• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Purple

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2013
Pokemon Purple is, in a nutshell, a complete re-imagining of Pokemon Red and Blue version, featuring crossover from the Neon Genesis Evangelion universe.

It will feature all 151 original Generation 1 Pokemon, as well as any evolutionary forms of the original 151 that were introduced in Generation 2. It will also have some entirely new Pokemon based on the Angels from Neon Genesis Evangelion.

The game will take place in a heavily modified version of the Kanto region, and will also have gameplay mechanics that have been significantly reworked. The basic overall goals of the game is the same though: Catch Pokemon, beat the Gym Leaders and defeat the Elite Four.

Speaking of Gym Leaders, here they are:

Ryoji Kaji
01_PewterGym_RyojiKaji.png

Asuka Langley Soryu
02_CeruleanGym_AsukaLangleySoryu.png

Lieutenant Shigeru Aoba
03_VermillionGym_LtShigeruAoba.png

Mari Makinami
04_CeladonGym_MariMakinami.png

Toji Suzuhara
05_FuschiaGym_TojiSuzuhara.png

Rei Ayanami
06_SaffronGym_ReiAyanami.png

Gendo Ikari
07_CinnabarGym_GendoIkari.png

Kozo Fuyutsuki
08_ViridianGym_KozoFuyutsuki.png

And here's the Elite Four:

Naoko Akagi
E01_NaokoAkagi.png

Keel Lorenz
E02_KeelLorenz.png

Pen Pen
E03_PenPen.png

Misato Katsuragi
E04_MisatoKatsuragi.png

And last but not least, the rival, Kaworu Nagisa:
RIVAL_KaworuNagisa.png

Screenshots:
purple001.png
purple002.png

purple003.png
purple004.png

purple005.png
purple006.png

purple007.png

The screenshots above are not necessarily representative of what the final project will look like. Some things might end up looking very different by the time the game is complete. For instance, I've decided I'll be switching to a "widescreen" 300x180 resolution instead of the standard GBA resolution. I'm aiming for a December 4 release, but that might be a bit ambitious, so don't be surprised if setbacks end up pushing the date back to sometime in 2013. And being that I'm an adult with a full-time military obligation, and with some particularly hectic stuff going on in and around December for me, it'll probably be released mid/late 2013 if it does end up getting pushed back past Dec. 4.

Here's a mockup of what the battle screen will generally look like:
mockup01.png

This project is being developed by me, myself and I. But here's the credits for the people/sites whose sprite/tileset rips I've benefitted from:

Bob799
A.J. Nitro
Sapphire_Dragon
Ryo
Axmarrone
Sam Webster
i2needspeed
fabnt
Kaori
Pokemon Elite 2000

And the person responsible the awesome Evangelion Unit 01 image featured on the splash screen:
Nanahra

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2013
I've decided that I'm going to use an isometric perspective for this game.

For a taste, here's one of the sprites:
pallettown_house.png

DaSpirit

Mad Programmer
Years
Interesting I suppose. Always good to see GameMaker games here. How is the battling going to work with the sync bar?

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2013
Thanks for showing some interest, guys.

The Sync Bar replaces the PP system and, in the most basic sense, works somewhat like the ATB meter of some Final Fantasy games.

Unlike the FF ATB system though, you don't have to wait for the meter to completely fill to be able to do anything. You can execute an action at any time you feel like, so long as you have the amount of sync required to perform the specific action you wish to perform. And different actions will have different sync costs, naturally.

Also unlike the FF ATB system, the sync ratio is persistent outside of battle and continues to increase as you walk around (albeit more slowly than in battle). But there will be certain potentially severe risks associated with letting the sync ratio get too high or too low, so you need to keep it in check.

Back