• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fakemon by AtavanHalen343

AtavanHalen343

Dacaytus, one of my sprites.
Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2023
Thanks! I'm working on him some now, and I just finished up working on the legendary!

thitan.png

AtavanHalen343

Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2023
Lol thanks! ^.^ I have a new pokemon! I'm gonna start giving little pokemon blurbs describing the pokemon!

dimwatt.png

Dimwatt
Dim Pokemon
ELECTRIC/DARK
Not the brightest pokemon, figuratively and literally. They live in caves, where they are preyed upon due to their constant glow and inability to hide effectively due to said glow. The only thing dimmer than the light it gives is it's intelligence.

AtavanHalen343

Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2023
Yes, it is. lol :) New! Saptus evo! I'm rather proud of how my spriting is improving.

cactofear.png

Cactofear
The Regret Pokemon
GRASS/GHOST

EDIt: Saptus improvement!

saptus.png

Last edited:
Years
Yes, it is. lol :) New! Saptus evo! I'm rather proud of how my spriting is improving.

cactofear.png

Cactofear
The Regret Pokemon
GRASS/GHOST

EDIt: Saptus improvement!

saptus.png

Woah, these are just becoming better and better! :D I'm really surprised as to how well your skills are developing. It'd be nice to see a third evo soon, not to rush you or anything. Take your time. :)

I don't really have any complaints about Cactofear. But Saptus looks somehow... odd? Maybe I'm just bad with color though. Unless you meant it to be brighter than the second one?

AtavanHalen343

Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2023
Recolored Saptus and edited the shading! It was meant to be a lot brighter so that, as the line got paler and paler, it would represent the life leaving the plant as it became a ghost, but my color for Saptus didn't mesh too well, so hopefully this'll be better! ^.^

saptus.png

EDIT: Still a bit bright...I'll toy with it tomorrow.

Last edited:

AtavanHalen343

Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2023
You're right. lol I'll fix that!
And, IceyPinkLemons, here"s the third evo! :)

dacaytus.png

Dacaytus
Decrepit Pokemon
GRASS/GHOST

EDIT: Recolor of Saptus! I'm finally happy with his colors! :)

saptus.png

Last edited:
Years
You're right. lol I'll fix that!
And, IceyPinkLemons, here"s the third evo! :)

dacaytus.png

Dacaytus
Decrepit Pokemon
GRASS/GHOST

EDIT: Recolor of Saptus! I'm finally happy with his colors! :)

saptus.png

HOLY FLYING FUDGESICLES. You've really freaking applied yourself. :o I am legitimately impressed by your progress. But just one thing. You might want to play around and see what you can do with a little dithering in maybe some of the darkest spots. This one seems a little too much like the colors are just layered over each other, so the dithering might balance the sprite out. Other than that; THAT SPRITE FREAKING ASPLODED MY EYES WITH AWESOMENESS. It'd be great to see you rework some of your other sprites like that.

Comerion

DGXZ
Years
Nice, keep em up. I love the designs. On the new fire starter, lower the saturation of the red, it stands out too much and ruins the effect of the black. Also, watch the shading on the legs of Sizzark, there should be atleast a bit of light on the back leg.

AtavanHalen343

Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2023
Thanks for the comments and support! I'll prolly begin revamping some of my old sprites soon. ^.^ New sprite! I like this'un.

fistaccio.png

Fistaccio
Mustache Pokemon
FIGHTING/GHOST

pokepokemo

The RPing Challenger!
Years
Awesome! Fistaccio is, frankly weird...... But come one, how can a mustache with fists NOT be weird?

And the legendary thingy, I thgought that the old nose was now a plug thing

Years
  • Seen May 3, 2012
I really like Patrobo, the grass starters, and the fire starters. Aarsun (besides having an awesome name) looks awesome I think, as does your legendary. My only comment there is that Aarsun definitely doesn't look like an electric type. I was thinking it would be FIRE/GROUND or FIRE/DARK when I saw it; I'm not sure I get an electric vibe from anything other than its name. Not a huge fan of Pomporb though, especially since it looks like it might evolve into a Lanturn (and you already have an electric starter). Awesome work though!

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2012
hm, these pokemons are a bit irregular. I mean that some of them are cool and some of them aren't.

For example:
Dacaytus, Ogringe or Thundertyn are cool, but Hipposaur or Boonket are a lot worse!

Search which ones are the best and try to mantain that style with the other ones!

AtavanHalen343

Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2023
I really like Patrobo, the grass starters, and the fire starters. Aarsun (besides having an awesome name) looks awesome I think, as does your legendary. My only comment there is that Aarsun definitely doesn't look like an electric type. I was thinking it would be FIRE/GROUND or FIRE/DARK when I saw it; I'm not sure I get an electric vibe from anything other than its name. Not a huge fan of Pomporb though, especially since it looks like it might evolve into a Lanturn (and you already have an electric starter). Awesome work though!

Thanks for commenting! When I first made Aarsun, his color scheme was red/yellow, and I changed it when I revamped him. Pomporb's appearance and shape will be more apparent soon. :)

hm, these pokemons are a bit irregular. I mean that some of them are cool and some of them aren't.

For example:
Dacaytus, Ogringe or Thundertyn are cool, but Hipposaur or Boonket are a lot worse!

Search which ones are the best and try to mantain that style with the other ones!

Well, Ogringe, Hipposaur, and Boonket are older sprites, and ones that were partially amalgamon, and are no longer actually a part of the fakedex I'm making. Hence the "Old Fakemon" heading. Thank you for commenting though! :)

NEW FAKEMON! Finally finished the water starter's first form!

aquarm.png

Aquorm
Water Starter
WATER

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
Thanks for commenting! When I first made Aarsun, his color scheme was red/yellow, and I changed it when I revamped him. Pomporb's appearance and shape will be more apparent soon. :)

Well, Ogringe, Hipposaur, and Boonket are older sprites, and ones that were partially amalgamon, and are no longer actually a part of the fakedex I'm making. Hence the "Old Fakemon" heading. Thank you for commenting though! :)

NEW FAKEMON! Finally finished the water starter's first form!

aquarm.png

Aquorm
Water Starter
WATER

Just a suggestion, but this Pokemon looks a bit too much like it will be an Electric type, and you already have many Electrics made. Maybe you should change the yellow bits to another color or something, but I'm interested to see what the final evolution looks like. And the Aarsun comment is valid, it looks nothing like an Electric type in it's new appearance.

Back