• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

General Anime and Manga fan club

Years
It's PG-13 for violence and swearing and stuff...but Funimation already liscenced it...our Anime Club at my school used to show it but since Funimation liscenced it...well...

But since you got LastExile, I'm thinking about it... (Since I never actually finished it...)

Btw, my avatar is from the FMA manga and teh GIF image is from the FMA 3rd opening.

EDIT:

Fullmetal Alchemist has both Manga and Anime. Fortunately, FMA manga has not been liscenced yet.

Here's a brief summary: (taken from: fullmetal-alchemist.com)

Imagine a world in which Alchemy is not only possible, but used frequently. Alchemy, though, is a science, and with all sciences there are laws that must be followed. Welcome to the anime, Full Metal Alchemist. The story begins about two brothers, Alphonse (left) and Edward (right) Elric. Ever since they were young they had practiced the science of alchemy. You follow their journey of being alchemists and their quest to regain that which they have lost.

Their father was a well recognized alchemist, which is probably where their knack for it comes from. However, when they were young their father left, and they remained in the care of their mother. One day their mother died, and in their innocence and ignorance, they attempted what was forbidden, human alchemy.

What happened next, they were obviously not prepared for, and in the aftermath the brothers lost more than just their mother. In the freak accident Alphonse loses his body, and in a moment of panic Edward ties his brother's soul to a piece of armor. Edward himself loses an arm and a leg, a costly reminder of what has happend.

The story begins and details the brother's journey to find a alchemy amplifier so that they may return to their normal bodies.

Last edited:
Years
I'm good at writing fanfictions of the Pokemon Special manga... *points status of being fanfic mod...* ^_^ I'd be honored to share my work... (though...do you accept shipping fanfics?)

Rose Flame

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2004
Shipping fanfics are fine; I myself specialize in Rocketshipping fanfics. The only rule for that section (besides the rule that applies for all the fanfiction, which is no over pg13 violence or swearing) is no hentai. You can hint at a sexual situation, and even go into a little bit of detail, just, nothing too graphic.:)

Years
Nothing too graphic? Oh that's fine... the only fanfic that I went too far was "Roommates" ahemsecondbase XD

Do you accept manga fanfictions? The Pokemon manga--where the characters are Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Gold, etc etc...

Rose Flame

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2004
Sure

We'll accept anything under the PG13 rating, whether its based on anime or manga. Not sure what you're talking about with all those colors however... But if its pokemon, it should be fine.

The regular pokemon episodes are well under the PG13 rating...except for that one with James in the Bikini :D I think that I might get in big trouble if the principle walked into the room while James was, uh, messing with the size :embarrass I wish I knew what the rating was on Pokemon Housou. I'm working on finding episodes of that as well, and if I do, I'm definitely going to see if our webmaster has the skills needed to put up the full episodes on our site, that way members who can't make it to the school screenings and want to see them can just go to our website. Have to find them first though.

Years
Colors? oh you mean the heroes in the Pokemon manga! The link in my sig (Pokespecial.tk) might give you some answers to what I mean.

You're showing the housou episodes? That's cool. Though, my interest for the Pokemon Anime has long been outshined by the manga...but I'll contribute anyway. ^_^

Rose Flame

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2004
Help!

I think I found a possible source for the housou eps, but I'm having trouble downloading them. See my thread in #free_pokemon "Pokemon Housou episode request" for more info. (note; the sources are not #free_pokemon channels; they are websites.)
Oh, and thanks oni for agreeing to contribute!

falling up+
Years
hmm I could help with the photoshop stuff this fall since i just ordered the software, could also contribute fanfics and art...Anyways other animes/manga i would put would be "Here and There Then and Now," Blood the last vampire, Berserk (though i doubt your principle would like that), "Vampire Hunter D", and "Bloodlust," (only rated R for violence). The Slayers, slayers next and try too, one last one would be Initial D just an awesome anime (but the dub sucks big time) a good manga is Maison Ikkoku. Also that sucks it cant be "R" rated I mean you leave out Evangelion and Akira!

I have access to tons of anime and manga. I could post it on my site and you could dl it i suppose or i could just snail mail it to you ^^ (but youd have to return it lol) A great anime and manga resource site is www.anipike.com, its been up for quite a long time and has access to fansites official sites everything. Im sure you could find stuff there for the site. Sorry this is gettin real long lol. You could do a installment once a month too about voice actors (im a nut about em) interview different peeps from diff animes. Just a suggestion!

Finnally (i promise this is the last thing) ever consider having a webstation? I was thinking of buying some space off of Live365.com (i recently purchased pirate radio software for my schools band) but I could just as easily convert it too anime use. You could play anime music and even have radio interviews or live broadcasts! I think the price per month is about $25. Anyways just a suggestion! Ill post back here later...

Oni Flygon isnt Full Metal Alchemist a video game as well?

Last edited:
Years
003 said:
Oni Flygon isnt Full Metal Alchemist a video game as well?

Yes it is...originaly it was a manga then turned into an anime...however, I don't think the video game is as good as the anime/manga itself...they've took out the glory of the graphics of the anime and replaced with some cheesy graphics...

falling up+
Years
hmm yeah that sounds interesting...your gif looks kinda cool too ill have to go check it out! ^^ any suggestions or good sites or should i just start scouring the web for info?

Rose Flame

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2004
blue said:
So um..what do you have to do to join?

Instructions for joining are in that really long paragraph that opened the thread :)

Thanks for offering your services, 003! I could really use the help of someone as enthusiastic as you are in building a great website and magazine. As far the photoshop stuff goes, that might be a lot of work; we need a picture to divide each anime section, not to mention each genre. And the more anime people add, the more work that'll be added. But if you want to do it, I'd be very happy to let you. That was one of our biggest problems right there.

I'll look up some info on the anime you suggested and see if they're alright. I have seen Blood the Last Vampire, though, and as long as its not rated R, I think it'll be ok. See, my principle says that there is a strict rule that nothing R can be shown in school; but that doesn't mean we can't cover it in our website and magazine ^_^ (at least, I hope not).

And if any of you guys are interested in looking up info (like little known facts about anime, how to contact voice actors and directors, when new anime is coming out, stuff like that), the help would be greatly appreciated. The other officers are more concerned about taking their summer break than they are about getting this ready by the time school starts up again, so I'm really the only one doing much work on it right now. And, though I can't say for sure, I might be able to give you guys special positions, if you're willing to work ^_^. When everything's up and running, I'm expecting there to be a lot of fanworks submitted (though currently there are only a handful of authors and writers), and I might need help going through everything and editting it (not only am I the president of the club, I'm also the editor of the magazine and website). There's also a lot of material everyone wants covered that is hard for me to do by myself.

If anyone else is interested in helping out, these are the tasks I'm working on now;
Finding Pokemon Housou (Hoso?) episodes
Finding Japanese translators
Making the art for the website (I think 003 might have that covered)
Thinking of creative names for the awards for the fanworks (I.E best in horror section, Most Horror-able)
Thinking of fundraisers
Finding out how to put video downloads on the website
Contacting Voice actors for interviews (already contacted Eric Stuart, Crispin Freeman, Veronica Taylor; Only Eric Stuart has replied)
Contacting Directors of Anime (either dub directors or original directors, which might be hard)
Finding magazine paper for cheaper than retail (MUCH cheaper; the cheapest paper I've found was 20$ for 100 sheets)
Contacting people like 4kids and asking their permission to show their shows (so that we don't get sued)
Finding other hard-to-find Japanese media, like songs, radio dramas, japanese versions of anime that are dubbed.

There's probably more, but I can't think of them right now.

Oh, almost forgot. I'm not really sure what a webstation is,003. You'd probably have to ask the webmistress about that. I'll have to ask her if I can post her e-mail here, though if I can, I can't promise she'll respond. Like I said before, this isn't really her top priority right now.

Here's some websites I've found helpful;
www.Reacteur.com - French search engine. But you may have to know a little french to use it. Helpful though. I think they have more anime translated over there
www.search.com -searches through google, lycos, all the major search engines
www.pokebip.com - supposedly has some Housou downloads. I couldn't get to them. Kept encountering errors. Maybe you guys will have more luck. They should be under TELECHARGEMENT, which means downlaod(s) in French. (click on LISTE DE TELECHARGEMANT)
www.tvtome.com-has general info on just about any tv series you can think of. There's also a Movietome.com, I think.

And, oni, I talked to the other officers, and we agreed to add full metal alchemist to the list. Wow, this turned out a lot longer than I intended. Sorry about that, guys, hope I didn't bore you :)

falling up+
Years
a webstation is like a radio station on the web. People can tune in and listen just like a regular AM/FM radio station. You create your own playlists etc. either through third partys like live365.com or hosting it through your comp. You can also do live broadcasts. Its pretty cool my band and I were gonna buy some airspace but the rest of the guys are kinda cheap :P.

Rose Flame

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2004
Sonic X and michaelangelo are Anime? I've never watched or heard of them, so I'll either look them up or you can tell me about them. But I'm assuming that since they're dubbed, they are. That's cool that you know someone who works on dubbing. Maybe you could get us some inside info on what the process is, blue.

Back