• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

It's Raining Cats and Dogs- Feline/Canine Pokemon Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Why do you think cat and dog Pokemon are often so weak?

Well, compared to a lot of other animals, cats and dogs aren't exactly the strongest. A lot of them are also accustomed to the life of pets (here in the real world that is, which may also be the image they're going for), which I guess kinda weakens them, as they aren't always on guard and hunting and such, and the most distinctive thing that remains of the wild animals they once were, are their congenital instincts. Cats and dogs are also really "generic" animals, and just seeing how many of them there are, it'd make sense not to make all of them too powerful and such. I mean, they kinda form a parallel category to Bug Pokemon, since there's a lot of them, and they're all based on real-life animals, although there aren't quite as many as there are Bug Pokemon, and it just wouldn't really make sense to give them their own typing.

But yeah, that's not to say that all cat and dog Pokemon are weak, as there are some strong ones (mostly belonging to the dog category), but they are generally quite weak. As I said, I think it may be because they're such a large group, and making the weaker ones stronger would just kinda make things unbalanced, as it could be on scale with making Bug types stronger.

...sorry I'm rambling so much s_s

FiersomeLucia

The Blue Skies Will Appear...
Years

ARF! MEOW!
What Is Your Username? FiersomeLucia
Do You Prefer Cats Or Dogs? I prefer both.
Who Is Your Dog Or Cat Starter? I love Zorua!

Why Do You Think Feline/Canine Pokemon Are Often So Weak?
Pokemon are supposed to be like wild animals, right? I guess those of the Pokemon who look like our everyday pets are referred to their animal counterpart; in this case, Domestic.

Years
Name: Cirno
Do you prefer cats or dogs?: Caats, meow meow! They're both adorable though. :3
Partner: Skitty
Why do you think cat and dog Pokemon are often so weak?: They're the two main pets in the real world.. I guess they translated that into their stats, which makes sense to me. They're weak since there are so many of them? Wouldn't make much sense to make many of them stronger since they're so easy to find; as Olli said, it'd be slightly unbalanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back