• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite Pokemon Film!

isthatyoudan

doesn't work well with others...
Years
I would make this a poll, but I honestly don't know how that is done. What is your favourite pokemon movie? I love pokemon heroes! It just tears me up at the end when
Spoiler:
I want others' input on this matter!

Guest123_x1

My favorite movie is the first-Mewtwo Strikes Back. Was quite a thrilling story with Mewtwo and his superclones, and I remember the intense hype and press surrounding it for its US theatrical release (at the time I went to see Toy Story 2, which came out a couple of weeks after, I thought the long lines at the theaters were for the Pokémon movie.)

You would think the third movie would be my favorite because of Molly being in it, but I think the first the best, for the reasons stated above.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Hmm.... it is not simple to just pick one. I have about four that tie for first

Pokemon the First Movie (1999), Pokemon 2000 (2000), Pokemon: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew (2006) and last Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea (2007)

It is very hard to pick one. There is big moments in all of those movies that I like.

A bit off subject. Toy Story 2 came out a week after the first movie. So everyone probably had already seen the pokemon movie by then. I actually also went to see Toy Story 2 in movie theaters, but I don't recall Pokemon being up then.

Years
My favorite movie is..."Pokémon: The First Movie" because I like the story and I liked Mewtwo in it. (Never saw it in theaters though, as 1. I was sort of a "Pokémon movie Virgin" at that time as I paid more attention to the anime itself than the movies and 2. I didn't see a movie in theateres until 2000, when I saw "Thomas and the Magic Railroad"
Other than that, the first one is one of the very few pokémon movies I've seen full-length. (Other than the "Bits and pieces" of the others I've seen such as: "Pokemon Heroes" "Lucario and the Mystery of Mew" and "Genesect and the Legend Awakened")

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Judging on the scale of 'seen only two times' and 'watched it every day for two years', I'd say that my favorites are still the first two movies. I used to watch those all the dang time.

Aside from those two, I've seen the Jirachi movie, and Lucario movie a lot.

I really like those four more than the others, but I have yet to really dislike a Pokemon movie.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Pokemon the Movie 2000, Jirachi Wish Maker, and Lucario and the Mystery of Mew would have to be my top three. Though I actually don't dislike any of the movies. Sure, they're cheesy and such but c'mon this is Pokemon. If you go in all judgmental or standards that are too high for Pokemon (which by this time we should know what standards work for Pokemon) of course you're not going to like 'em anyways so why even bother.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Some of my favorites are "Lucario and the Mystery of Mew", "Black—Victini and Reshiram", "Zoroark: Master of Illusions".... kept me very entertained, loved the story. So far my overall favorite has to be "Genesect and The Legend Awakened" I didn't expect to love the movie.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I have some of my faves, including Spell of the Unown for the awesome Molly's world scene (including the underwater battle scene), Giratina and the Sky Warrior because I like how Shaymin is portrayed, White - Victini and Zekrom for entertaining story and Kyurem vs. The Sword of Justice for epic battles between Keldeo and Kyurem.

Years
The first three movies were fantastic, though I also loved the Latios/Latias movie (its name escapes me atm asdf), Destiny Deoxys, and Lucario and the Mystery of Mew. Hopefully I'll be able to watch the newest film soon so I can see where it stands on my list!

isthatyoudan

doesn't work well with others...
Years
A Pokémon movie actually got me into Pokémon! The story:
I was a hotel and there was nothing on TV. The only decent thing was Jirachi: Wish Maker. I loved it, and when I got back home from the hotel, I picked up some Pokémon cards, and another Pokémon movie.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Another vote for Mewtwo Strikes Back, and I also really liked the sequel, Mewtwo Returns.

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
No love for Pokemon 4 Ever? I loved it. Both Mewtwo ones also make my top 3. It took me so long to track down Mewtwo Returns on DVD then waited 4 weeks to receive it. That's the most anxious I've ever been to watch any movie quite honestly.

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2017
no one said the rise of darkrai? the story is freakin amazing and the song Oracion?! come one that song makes me cry everytime. and darkrai is just like mewtwo! he is evil but then turns good. i cant belive no love for the Rise of Darkrai

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Aw man, this is a rather tough decision. I really, really like both Mewtwo Strikes Back and The Power of One, but after the numerous streamings of all the Pokemon movies I've done across the past 2 years, I've grown to love quite a bunch of them. I initially didn't really like the Celebi movie very much, as I felt it was way too cliche, and I wasn't a very big fan of Celebi. I was pretty much forced into streaming it during this year's GT though, and I can say I'm thankful for everyone who voted for the movie. I've grown to love it quite a lot, as I feel like I approached it much more openly, and it was one of the few times I've felt like Pokemon actually threw a curveball, and gave us something completely unexpected. And while it's completely certain that they didn't think of that prior to the launch of the anime waaay back, I feel like it still kinda fits in with how Oak trusted Ash enough to give him such a disobedient Pikachu :p

I also really like the Lucario movie, the Darkrai movie, as well as the Keldeo movie, entirely because Keldeo is voiced by Mic Mignogna, but in all honesty, there isn't really any that I don't like. My favourite however, would probably The Power of One, partly because it was my definite favourite back when I was younger, and I've grown quite fond of the plot, and partly because of BIIIIIIIIRRDS!

Back