• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Metal & Color Generation Help Thread

Best secondary Pokemon Growlithe, Abra, or Machop?

• Growlithe

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Abra

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Machop

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Having trouble at Seafoam Islands on Pokemon Blue, What are the boulders for?
The boulders are there to stop water currents on the bottom most floors that have water. The currents prevent you from freely navigating in most of the water. If all of the boulders are pushed down all of the holes, the water will be calm enough to Surf, thus giving you access to reach Articuno on the very bottom floor.

Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2012
I just beat Red in Pokemon gold. Is there anything else to do? I have captured Ho-oh and Lugia.

Last edited:

Lucifer

Fallen1
Years
Hey
I have been playing my old Yellow again for the first time in years and I was wondering is there a nurse or a room where you can heal in the S.S Anne?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Hey
I have been playing my old Yellow again for the first time in years and I was wondering is there a nurse or a room where you can heal in the S.S Anne?
Not in the R/B/Y series. They didn't place a room for you to heal in until the third generation remakes. They do, however, have multiple healing items in rooms around the ship, if that helps any.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Damn, well thanks.
Are there any burn heals hidden on board anywhere by any chance?
Unfortunately, no, sorry. :c

The list of items and locations are as followed, though:

Max Potion - Bottom deck, room to the farthest right

Ether - Room 3 on bottom deck

TM 44 (Rest) - Room 2 on bottom deck

Hyper Potion
- Bottom deck, far left room, on the bed's pillow (it is hidden)

Great Ball
- In the galley (or cafeteria), bottom trash can

TM 08 (Body Slam)
- Main deck (where entrance is), second room from the left

Max Ether
- top deck, second room from the left

Rare Candy
- top deck, third room from the right

HM 01 (Cut)
- from captain

Source, also including more info about the ship, located here.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I also want to add that you can leave the SS Anne at any time before getting HM01 to heal your Pokémon at the Pokémon Centre and it won't leave. You can also return after it has left by abusing a glitch. Click the word "Glitch" to see the video.

Last edited:

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2015
Pokmeon Yellow

Can I Play Pokemon Yellow, On a Gameboy SP

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2015
Thanks that's a relief considering i just ordered a Pokemon yellow off amazon without knowing XD

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2012
Is there Toxic Trapper set for Pidgeot in Yellow?

I already used the TM, lol. Right now I have several sets in mind, but I don't know what words the best for my Pidgeot.

The current set is: Toxic, Fly, Mirror Move, and Swift.

Set number 2 is: Toxic, Sky Attack, Substitute and Mirror Move

Set number 3 is: Toxic, Fly, Mirror Move and Substitute.

Toxic as a starting move, then Fly to stall plus STAB and Swift purely for STAB. I don't know what moves to get rid of. Wing Attack is no longer an option, plus wouldn't Fly be better in a Toxic Pidgeot to stall? I don't really know. Also, is Double Edge a good move for Pidgeo? I don't really like recoil moves, and don't even know if it'll be good on Pidgeot as it's a rather fragile pokemon, despite being good looking :D I need help and it's driving me insane trying to come up with a successful moveset for a Toxic stalling Pidgeot.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
A few questions:
1. Do the Pokemon r/b/y games have an internal battery?

2. They don't have a time function or shinies, so if my battery ran dry(say that the answer to number 1 is yes)then waht happens? I've heard that you can't save anymore, but I've also heard that nothing happens.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
A few questions:
1. Do the Pokemon r/b/y games have an internal battery?
Yes, they do. Not entirely sure how long they last, but they most certainly do.

2. They don't have a time function or shinies, so if my battery ran dry(say that the answer to number 1 is yes)then waht happens? I've heard that you can't save anymore, but I've also heard that nothing happens.
While they don't have a day or night feature, the internal battery dying really does cause the game to be unable to save any progress what-so-ever. No, there is no way to charge it. Yes, pretty much the only way to replace it is to get another one with an internal battery that stills works (while extremely rare), or to get an emulator and whatnot.

Years
  • Seen Nov 11, 2020
Pokémon Escape Rate (RBY)

Hello, PokéCommunity! I discovered this place yesterday and I just decided to register, I hope to learn a lot during my stay aswell as to try to be helpful whenever I can :)

Now, about this thread, I was wondering if anyone had a list of Pokémon Escape Rates for Generation I. I've been working on a hacked version of Red that incluedes all 151 original Pokémon and I've been thinking about making some of the Pokémon you miss (Omanyte/Kabuto, Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan, etc) appear in the Safari Zone. However before I do this, I want to know the escape rate of these Pokémon, because depending on how high the rate is I'll make them appear more or less often or if it's way too high I'll just make them appear somewhere else.

Regards and thankyou for your help! :)

Edit: I just noticed this post got moved from it's original thread. I'm sorry if I caused any inconvenience by creating a seperate thread, the reason I did so was because I considered this was more of a request for infromation rather than a question itself (and not a simple question). Seeing that the staff members consider this the appropriate thread for my post, I'm totally ok with my post being transfered here, and I just wanted to apologize for the inconvenience.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back