• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Delete ONE Unova Pokemon from existence

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
ONLY DELETE ONE POKEMON, NOT TWO, NOT THREE, NOT FOUR. PLEASE GUYS. :(

Let's say GameFreak was going to opt for 155 Pokemon, to make the total amount Unova introduces to a nicer amount (or whatever reason you can think of!) This means one Pokemon has to be deleted from Unova's history - forever! You, as head of GF, get to make the decision (altho I'm sure that isn't what'd really happen, nevertheless...) Which Pokemon do you choose to remove from the UnovaDex? You must give reasoning, and it can't be just because you find it ugly, or something. Does it not fit in well? Does it appear too much? Was its design lacking in comparison? Was the idea behind it boring? etc.

Now make your decision :) Just don't answer the questions as a list!!

Last edited:

Squidchan

The Lady Cthulhu
Years
Hmm... a Unova pokemon...
Oh, yes! I would certainly delete at least three of them.
Like the Kami trio (landorus,thunderus,tornadus).
I mean, look at them!
They're like one retyped sprite!

I think they fixed that in B2W2 with their other forms, but I agree that they seemed really rushed. It's hard to pick just one Pokemon, because most of them are part of an evolution line, and to remove them would make those lines feel wrong, however I'd probably have to say Durant, mainly because I have never, ever even considered using it, and I would have to say that it's one of the most forgettable Pokemon in Unova.

Years
I would probably delete Heatmor cos it's easily forgettable and not to mention it looks weird. Also, it's pretty useless compared to other Fire-types due to being available so late in the game when I have a full team.

I never even considered using one my team cos they are just too forgettable. I only caught it for the Pokedex and left mine to rot in the PC.

Last edited:
Years
Emolga.

That thing is just terrible. No good stats, besides speed, and it is just so annoying. It's not even cute like the other rodent electric types. It's just...there.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I would delete one of these if not all. Durant, Heatmor, Audino, Maractus, or Alomomola. I Just don't like them very much not because of the looks or anything, but because they are really annoying. Mainly Alomomola and Audino. The other three I come to forget about.

Cinnabar

Fenniken is godly.
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
Trubbish and Garbodor... Why do they even exist?

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
Purrloin. Liepard is fine, I just hate Purrloin. It's just really plain to me, doesn't learn any good moves and is just pretty worthless.

Sirfetch’d

I would delete Druddigon. I hate to even look at that thing. It gives Dragons a bad name.

Years
Trubbish & Garbodor: I mean, they are just bunches of trash... what in this world?
Woobat & Swoobat: It's not that I have something against bats, but we already have Zubat (oh! it sounds almost like Swoobat ¬¬), Golbat, and Crobat, Gligar and Gliscor (bat-like because they are flying scorpions)... I mean, so many bats that I would need to call Ozzy Osbourne to get rid of them.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Guys I said delete "a" Unova Pokemon, not three, or four... so anyone with more than one Unova Pokemon has to choose just one & justify that. So say you remove just Garbodor at one post, or just Trubbish, why is that the one you choose? etc. Seriously, I said 155 for a reason in the first post. :(

For the record, I choose Basculin. It's the least exciting Pokemon to find in the water and I'd rather have a sea of Frillish and Alomomola than have Basculin running around creating no excitement whatsoever. That's why I made this thread even!

Years
To be honest, I'm going to have to go with Golurk. It's so slow, and always seems to die after one or two super effective hits, which every pokemon in Unova seems to have a super effective attack against it. Along with that, it comes too late in the game to be of any use, and it's head is way too small for it's body, so it's just a huge derp. Also, it can fly for no reason. So it makes me mad. Oh, and I'm stuck with it in my username due to me liking robots back when I joined.

So joking aside, in all actuality I'd have to say I'd want to get rid of Cobalion. I hate the musketeer trio, except for Keldeo, because they look like a human/animal creepy hybrid...thing. Plus, I'm not a fan of legends, and while their backstory is interesting, Cobalion is just the worst of them. It's typing isn't fun to use in game (for me at least) and it's a dissatisfying legend. So I'd choose to get rid of it (and either gamefreak can replace it or just have Keldeo be the other musketeer instead of Cobalion, I don't know, just get rid of it)

Last edited:

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
Escavalier. Its typing seems overused/boring, as well as its stats (very slow, bulky and strong). The design is fairly bad, and since it requires a certain trade to evolve many people don't even get to see/use it.

Last edited:

Mononoke Hime

viva emptiness
Years
I would get rid of durant because it's weak, odd and make it's appearence only in late game so that nobody needs it.
Also, gen V is the one with the most cool bug pokemons, and durant just is not. {imo}

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2013
Karrablast.
It looks... I dunno. Just.
no.
It could be just my opinion i guess.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I would get rid of durant/heatmor because they're weak, odd and make their appearence only in late game so that nobody needs them.

idk what Durant you're using, but mine was a beast.

Anyway, Zebstrika can go away...I wouldn't cry over it. I would not miss the "SQEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" sound it makes. I would not miss how disappointing it is. I would definitely not miss the Tumblr photos. We can keep Blitzle though. :)

Back