• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Kinda didn't mention this cause I didn't notice, but she can't really post pictures because her post count isn't high enough. But yeah, I'd reckon your GBA is fake. Couldn't you just switch back to the one you were previously using?

Years
Thanks for the replies, the cartridge itself is definately not a fake, it has the see through green case and the seal on it plus it was first bought from Game (or Game Station, cant remember now), brand new.

I've actually sold the game on eBay to someone who is now having these problems with it. I used it a couple of days before to check that it was still in working order as I hadnt played it for a few years and it was absolutely fine in my own GBA and a DS.

Surely it would have had these problems when I checked it, or when I used to play it a lot, if it was a problem with the actual cartridge? Could it be their consoles that are having the issues?

Worried that I'm going to get loads of problems on eBay if I cant sort this out :(

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
Possibly. I did wonder if the GBA was region-locked, but it turns out the only consoles that are region-locked are DSi-onwards, so that's not it.

It could be a problem with their DS or GBA. My DSLite got damaged when my brother ejected my Diamond whilst I was playing, and then my GBA games kept freezing 9/10 times. But it grew out of that.

You say it's on Ebay...could we have a link to the auction? I don't know why it would help...but meh, it might.

Do you know what model of DS and GBA this guy's using?

I suppose it could be an error with the internal battery, but I don't think it would be. It could also be that the new owner has a GBA from a different region to the game, but I'm pretty sure games themselves can't be region-locked.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
Years
Does the Latias every time i encounter it change or is it the same pokemon with the same stats.If it is the same then wouldn't i have to soft reset before i encounter it the first time?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Does the Latias every time i encounter it change or is it the same pokemon with the same stats.If it is the same then wouldn't i have to soft reset before i encounter it the first time?
It would be the same Latias since the first time you encounter it, so you would have to soft reset before you encounter it for the first time.

PatJamma

From the ashes
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 8, 2022
In Emerald why can't I release my pokemon? it keeps saying "(Pokemon) was released. ... ... ... ... ! (Pokemon) came back! Was it worried about you?" why does it keep doing this?!?!?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
No, that's incorrect. The Pokemon probably knows an HM that none of your other Pokemon know, so the game won't let you get rid of it since it's the only Pokemon you have with that move. So just go catch something else that can learn it, teach it to him, and you should be fine.

PatJamma

From the ashes
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 8, 2022
I just started so I don't have any HMs and I have two Pokemon including the one that won't be released

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
No, that's incorrect. The Pokemon probably knows an HM that none of your other Pokemon know, so the game won't let you get rid of it since it's the only Pokemon you have with that move. So just go catch something else that can learn it, teach it to him, and you should be fine.

;______; I was informed wrong then >__> I do hate Gamefaqs users, I really do :(

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Don't think the game will let you release til you have more then. Just go catch some more Pokemon. Why don't you just box the Pokemon instead? It's not necessary that you release it, and if it's for a Nuzlocke, I don't think the thread owner will penalize you for not releasing it immediately as long as you box it immediately.

Years
Okay, so I'm a little confused: I just got a copy of Emerald and am trying to trade from it to Ruby....but when I link things up and get both parties moved past the save-your-game portion and it says please wait....it just stays on that. It never says I can't trade or anything, it's just stuck until I press (B) to cancel.

Now I've read that you can't trade between these games until you get the ruby/sapphire and beat the game in Emerald, but I already have beaten that game....why can't I trade? Do I need to do something in Ruby? Or is my game broken?

The internal clock on the Emerald game has dried up, don't know if that's significant.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
The items Ruby and Sapphire are required for you to trade in FRLG, so those aren't the problem here. The clock is irrelevant too. And I'm assuming you have the Pokedex in both games.

Try switching the plugs on the link cable. Only other thing I can think of is that the Emerald might be fake, since you said you just got it. Where'd you get it from?

Years
Got it from Gamestop used...it looked the way it was supposed to, but then again I've never seen a fake.

I tried out my link cable with my other games and it worked using the same gameboys. I also tried putting in different ends of the plug and putting each cartridge into a different gameboy--nuthin'. I'm pretty sure whoever had it before me has traded before because they have some trade-only evolved forms in their storage.

So you're saying I shouldn't have to complete Ruby/Emerald to be able to trade with the other? If so I can't imagine what is wrong... :(

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
What type of Gameboys are you using?

And no, you don't have to complete Ruby and Emerald for them to trade with each other, so rule that out.

Years
I'm using an Advance and an Advance SP.

Not sure about the Honen thing...Emerald has national and Honen, and I'm guessing Honen is the one you start with, right? In which case that's the one Ruby has as I apparently restarted that game and have not beaten the Elite Four yet....could that be why? But then why won't it work with any of my other compelted games (i.e. FR/Emerald/LG/etc...?)

I just tried trading between each of my GBA gen games and nothing, even FireRed and LeafGreen wont connect. I get the same wait time right after it saves for the trade area but then it never moves forward. Surely you aren't supposed to wait a long time before it connects, right? It should be just a few seconds if anything, or should I just be more patient and wait a couple of minutes? Holding the wires in didn't seem to help either.

Grah, this is frustrating. This Emerald has a lot of the annoying-to-get pokemon like the Regis and some friendliness-based evos. :/

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I'm using an Advance and an Advance SP.

Not sure about the Honen thing...Emerald has national and Honen, and I'm guessing Honen is the one you start with, right? In which case that's the one Ruby has as I apparently restarted that game and have not beaten the Elite Four yet....could that be why? But then why won't it work with any of my other compelted games (i.e. FR/Emerald/LG/etc...?)

I just tried trading between each of my GBA gen games and nothing, even FireRed and LeafGreen wont connect. I get the same wait time right after it saves for the trade area but then it never moves forward. Surely you aren't supposed to wait a long time before it connects, right? It should be just a few seconds if anything, or should I just be more patient and wait a couple of minutes? Holding the wires in didn't seem to help either.

Grah, this is frustrating. This Emerald has a lot of the annoying-to-get pokemon like the Regis and some friendliness-based evos. :/

I'm pretty sure you don't need to complete the games to trade between them.

Maybe there is something wrong with your cable? Or perhaps the used Emerald you purchased. The way your explaining it though seems like there may be a problem with your cable.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Ah, SP and GBA. That might be the problem. I had some trouble trading between my SP and GBA as well. Unfortunately, the only solution I saw was to just use my other Advance. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back