• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Professional Wrestling Thread

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Shawn Michales is going to be the special guest referee on the match between Bryan and Orton. I wonder if he'll actually be calling it down the middle, team up with Daniel Bryan to take out Orton, or turn heel and side with his best friend, Triple H, to screw Bryan out of the title shot. If he does turn heel, then that should be quite epic! We haven't seen HBK play as a heel at all since the Attitude Era, which is a long time. Michales was a heel during his program with JBL a few years back, but that doesn't necessarily count since he hasn't done anything heelish purposely, he was rather forced. Plus, the crowd were fully behind him. d:

Also, Randy is definitely a heel right now, but other than myself, has anyone else noticed him getting cheered? At the moment, he seems to be in the status of guys like Punk, Jericho, and Taker—regardless of what he does, he still can't get complete boos. xD

Last edited:

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Oh, I never realized this was here. I just watch WWE RAW & Smackdown, nothing else, so not entirely a "true" wrestling fan if you want to call me that, no disagreement here.

I wanted to ask, when Big Show brought that semi truck last Monday on Raw, did anyone get goosebumps & flashbacks of Stone Cold Steve Austin's moments? I certainly did, even though I knew it was the Big Show lol

Also, I agree that John Cena will definitely win the title from Del Rio. As big as John Cena is in WWE, it's just the way it's going to be. I will be surprise (to the MAX) if Del Rio manage to defend his World Heavyweight title however. I can't wait to see the CM Punk vs Ryback & Paul Heyman match.

With HBK as special guest referee, I think Daniel Bryans may be in good shape to winning this match. Not saying it will happen, but my guts is telling me this, & I'm an Orton fan. If he does win, I would like to see HBK form his own group to go against the COO/Triple H. Big Show is already on DB's side.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Well, guys, John Cena's successfully won the World Heavyweight Championship last night, just as expected! He managed to escape Del Rio's Cross Arm Breaker, countered with an Attitude Adjustment, and went for the pinfall. This is his fourteenth world championship run—extremely close to Ric Flair, who's been a world champion for approximately sixteen times. After three more title runs, he might as well be able to break Flair's record. d: Rick Flair was one of my favorite wrestlers, but I honestly wouldn't to see his record being broken. After all, records are meant to be broken, right? John Cena may never turn heel, but if he ever does, though, then this will give him something to brag about. Haha.

Also, Randy Orton was able to defeat Daniel Bryan last night to become the new WWE Champion. Towards the end of the match, Bryan seems to have got a little upset, which caused him to attack Triple H. Due to this, Shawn Michales hit Sweet Chin Music on Daniel, allowing Orton to get the pinfall. I wonder if this'll lead HBK towards a heel turn? Maybe he's already turned heel. Speaking of heel turns, Kane made his return yesterday during the match between Miz and The Wyatt Family. At the end, he hit Miz with a chokeslam. This may cause him to turn heel, too. We've been having so many heel turns lately, haven't we? First, it was Randy, HHH, and Stephanie. Now, these guys.

Last edited:

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
Well, guys, John Cena's successfully won the World Heavyweight Championship last night, just as expected! He managed to escape Del Rio's Cross Arm Breaker, countered with an Attitude Adjustment, and went for the pinfall. This is his fourteenth world championship run—extremely close to Ric Flair, who's been a world champion for approximately sixteen times. After three more title runs, he might as well be able to break Flair's record. d: Rick Flair was one of my favorite wrestlers, but I honestly wouldn't to see his record being broken. After all, records are meant to be broken, right? John Cena may never turn heel, but if he ever does, though, then this will give him something to brag about. Haha.

Also, Randy Orton was able to defeat Daniel Bryan last night to become the new WWE Champion. Towards the end of the match, Bryan seems to have got a little, which caused him to attack Triple H. Due to this, Shawn Michales hit Sweet Chin Music on Daniel, allowing Orton to get the pinfall. I wonder if this'll lead HBK towards a heel turn? Maybe he's already turned heel. Speaking of heel turns, Kane made his return yesterday during the match between Miz and The Wyatt Family. At the end, he hit Miz with a chokeslam. This may cause him to turn heel, too. We've been having so many heel turns lately, haven't we? First, it was Randy, HHH, and Stephanie. Now, these guys.

Thats is really great i already knows that John cena will won i never give up supporting him either he become a heel or face and Yeah the Attitude Adjudgement was really great shock for Rio i already knew it. John has being able to have some successful days in 2013 but 2012 was a really bad year for him though he lost many important matches againt CMPunk and some other super star but i am happy that in past 2012 he beat Brock leznar and prove who is the real man. with his bad days end in last December nothing need to worry from then he only losses 2 matches in events and not a single match he lose in normal Raw or Smackdown episodes and the 2 matches he lose is first in Elemenation chamber against S.H.E.I.L.D And that because of Ryback and second with Bryan for the WWE Championship well the lose Agianst Bryan was full and fare no cheat happen but in Elemination chamber Ryback was pinned not John so maybe they can stop pinning Ryback from Dean (maybe he was pinning that time right ?) so maybe they had won that time.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
All right, so, after cutting that promo last Monday, HBK successfully completed his heel turn. He was bragging about how great he is and what accomplishments he's made throughout his career. Not only that, but he's also made a few insults to Daniel Bryan. This caused Bryan to become quite upset, which eventually led him to strike HBK with a LeBell Lock. The officials later had to separate the two. This is starting to remind me a lot about the NWO storyline that WCW did, but... it just doesn't have that "invasion" factor to it. xD"

In other news, rumor has it that TNA is being sold to a guy known as Billy Corgan. He is a singer, and is one of the members of a called The Smashing Pumpkins. I wouldn't mind if TNA does get sold to him, but I think it would be better if they sold it someone who's got more experience in wrestling, such as a former wrestler like Ricky Steamboat, Bret Hart, and Dusty Rhodes. Also, Donald Trump may not be a wrestler, but he is a fan of wrestling. Not only that, but he's also quite rich. If they sold it to him, it'd be pretty awesome, too. With his wealth, he could've taken TNA to brand new heights.

Years
Well, Billy Corgan's a self-proclaimed "wrestlemaniac," and has been a part of ECW, ROH and AAA in various capacities in the past, so it's not like he's a Dixie Carter who knew nothing about the business. I'm a little concerned for them about how well off he is financially though, since it seems it would take a fair amount of money to keep a major promotion like TNA afloat, if you consider things like performer and staff salaries, production costs, facility rentals, etc. If he's got all that lined up, then I wish him the best if he acquires TNA, as I'd really like to see them do well, if only to get WWE to step their game up again. And Donald Trump might not be a bad owner either, but I think he's smart enough to know that TNA isn't quite on the same level as WWE, and might never be regardless of who owns it (adding Hulk Hogan didn't do much for them, so I don't know what would).

As for the whole HBK/Daniel Bryan thing- what I wouldn't give to see HBK in the ring one more time, especially against a guy as talented as Daniel Bryan. I know that he said he would never go back on his word of retirement, but I don't think anyone would complain if he laced up the boots one more time. Plus, I'd much rather see that than the likely alternative of Bryan/HHH at some point down the road. It should be interesting to see what happens on Raw though, including whether or not Shawn shows up, or if we find out why the Wyatt Family went after Bryan (and CM Punk, too).

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Michales would most likely stick to his words and not wrestle another match. If he did tie up his boots once more, though, then it'd be totally awesome. Since HBK is a heel now, I could see The Authority using him as special referee, ring enforcer, etc. etc. to have things their way. Either that, or they could make turn him into another of their official crew member, like they did with Kane. When Kane came out to the arena last Monday with no mask and a suit, I was quite shocked. xD

The reason why they've had Wyatt family take out Bryan and Punk was, according to several reports, to set up a three-on-two handicap match at the next pay-per-view. Or, it could be a match with Rowan and Harper going up against CM Punk and Daniel Bryan; Bray would be sitting at ringside. Whatever happens, I'm really hoping for the Wyatts to win. It'd give them a good push. Speaking of The Wyatt Family, rumor has it that they're planning to make these guys the new bodyguards of The Authority. If it does happen, then The Shield would be broken up with Reigns turning face. It was hinted last Monday on RAW, when Roman Reigns was attacking Big Show; he gave The Authority a look of disappointment, signifying that he's doing something he is not wanting to do. d:

Years
I've got to say, I'm really enjoying Kane as the new Director of Operations. It's a position that seems the exact opposite that a character like his would fit into, but once you start finding out about his personality away from the ring, it fits him almost perfectly. Sure, it'll take a little getting used to (I'd finally accepted him under the mask again a few months ago), but he could end up being one of the more entertaining authority figures that we've had in some time.

And I've got to say, I couldn't be more disappointed in hearing that Kassius Ohno/Chris Hero was released by the WWE earlier in the week. Other than Adrian Neville and Sami Zayn, he was probably my favorite NXT guy, and I would really loved to see what he could do with some of the main roster talent. I do understand that he had a few issues with management due to gaining weight, but he managed to work that off over the past few months. And with Ryback and Curtis Axel breaking away from Paul Heyman, he would've been the perfect guy to pair up with him, and would've made a great opponent for CM Punk if he weren't busy with the Wyatts. The two have known each other for a long time and have great chemistry, so I would've loved to see them put on a clinic like Punk did with Daniel Bryan a few times.

Years
I like Corporate Kane as well. Regardless of what role he is given, he always comes out looking good. I enjoyed the segment on Raw where he told Orton that Big Show won't be his only problem if he didn't stop mouthing off.

I don't blame the WWE for releasing Ohno. He's an amazingly talented wrestler. But the reports were that he was letting his physique go despite being told numerous times to keep it in check and he only made strives to improve once he got pulled off NXT. I'm sorry, but that's a pretty cut and dry case of an employee ignoring direct orders from the boss. If all of this is true, then he only has himself to blame. I don't care if he's a fan favorite because it doesn't matter what job you have; if you repeatedly ignore your boss' orders that's grounds for termination. Just because it's pro wrestling and just because people love the guy doesn't mean the rules don't apply to him. The cold, hard reality of the situation is that physical appearance is usually a key component of the occupation. Do you like your job? Do you want to keep your job? Then do what's asked of you.

I heard about the WWE wanting to push bigger men which is why we've been seeing Khali and Harper a lot on TV lately. Harper is a good worker, but Khali can barely walk let alone wrestle. This could also be the reason Big Show is main eventing Survivor Series with Orton.

I'm losing interest in the product now. We have Big Show in the main event, Bryan and Punk back in the upper midcard, better female wrestlers on NXT that they could care less about, aimless feuds, Cena overcoming more odds and Curtis Axel still holding the Intercontinental Championship. I'll admit, I got my hopes up when they booked a title match between Ziggler and Axel on Raw.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Kane's new role isn't that bad, but it just isn't well-suited for him. To me, it looks very awkward seeing him in suit and tie. Plus, without the mask, I find him even more awkward, as I'm very used to the masked Kane. If they still allowed him to keep his mask but with an alternate color to match his corporate suit, then that would've been quite epic, in my opinion!

Yeah; have to agree about Kassius Ohno. If he really wanted to make it to the WWE, then he has to follow their directions, whatever they may be. Since he didn't, he kind of deserved to be released. Everyone gets to have a second chance, though, so they may rehire him in the future. Once they do, I hope to see him be a little more… respective towards them. d: WWE is the world's biggest wrestling organization at the moment. If you're given a chance by them, you gotta watch every single one of your footsteps and be as careful as you can possibly be.

Miz has turned heel tonight, in a match between Kofi and himself against The Real Americans. He refused to tag into the ring and abandoned Kofi, allowing Swagger to lock the Patriot Act on Kofi Kingston and have him tap out. What do you all think about this? Personally, I'm really excited to see where it takes The Miz. I always liked him as a heel. As a face, he was quite bland. I think he could align himself with The Authority, and perhaps take over Maddox's role as RAW general manager. Brad Maddox has gotten himself into a lot of trouble lately with Authority, so at some point in the future, they may let go of his GM spot. If they still want to keep him around, though, then maybe they could demote him to an assistant GM? Either that, or they should probably make him a referee again. o:

Years
Miz's heel turn on Raw was poorly executed, in my opinion. The crowd was quiet and the commentators didn't even acknowledge it properly. It was announced on WWE.com that Kofi and Miz will be having a match at the Survivor Series pre-show. The build up for this rivalry, if you can call it that, could have been better. I don't even understand why they are even having a match. It would have made more sense if The Miz had at least attacked Kofi after the match. The situation looked more like "You didn't let me tag you in, you cost us the match. We're not friends anymore, I don't want you crossing my path again" than "You're the reason we lost. We're enemies now" to me.

I really hope they have something better planned for The Miz. I don't want to see another long rivalry between Kofi and him again. They're not even competing for a midcard title this time which makes their match a lot less interesting.

Anyway, are you guys ordering the PPV?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Miz's heel turn wasn't done that well, I agree. I think they should've had him turn against a main-eventer, or at least made him give some major beating to Kingston after the match. I know that this kind of heel turn have been done thousands of times before, but still—it works.

How do you all feel about the match between Randy and Cena at TLC? What do you think the outcome will be? As for me, I have a feeling that both guys will be walking out with their respective titles at the end of the night, one way or another. They've just won their titles, so I don't think that they would be losing them this soon. What I hope to see is them keeping their titles at hands until Wrestlemania, then have a triple-threat unified championship match featuring John Cena, Randy Orton, and the Royal Rumble winner. Wouldn't that be awesome? :b

Last edited:
Years
Miz's heel turn wasn't done that well, I agree. I think they should've had him against a main-eventer, or at least had him give some major beating to Kingston after the match. I know that this kind of heel turn have been done thousands of times before, but still—it works.

How do you all feel about the match between Randy and Cena at TLC? What do you think the outcome will be? As for me, I have a feeling that both guys will be walking out with their respective titles at the end of the night, one way or another. They've just won their titles, so I don't think that they would be losing them this soon. What I hope to see is them keeping their titles at hands until Wrestlemania, then have a triple-threat unified championship match featuring John Cena, Randy Orton, and the Royal Rumble winner. Wouldn't that be awesome? :b

I agree - I mean, I can't really get behind The Miz as a heel or face, but he's much better as a heel. That being said, the way they did his turn... I don't know. To go from 'That's right, THE MIZ IS A HEEL!' to hugging and cheering with the fans in a matter of minutes, to teaming with Kofi, then slapping him. I know he's being a tweener atm, but the whole way they've done it is kinda awkward.

As for the main event of TLC... I had a theory (and looking around, a few others did too) that they'd grab each other's titles, and walk out a different champion than they came in as. But with The Authority guaranteeing 1 champion, I'm not too sure anymore...

Years
I think I'm just tired of The Miz in general. The last time I actually found anything The Miz did entertaining was back when he and R-Truth invaded the Hell in a Cell, which is already over 2 years ago. Much like John Cena, I know he's a great guy away from the ring and an awesome asset to the company in terms of promotion, but character wise, I wouldn't bat an eye if he was gone for a long time.

And I'm interested in seeing what happens during the title unification match at TLC. It's been a long time coming, and honestly the two men that should be in the match are Cena and Orton, but it seems like something better suited for Wrestlemania than sandwiched between two of the Big 4 PPVs (Survivor Series & Royal Rumble). One interesting thing I've noticed is that Triple H and the Authority have guaranteed one champion after TLC- but they never guaranteed it'd be Cena or Orton. I really don't want that one champion to be Triple H, but it honestly wouldn't shock me if that's the direction they went in. And if it means Daniel Bryan can work his way back into the Main Event somehow, I'd be all for it.

On a side note, I went to a WWE Live event that they held here in Vancouver tonight, and if you've never been to a live show (even a house show), you should definitely go if you have the chance. It was great to see guys like Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, Randy Orton and Big E Langston in person. And I always love the atmosphere and quirks of some of the crowds that you might not see on TV. For example, Jinder Mahal is quite popular out here. Both the shows I've been to, he's definitely one of the more cheered guys on the roster (behind the top stars, that is).

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Wow, lucky you. xD Last time I attended a WWE event was four years ago in 2009, when they held RAW at Madison Square Garden in Manhattan. It was great; got to see Undertaker there, as well as John Cena, DX, Randy Orton, Roddy Piper, MVP, Kofi Kingston, Melina, and a few others. Some of these people are no longer in the WWE though, which sucks. Tickets were extremely pricey, but they were worth it.

If Triple H does end up getting a hold of the titles, I could see him vacating them and call it "best for business," sort of like what Vince McMahon did when he won the WWF Championship. Either that, or he could keep himself as champion and cause Orton and Cena to form a unity so that they could get the belts off him. This would be a little boring though… well, in my opinion.

PokemonGiratinaX

2015 Edition.
Years
Did Bella Twin and John Cena just win the Slammy Awards?! That is so wrong. AJ Lee should win the Slammy Award. And CM should win because his match against the Undertaker at WM29 is better that The Rock vs Cena.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
It's just a matter of opinion, really. I guess more people liked the match between Rock and Cena, and that's how they won? That, or they might've rigged the vote for storyline purposes... either way, I'm fine with them winning Slammy. I personally feel that it was a great match; they deserved it.

Are any of you guys looking forward to Batista's return on January 20th? Also, what should he be—a heel or a face? Batista does play his role better when he's heel, but in my opinion, he should probably return as a face. We have way too many heels on the roster right now anyway, so if he does turn out to be a heel, he may have a hard time trying to fit in while not taking away others' spotlight.

Back