• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hunger Games Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
Tjakka5 said:
And I'll do Leaf Green on District 3, but, as there are no Steel types, I'll switch that to stone.

Umm, Magnemite? And besides, you have your electric types.

I'm in.

Username: GoldenRayquaza
Game: HeartGold, Platinum, Black, White 2.
District: Capitol (oh yeah, this will make some good legendaries)
Ultimate: Yes

Hopefully I won't lose on Whitney...

Username: Klawsome
Game(s): SS
Ultimate: YES!
District: 12 FTW

Good luck to both of you! And Klawsome, you need to specify which games from each generation you are playing on for your Ultimate. But until then, keep playing SoulSilver; it's fun.

And to all of you, may the odds be ever in your favor!

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
Username:0i8m
Game(s):white
Ultimate:no
District:11

Good luck to you, and enjoy the challenge.

I don't know why, but I just don't seem as motivated to do challenges anymore, so I might update my progress a little slower from now on. Also, I might not update the thread as often, but I'll still try to maintain my one-week schedule. Bye!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2014
Sounds like fun!

Username: HonorThief72
Game: Leafgreen
Ultimate: No
District: 3

Quick question, can I catch Pikachu or do I need a Pichu?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
Sounds like fun!

Username: HonorThief72
Game: Leafgreen

No, since Pichu is not available in LeafGreen, you can catch Pikachu like everyone else did.

Also, I have an update!

Update #4: Training Montage Fail

What happened:
Spoiler:

Team:
Spoiler:

I'll see you next time!

Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2013
Username: Kyle321n
Game(s): Yellow
District: District 11 – Agriculture - Bug and Fighting

Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2013

Day 1 complete
I got my Pikachu and fought my rival, Nick. He apparently wanted to original Pokemon I was supposed to get, so I had to whip him. Unfortunately I wasn't allowed to brutally murder him then and there. His grandpa wanted him to continue to live. I went up to Viridian City to get Oak's package. It apparently allowed me to record the Pokemon I used to battle. Once I was done with the old guy, Nick showed up to tell me he didn't need my help. Oh well, fvck him.

I went up to buy some Pokeballs and I went to catch my first buddy, as this Pikachu was annoying and needed to get put into a computer stat. I found a Mankey named Monkeyman, and we went on to find an ally for Monkeyman. We were able to get a Caterpie named Fluttershy, and together we went through the Virdian Forest and kill a few tributes. Fluttershy evolved twice to become a more suitable Butterfree, and we went to find the first Leader of tributes, Brock. He was no match for Fluttershy's confusion and Monkeyman's low kick. At this point they were both level 15 and ready for some more battles.

We continued on to Route 3 and the bevy of weak tributes that were along the road. A few Karate Chops, Confusions and Tackles and we were to Mount Moon. Before we entered we talked to a salesman who wanted to sell me a Magikarp for $500. I was fine with that as he would be useful later on, so I bought Twister and stored him at the bottom of the party to hang out and watch Fluttershy and Monkeyman dominate.

Apparently Mount Moon was filled with Team Rocket tributes and some hikers. They weren't any problem for my tandem and I reached the end of the cave. Some tribute wanted the two fossils that were there. I killed him because he challenged me, and then I took his Helix Fossil. I tossed the Dome Fossil on his corpse and went to exit the cave. I was ambushed as I was leaving and with Fluttershy being wounded from my long trip through the cave Monkeyman had to take on the two Rocket tributes who tried to ambush me. The cowards ran away before I could use my new found Helix Fossil to slit their throats. Too bad, maybe I'll run into them again.

As I left the cave I found a Great Ball buried in the dirt and a TM. Time to go face the nearest Leader. Her name was Misty and she liked "powerful" water pokemon.They weren't as powerful as she hoped, and were hopeless against Fluttershy's Sleep Powder-Confusion 1-2 punch. I decided to spare her life as she could offer me an alliance. Having Twister in my back pocket I showed her how I like Water Pokemon too. She nodded and whispered "It evolves into a powerful monster. Use this TM when it evolves" and she handed me a TM called Bubblebeam. I also showed her the Helix Fossil and told her I hope this will someday embody our alliance.

What will I encounter tomorrow when I head north of the city?

My Team
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 30, 2014
Username: JaspaCaraMurrello
Game(s): Fire Red, Emerald, Gold, Platinum
District: 12 (Fire/Ground)

I have a question though, if you make a alliance with a gym leader, does that alliance continue through all of the games, or can you make different alliances for each game?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2013
Spoiler:
Day 2 log:

After spending the night in Cerulean City, I decided to take my team to the north of the city. I heard rumors that there was a bridge with a full of tributes. Before I hit the bridge, I was met by my rival who wanted to fight. I whipped him, raising Twister up 2 levels, but again I spared his life. I don't remember why I spared him, but I did. Disappointing. I then went up to the bridge and basically machete'd my way through the 5 tributes. I left notes under their propped up corpses that stated "I did my best, I have no regrets" but after I was done with their bodies a Team Rocket grunt came up to me impressed and asked me to join them. While tempting, I am a loner and don't work well with others. I killed him because he attacked me.

My rival said something about a trainer who had a huge collection of pokemon out on the cape. I went in helped out that guy who had turned himself into a pokemon and checked out his 4 pokemon... Four is not a huge collection. He gave me a ticket to a battle royal on a boat. I like boats and I love fighting. Let's do this. I worked my way through some bug trainers and other tributes and finally got to the boat. My rival was there and the captain didn't want me to kill someone I knew, only anonymous slayings, so I let him go and the captain gave me Cut. He said I needed it to beat the military gym leader.

I went into the gym, and SHOCKED (see what I did there) Lt. Surge. When I was done beating his pokemon I attached 2 jumper cables to his ears, stuck his feet in water and attached the other end to a car battery. It was good fun and ironic that his precious electricity was his downfall.

With cut in hand and 10 pokemon in my Pokedex (The original Pikachu, a Charmander some punk gave me, a Bulbasaur I stole from a daycare and a Squirtle the cops gave me were in my computer), I went through Diglett's Cave to visit the Professor's assistant to get Flash. He told me that I needed it to get through Dark Cave. Went up to Dark Cave and fought my way through the cave. I decided I would rest in the town south of the cave, but it's got this weird aura over it.

My Team
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
Username: JaspaCaraMurrello
Game(s): Fire Red, Emerald, Gold, Platinum
District: 12 (Fire/Ground)

I have a question though, if you make a alliance with a gym leader, does that alliance continue through all of the games, or can you make different alliances for each game?

No, here's how it works. For a SINGLE game, you can ally yourself with ONE gym leader and use their type. You can not, however, ally yourself with more than one; big alliances don't work well. Does this solve your problem? Anyways, good luck with the challenge!

Good luck in the challenge!

I haven't really been on Pokecommunity all that often lately, with school starting again, and I haven't had time to update on this challenge, or any other challenge I participate in, for a while, and I've been thinking about finding a new owner for the challenge. Don't be alarmed, you will still be able to participate in your challenges, just under a new owner, hopefully. See you guys later! Or maybe not... :'(

Mp3beast

Master of Sound
Years
Username: Mp3beast
Game(s): Emerald, Sapphire, HeartGold, Red, Blue, SIlver, Crystal
Optional Rules: No evolving

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 31, 2014
Username: monsterdude279
Game: Black 2
Optional Rules: None

Update 1: I remember the day like it was just yesterday. They had just finisshed picking the girl tribute, and it was the boys now. I was paying cllose attention, but did not expect to be chosen.

"Butchie."

It runs through my head once more as these awful games begin. I am giving a Tepig to start the games. I did not like it and it did not like me. I quickly defeated another tribute named Shogun. I made way to a farm area where I found a Mareep. An electric type was much more in my area.

I sent the Tepig into a storage compartment. Some ranchers asked me to find a Herdier for them. As this happpened, The tribute named Shogun appeared once again. I guess I didn't finish him off last time. We fought again, but this time I didn't try to finish me off. He helped me find the Herdier as we rescued it from a mysterious man. I headed back and gave the Herdier to the ranchers. I then headed off and found a tribute from district 2, Cheren. We battled each other but my Mareep hastily took care of him. Around now it was night fall, so me and Mareep prepared for sleep. however, I felt like visiting m y Tepig in the storage unit, and strangely enough, I could see its dreams. He met a Minun ina strange park who befriended him. I woke up in a strange field without Mareep. However, in the fieldd was the Minun, and it quickly joined me. This technology is strange to em, I shall investigate it further in the morning.

My team So Far:

Mareep- Level 14

Moves:
Tackle
Growl
Thunder Wave
Thunder Shock

Minun-Level 10

Moves:
Growl
Thunder Wave
Quick Attack
Helping Hand

SyngthaSuyeon

Specialty: Rare types & UU/NU
Years
Username: Sooyun
Game(s): White
Ultimate: no
District: Capitol

It's 4 in the morning, so hopefully I'm lucid... I understand that you can make an alliance with a Gym leader once you've beaten them, but how would it apply for the Elemental Triplets (Cilan, Cress, Chili)? You only battle one of them based on your starter and the game counts them as one Gym Leader since you only have to beat the one that challenges you. So with that said, can you make an alliance regardless of who you actually battle? Like... if I pick my starter and beat any of them, do I get to...

a) Make an alliance with any one of the 3 (Pick Snivy, beat Chili, become an ally of Cilan for example)?
b) Make an alliance with all 3 (allowing me to use Water, Fire, and Grass)

Or am I only allowed to make an alliance with the Triplet I actually defeat (Pick Tepig, beat Cress, can only become an ally of Cress)?

*planning ahead for the little to no type coverage I'll have*

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
Username: Sooyun
Game(s): White
Ultimate: no
District: Capitol

It's 4 in the morning, so hopefully I'm lucid... I understand that you can make an alliance with a Gym leader once you've beaten them, but how would it apply for the Elemental Triplets (Cilan, Cress, Chili)? You only battle one of them based on your starter and the game counts them as one Gym Leader since you only have to beat the one that challenges you. So with that said, can you make an alliance regardless of who you actually battle? Like... if I pick my starter and beat any of them, do I get to...

a) Make an alliance with any one of the 3 (Pick Snivy, beat Chili, become an ally of Cilan for example)?
b) Make an alliance with all 3 (allowing me to use Water, Fire, and Grass)

Or am I only allowed to make an alliance with the Triplet I actually defeat (Pick Tepig, beat Cress, can only become an ally of Cress)?

*planning ahead for the little to no type coverage I'll have*

You can only ally yourself with the Gym Leader you beat. Pick Snivy, fight Chili, ally yourself with only Chili. That's one of the scenarios. But remember, you can only ally yourself with ONE Gym Leader in the entire game, so make it count! I can see why this could be confusing; I ought to add a little post about that in the original post. Thanks for bringing it up! Also, welcome to the challenge.

Username: monsterdude279
Game: Black 2
Optional Rules: None
Username: Mp3beast
Game(s): Emerald, Sapphire, HeartGold, Red, Blue, SIlver, Crystal
Optional Rules: No evolving

Welcome to the challenge, both of you!

Ill join

Username: GreenMachien
Game: Heartgold
Username: GreenMachien
Game: Platinum

You seem to have signed up for two? I can put you down for both, unless this was a mistake.

Anyways, seeing all of you signing up for this challenge that I own has really inspired me to keep running the challenge. School will get in the way, but I think I can do this, still. Thanks!

SyngthaSuyeon

Specialty: Rare types & UU/NU
Years
You can only ally yourself with the Gym Leader you beat. Pick Snivy, fight Chili, ally yourself with only Chili. That's one of the scenarios. But remember, you can only ally yourself with ONE Gym Leader in the entire game, so make it count! I can see why this could be confusing; I ought to add a little post about that in the original post. Thanks for bringing it up! Also, welcome to the challenge.

Thanks for the clarification.
BTW, I've given myself a couple optional rules:
- I may only be allowed a death free pass on the first route and only until my first capture is level 10. After that, all bets are off. This is because our very own President Snow has secretly given us an extra week to train due to the average inhabitant being prissy little Purrloins who can't Scratch their way out of a wad of Cottonee.
-I may not carry the following items: revives or repels.
- I am limited to 5 of any item at one time and may only use them in battle.

My journey got off to a rocky start during the training period. For hours, I could not find a Purrloin in the grass and had to wait until route 2. The Purrloin I caught was named Iroha and she fainted many times until she reached level 7. We felt confident as of level 8 and set off for Striaton City. We easily took care of Bianca and (surprisingly) Cheren, got ourselves a free Panpour from a sponsor who joined Snivy in the box and trained more on route 2 before we challenged Chili. A few well placed Pursuits and Fury Swipes gave us the Trio Badge and earned us an alliance. I found a few items scattered by tributes that came before me and a sponsor gave me a Dusk Ball.

Not one to waste slots for Hidden Machines, I grabbed Snivy to get rid of an obstacle or 2. Another sponsor - Fennel - asked me to grab some Dream Smoke from a Munna so that she could help me get ahead of the other tributes. I met up with Tribute Bianca who was there for the same thing and asked me not to finish her team off from last time. Seeing Team Plasma try to destroy our needed items for sponsorship, I decided to kill both of them.They succumed to the Munna's hullusonogenic smoke before dying. I then proceeded on my journey, fighting a pair of bratty twins before running into Cheren. I didn't have time to finish him before Bianca came with a little girl who's own Pokemon was stolen.Even though we all wanted to beat the games badly, we felt that such tactics were of poor taste when the kid already had little to no chance of survival. Turns out it was Team Plasma again and we joined forces to kill the mouthy grunts. The child thanked me with one of the gifts she got from a sponsor and I killed another bunch of tributes (sparing one) before making my way to Necrene.

Upon arrival, Cheren gave me some berries and gave me a secret to kill Lenora. I healed up and immediately, trained outside Pinwheel Forest, and got to her gym, only to face N. Though his point of the Hunger Games being cruel and unnecessary were valid, I couldn't be caught conspiring against the Capitol and - regretably - had to kill his team. After facing N, Iroha evolved into a Liepard. We didn't pause in our tracks, making our way into the gym and facing Lenora's posse. After further training, we beat Lenora (simply through the power of luck). Once again, Team Plasma are up to their old tricks, but we'll rest and plan from there...

Team:

Iroha the Liepard
Level: 24
Profile: Hasty and Likes to thrash about
Attacks: Scratch Torment Fake Out Pursuit

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back