• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
Years
"Thanks for the compliments," Alice said with a smile. Skye sat down and tended to Rama's wounds. Alice sat down also and pet Bean's head. Jem and Savannah ran over, curling up right by Bean. Skye began to hum, and without stutter. His voice was really soothing, so Alice listened quietly for a moment. She turned and looked at where everybody else was. They appeared to be having a barbeque. Alice thought similar to Skye, not sure whether she'd want to go over to them and eat the food they had. She was only somewhat familiar with Mark, talked to Bri several times, and knew Selene's name. Heck, Alice still called the guy with the Scyther, "Jacobs". "Ivy," Bean complimented, translating to, "You've got good battle style." This, of course, was directed at Rama. Alice looked out at the ocean and thought about what kind of water Pokémon she would capture.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Mark's eyes widened in reaction to what Valorie just told him. She caught the same Frilish that caught him huh... Several thoughts arose in his mind. Mostly ways of getting payback at it for nearly killing Mark. Maybe he could have Snype. But then again, this was a pokemon that nearly killed him. If anything, he should be afraid!

"U...um... great! Heh... well as long as it dosn't try to kill me again hopefully my pokemon can get along with it... heh..." Mark said, nervously munching on his watermelon slice. Snype overheard the comment about Valorie catching the Frillish from before. He had developed more mischievous thoughts then Mark had been. He was seriously going to give that thing a piece of his mind.

"Um..." Mark muttered. "Hey um... Valorie... maybe tomorrow we could hang out again...? I mean... I dunno how your feeling right now... but I'd like to hang out with you a little more if your ok with that..." Mark asked sitting down on his towel. He continued munching away on his watermelon slice as he waited for a response from Valorie.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 14, 2024
Rama smiled weakly. "Thanks, you're not half-bad yourself. Ellie pawed him gently and the the other fox gave her a calm look with teal eyes, too exhausted to transform. Skye paused, carefully snipping the last bandage before offering the first-aid kit to Alice.

"I w-was thuh-thinking of cuh-hatching a Psyduck suh-hometime," he told her softly. "D-Do y-y-you kn-know what Poh-kemon you want?"

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Brian looked up from the grill. He wasn't doing to bad. Sure, he had overcooked the meat a little at first, but now was turning out pretty good food! And he had only burned himself twice! He spotted Skye and Alice over elsewhere. He grinned at them. He wanted to go over and talk, but couldn't leave the grill. Instead, he took two burgers off the grill for them, put them on buns with a little cheese and a little ketchup. He put some chips on the plates, and a piece of watermelon. Duster ran up and took the plates. He whispered in her ear and she grinned and nodded. She slowly walked over to Skye and Alice, with a cup of pokeblock balenced on her tail for them to share with their pokemon.
"Bri says that as long as he's the chef, all of his friends get to eat! He also wants to let you know that you're more than welcome to join us! He'll even introduce you to everyone! and this is for your pokemon!" Duster said as she handed out the food.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Valorie noted the surprise. She wasn't sure how she felt about it herself. It was an awful thing Frillish had tried to do, but why? She didn't understand why it happened. It was all rather confusing for her. She didn't like the thought of abusing a pokemon under her control. Yet, she was far from okay and over what was done. For now, she just preferred to keep Frillish in its pokeball until she could get her emotions sorted.

Dratini meanwhile looked at Mark from Valorie's arms silently.

"I'm... not really sure why Dratini suddenly decided she liked you so much... I guess it's a good thing?"

Valorie smiled lightly down at Dratini, who bristled a bit with excitement. Dratini, unlike her trainer, was having a good time. Of course, she was silently aware of something off with Valorie.

NightOfRemorse

Years
Alice accepted the first-aid and sprayed a Super Potion on Bean's wounds. "I heard that Psyduck are great Pokémon if you train them right. I'm sure you would!" she replied, and then thought for a moment. "I'm interested in a Carvanha or a Staryu. Staryu has the speed, and I heard Carvanha really pack a punch!"

Suddenly, a Minccino ran over with plates of food. There were burgers, and watermelons. Ha, the watermelon was obviously Mark's. Alice took the plates and handed one to Skye. "Aw, you're so cute! Thanks," Alice said to the Minccino. "Thank you!" Jem said, putting the pokéblocks in the middle for any of the Pokémon who wanted some. Bean extended his vine and grabbed a blue one. Alice smiled at the Minccino and then looked at Skye. "Should... should we go over?" she asked him.

Megaman765

Years
Mark reached into the bag beside him and put his blue T shirt back on. It was feeling pretty cold. Mark was shivering a little bit. Dratini seemed to be looking at Mark still.

"Heh, I dunno. But I'm fine with it. She's a really nice Pokemon." After eating a bit of food, Snype wandered over to Mark and sat beside him looking up to Dratini as well. Something about the tone of Valorie's voice kinda gave away just how she was feeling. She was still kind of down. Mark needed to think of a way to lighten up her spirits a little... He made a bit of room on his towel for Valorie to sit beside him if she wished. Snype smiled over to the two and relaxed on his back.

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 14, 2024
Skye paused and smiled as he took a bit of the food. "A St-Staryu wo-would be ah-able to f-fight on l-land and wuh-water." He looked at the others, all of whom seemed to be having fun. Feeding Rama a Pokeblock, he nodded softly, standing up. Skye held out a hand for Alice. "Ih-hif you wuh-want to." Ellie stretched as Volca woke up and crawled over, stealing watermelon. Ellie climbed up Skye's pants, reaching his head and flopping there like a furry hat.

NightOfRemorse

Years
Alice looked at the others again. It would be better off to at least sort of befriend them, right? No matter what anyone says or believes, it's always best to have the trust of your peers. Being alone in this school throughout the year would not help. Okay, maybe it didn't need to sound so sappy, but it was the truth. Alice smiled at Skye and took his hand, standing up. Alice took a small bite from her burger and held the plate in her left hand. She raised both eyebrows as if saying, let's go for it, then. She brushed the sand off herself and tilted her head while looking at Jem, gesturing to him so that he'll climb onto her shoulder.

"Get that, please, Bean." Bean picked up the cup of pokéblocks with his vines and followed Alice as she walked over to the group. She stopped in front of them awkwardly. "Umm... hi..."

Dawn

Years
Valorie noticed the gesture, and after several moments sat down beside Mark. Not quite against him, but right there beside him. She crossed her legs and lowered Dratini onto her lap.

"...I'd love to spend more time with you Mark. I'm usually training during my freetime, though."

It was true. Valorie usually trained until either her pokemon needed some rest or rejuvenation. That or sleep happened. Of course, sleep was considered free time by her. Seeing as she had a slight tendency to sleep walk she usually spent the nights she did training extra hard. She recalled long nights having Charmander and Dratini battle it out, making them set challenges and restrictions to themselves to change things up. Doing so caused her to think about her parents, which lead to her remembering that she missed them. Valorie let out a sigh that seemed to come from nowhere to others. Dratini glanced up, but didn't seem to think anything of it. Dratini then glanced down at Snype. The pokemon had an uncanny knack for staring at others, but it didn't seem to have bad intentions. Its stares were usually curious at worst.

004fxt.png
Charmander ♀ Lv. 14 (Scratch, Smokescreen, Flamethrower, Attract, Iron Tail, Headbutt)
147cl.png
Dratini ♀ Lv. 20 (Flamethrower, Double Team, Thunder Wave, Twister, Dragon Rage, Dragon Rush)
328p.png
Trapinch ♀ Lv. 15 (Bite, Dig, Rock Slide, Facade, Return, Toxic)
frilish.png
Frillish ♀ Lv. 10 (Absorb, Bubble, Night Shade, Toxic, Watersport)
---
---

Last edited:

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 14, 2024
Skye followed her quietly, carrying his own plate. Carefully to avoid spilling, he smiled and greeted. "My n-name is Skuh-Skye and thih-his is A-Alice. Nuh-nice to m-meet y-ou all." He could feel Alice's nervousness and had decided to step in. Ellie waved an energetic paw at them all while Volca kept munching obliviously on the watermelon. "M-Mind ih-if w-we join you?"

Years
Jack looked around at everyone glad to see how close everyone were getting in such a short time knowing each other. Jack walked over to Brian at the makeshift grill took the spatula and continued flipping food which was almost done with everything that was cooked being placed on plates and the shared out to everyone. "You did good Brian" Jack patted Brian on the back until he noticed the two other people who had walked and nodded to them acknowledging their presence. "And Brian don't think I forgot about the battle"

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
"Uh... I didn't! I promise!" Brian said, letting Jack take over the grill. He grabbed his own plate, though the burger was cold, and walked over to the group.
"Hi! I don't know if everyone here knows everyone else, but I do! So I'll introduce you all. That's Mark, Selene, and Valerie! And those two are Skye and Alice! That's Jack at the grill! I know we'll all have a good time!" Brian said, pointing at each of them in turn. He needed no introduction. Everyone knew him!

(OOC: It's getting late where I'm at. Just assume that Brian is sticking his nose into everyone's buisiness, as usual. If anything really important happens, he'll fade into the background. Have fun all, and see you in the morning.)

Megaman765

Years
She said yes! Maybe this showed she was at least comfortable around Mark... but it was another opportunity to get to know her.

"Hey thats fine! If your alright with it, I'd like to train with you sometime if you'd like. I mean, I really want to get better at battling and you seem to have alot of skill when it comes to that!" Mark said to her. Right now it was a matter of deciding where to meet up.

Snype looked up at Dratini and smiled at her as he took off his Scuba mask and floaties. ["Hi there! Kehehe. Name's Snype."] Snype said to the Dratini.

Dawn

Years
Valorie smiled lightly. She hadn't told Mark about her sleep walking problem. She didn't particularly intend to either. It hadn't really occurred to her that it was /important/. She didn't understand sleep walking. All she knew was she woke up in strange places doing strange things and a mysterious man had once called it sleep walking. As far as she figured, it wasn't important. Of course, she was wrong.

"I was thinking that my other two pokemon haven't gotten much training since I've gotten here... They need a turn, though neither really deal with the ocean very well..."

Valorie glanced at the pokeball containing Trapinch. Trapinch hadn't even been out of her ball. Of course, Trapinch was a lot less active than Charmander, and nowhere near as irritable or rambunctious.

Dratini stared at Snype for a moment or two before she spoke. She had a knack for not pronouncing things right, and didn't have a very large vocabulary. It was child-speak. She also sometimes paused in the middle of sentences, having difficulty finding the words for something.

Dratini: "My name is... Dratini!"

Dratini seemed to believe that to be her actual name. Valorie had always felt that she lacked the creativity to give good nicknames, and simply hadn't done so.

004fxt.png
Charmander ♀ Lv. 14 (Scratch, Smokescreen, Flamethrower, Attract, Iron Tail, Headbutt)
147cl.png
Dratini ♀ Lv. 20 (Flamethrower, Double Team, Thunder Wave, Twister, Dragon Rage, Dragon Rush)
328p.png
frilish.png
---
---

PL50

I hate legendaries
Years
I was reading the RP and it looks interesting, if there aren't any open spaces that's alright :3

Name:Christopher
Nickname:Either chris or christopher
Dorm:Raikou if the 3 spaces aren't taken
Appearance: 5'6 Black straight hair, Brown eyes, Average body tone. Wears a red jacket with black t-shirt hiding under it. Blue jeans with the support of a white belt. The character also has a Blue and White cap facing forward. And also has a gray messenger bag hanging from the right.
Personality: Chris is mostly quiet and timid around others. When called in class for any question he slightly lifts his head up but answers quietly. He is very shy around others, but with pokemon he isn't. He admires the strength of powerful pokemon, and the apperance of cute pokemon. He doesn't believe that pokemon are just for battling, but they are friends.
History: Chris grew up in New Bark Town, After traveling around with his pokemon and obtaining 2 badges, he felt that he needs more knowledge in the world of pokemon. His mother also resides in new bark town, while his father is over seas in the hoenn region as a pokemon ranger. He has a 7 year old sister who plans on being a pokemon trainer when she grows up, she also befriended a sentret that was found injured outside their home. Chris made a promise to his sister that he will graduate and travel around johto with her.

He has traveled to kanto through the express train and did meet someone there who actually encouraged Chris to be a trainer. His name you ask? I think you know. On chris's 10th birthday, the professor came over and gave chris an egg. his exact words where "When this egg hatches, it will be your pokemon."

Right when the egg hatched, out came a cyndaquil! The baby cyndaquil took a great liking to Chris and they both became friends, training with his neighbors, also with the annoying youngster joey (HAI! MY RATTATA IS SOOOOO COOL!) He has decided to take the league challenge, only able to obtain 2 badges from Violet city and Azelea town. He decided to put his journey on hold and start going to school to get more knowledge and figure out what he wants to do in life.

Pokémon: Cyndaquil
Species: Fire mouse pokemon
Nickname: None
Personality: Cyndaquil loves to eat, His favorite berries are pecha berries due to it's sweet flavor! Cyndaquil loves to play with other pokemon, But when it comes to batteling, it's a whole different story. Cyndaquil's dream is to evolve into a typhlosion and beat the champion.
Lvl:10
Moveset: Return, Leer, Ember, Quick attack

C:

Megaman765

Years
"hmm. I've pretty much been training my pokemon evenly. Each of them has had at least one battle. Can't say my win loss ratio is too great though. I've only won one battle out of three. Eh... guess I've been running into alot of tough situations out there." Mark said. He then lyed his back on the towel and looked up to at the night sky smiling.

"I never got much chances to train my pokemon back home. Was usually at home doing stuff. My dad was often really busy at the Celedon Game Corner winning or losing money. It was tough to focus on training for battles there." Mark said looking up at Valorie. "Hey um... aren't you cold? It's getting pretty late out..."

Snype smiled up at Dratini. It was adorable. She was still learning to talk it seemed but maybe he could learn something about her. ["So, You seem to be taking a liking to my trainer over there huh Dratini?"] Snype said to her.

Dawn

Years
Valorie smiled lightly. She then admitted something she usually kept to herself out of fear of embarrassment. She had a strong fear of judgmental people, to say the least.

"I guess you could say me and Dratini share something really special."

Dratini glanced up at Valorie momentarily, having heard her name.

"It's... a bit chilly, but I left my clothes back in my dorm. Icirrus City was a really cold place anyway."

She seemed to be very non-chalant about the cold. It helped to have a warm serpent pokemon in her lap. Speaking of which, Dratini looked back down to Snype, seeming rather excited in tone.

Dratini: "Yeah..! I think he's my Dad!"

Dratini hadn't really known any better ways to express herself, and hadn't really understood how weird that would sound to any other pokemon. She seemed excited about it though.

004fxt.png
147cl.png
328p.png
frilish.png
---
---

Megaman765

Years
"A special bond huh? Heh. Kinda like me and Snype over here. We've been buddies for who knows how long." Mark said letting off a half hearted laugh. Valorie said she was kinda cold, reminding mark she was from a pretty cold place to begin with. Either way, Mark reached into his bag and pulled out his dorm jacket that he brought along just incase any teachers questions if he's part of the academy.

"I know your not from the same dorm but it should at least keep you warm for a bit." Mark said, offering the jacket to her.

Snype was suprised hearing Dratini say that he thought Mark was his dad. ["Your dad huh? Kehehe. Well, if he is your dad, he seems to be doing a good job so far. Kehehe. I've been friends with him for a long time. He's a real nice guy. It's a real chore to get him angry trust me."] Snype said to her.

Dawn

Years
"I hatched Dratini from an egg myself. She, ah..."

Valorie was well aware of how much Dratini loved her. Yet, she couldn't think of a way to say it that wasn't awkward sounding!

"I guess I'm the closest thing she has to a mother and she the closest thing I have to a daughter."

Valorie blushed slightly as she said that. It was an embarrassing relationship to admit to having for her. Yet, she seemed to be happy with it, regardless. Then Mark offered her his jacket. Valorie briefly considered that she was proud of being in Suicune dorm. Yet... it wasn't all that big a deal to her, and she didn't want Mark to feel as though she looked down on him. She dismissed the thought and accepted the jacket. Being calm was coming easier to her now. The earlier events were, for the moment, sliding to the back of her mind.

"Thanks... Are you thinking about heading back soon?"

Valorie had seemed simply curious. Meanwhile, Dratini's tone became matter-of-fact.

Dratini: "I know he is! He and Mom put their lips together..!"

Dratini seemed to become momentarily frustrated.

Dratini: "That's what Moms' Mom and Dad do."

Hopefully, Snype would get that she was referring to Valorie. As mentioned before, Dratini was not the best at speaking. Apparently, Dratini had seen Valorie's parents kissing, and took the earlier mouth to mouth to signify a loving bond. Valorie of course had no clue that this was the mysterious reason Dratini suddenly liked Mark so much.

004fxt.png
147cl.png
328p.png
frilish.png
---
---

Back