• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where to buy?

Years
I generally buy in person from the reputable big box retailers like Target and Wal-Mart, as 95% of the time, the cards they sell, even the after-market repackaged ones, are legitimate. I also buy from game shops, bookstores, and hobby shops I know have the official boosters.

Online, I've generally bought from eBay sellers with good reputations. I've not given the major online sellers (trollandtoad.com and the like) a go, and I've yet to actually buy any from Amazon or the sellers that use it, either. I know there are a few people that come around here every once in a while that have some experience with the legitimate online retailers, so they can give you more details on which one is better, but the reputable ones I can think of off the top of my head are trollandtoad.com, pokeorder.com, and tcgplayer.com.

Any sellers in particular you were looking for references on?

KenXEcker

Pokemon Professor
Years
For singles I usually go to Collector's Cache (collectorscache.com) or Troll and Toad. Cache is a little more expensive, but they ship out next day if not same day. Troll and Toad is cheaper, but (in my experiences) not shipped out as fast.

For booster boxes I go to dacardworld.com... They have a rewards program where the more you spend, the more and better free stuff they give you. Their selection of singles isn't that impressive, but it's a good place to get boxes for sure!

Otherwise miscellaneous packs and tins, I just go to Walmart because it's close to my house...

K1ngQu33n

Poke K1ng
Years
I buy Pokemon cards from everywhere.
You can find them mostly anywhere as well, If it's at a local convenient store or WAL-MART.
I live in Canada and I don't know where you live. If you live in the states ... I would suggest Target or something... Not completely sure though.

And you can either buy them in a starter deck, Tinned deck with a Foil card, Or even a championships winner deck. They have almost everything in cards.

You can even buy them from collectors that sell rare cards online.
Myself I have over 10,000 + Cards. But that's not what were here for lol.

Yeah, If you need anymore information just reply to me! :)

Back