're talking about doesn't work. You need to look through the pages to find the correct one.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2017
You are talking about the patch made by DoesntKnowHowToPlay right ? I got the version I am using from his signature....I don't know if its the right one...unless you are talking about the attack editor in Pokemon Game Editor...I took the link on the first page of the topic about it...I don't know if there is a more recent version....

Years
  • CO
  • Seen Mar 16, 2023
Hello all
I am trying to figure out what I should use to make some more and updated gba tools..
As I am a beginner programmer I was wondering what would be the best to go with,
Something like Lazarus IDE or is there something better that is noob friendly.. I found this one because that is what Advance map 1.95 was programmed in...

blue

gucci
Years
Is there any way that I can add more Pokémon onto my Emerald ROM? I can't use the empty "??????" entries since the cry corrupt when inserted and I basically want to add the Sinnoh Pokemon without overwriting and existing Pokemon, or is that the only way?

Hacker Bisharp

Bug reporter
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 28, 2019
How can i edit the place where I go when my Pokemon are exhausted?
In this case the Pokèmon center... Thanks in advance.

GoGoJJTech

Years
How can i edit the place where I go when my Pokemon are exhausted?
In this case the Pokèmon center... Thanks in advance.

There's a scripting command called sethealingplace Which basically sets healing places. Doesn't need to be a PC either. Could be a house even!

Is there any way that I can add more Pokémon onto my Emerald ROM? I can't use the empty "??????" entries since the cry corrupt when inserted and I basically want to add the Sinnoh Pokemon without overwriting and existing Pokemon, or is that the only way?

You could do what Jambo did and insert a bunch of ASM and repoint every single table like the sprite table, the move table, etc.

Last edited:

GoGoJJTech

Years
Flight spots are the orange F's in advance map. They show where you land when you use fly. Putting on in front of a pc makes you fly there.

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
Okay, this is getting very irritating. Whenever I use the command "hidesprite 0xX" in XSE, it never works. This problem starting occuring fairly recently, so it's not XSE's fault. It worked perfectly for a while, then just died on me. I have everything set up the correct way, it just... isn't working. Any ideas?

(Just a thing, I tried re-installing XSE to make sure and it still isn't working. Could this be the ROM's fault?)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Okay, this is getting very irritating. Whenever I use the command "hidesprite 0xX" in XSE, it never works. This problem starting occuring fairly recently, so it's not XSE's fault. It worked perfectly for a while, then just died on me. I have everything set up the correct way, it just... isn't working. Any ideas?

(Just a thing, I tried re-installing XSE to make sure and it still isn't working. Could this be the ROM's fault?)

Well, it depends. Did you follow the setflag 0xXXX and set it to a Person's Event No.?

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years

There is always the possiblility you corrupted the routine, but that would more than likely cause crashing. I think it applys to how you are using the command in the script. Could you show us a complete example of one that won't work?

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
There is always the possiblility you corrupted the routine, but that would more than likely cause crashing. I think it applys to how you are using the command in the script. Could you show us a complete example of one that won't work?

Here it is:
Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
hidesprite 0x6
setflag 0x903
release
end
It doesn't really matter which script I show you, though. A lot of the scripts in my hack have the hidesprite command and work. If I go back to them and edit them IN ANY WAY, the hidesprite command will stop working for no reason... Seems like my ROM has problems for some reason.

GoGoJJTech

Years
Hidesprite and showsprite only work on level scripts, but movesprite and movesprite2 work all the time. Remember that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back