• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best Pokemon Version.

Clacla

karp karp karp
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
If you ask me, Yellow is the best Pokémon game out there. I played it back when I started watching the animé (all the way back in gen 1), so it was pretty cool to play through the game with Pikachu following me, and the ability to get each and every one of the Pokémon that Ash caught along his Journey. After Pokémon Yellow, most of the other games disappointed me, because Gamefreak dropped the Follow-Me feature until almost a decade later. I just love the feeling of nostalgia I get from playing it, lol.

Years
Emerald! I loved the plot, especially the thunderstorm/drought scene towards the end. This game ate up soooo much of my time. <3

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
Platinum.

I like how there was a twist in the story, with Giratina appearing seemingly out of nowhere, attacking you and opening a portal, which you follow to reach the Distortion World...god, that place was creepy. There was more to do too, including the Battle Frontier, which makes a return from Emerald.

Crystal's also up there for me, too, as it brought small changes like moving sprites, and Suicune and Eusine becoming a main part of the story.

Years
My answers are a bit biased as I haven't experienced much of 1st and 2nd gen, but if I were to pick from 3rd gen onwards I would say:

Black 2 / White 2.

Personally I find the slight changes in battle mechanics (moving sprites (as in constantly moving), more efficient in general) to be the most important difference between 5th gen and previous gens. I also enjoyed playing through Black 2 without having to use HMs (cause those are always a pain to get rid of, and I dislike the use of "HM slaves"), with the possible exception of Surf. I dunno, can't remember if I had to use that in the storyline. xD

Emerald is the runner-up, and HG/SS is a close 3rd. I liked Emerald's plot/story in general, and the starters were pretty decent still (Treecko ftw!). SS is 3rd because: 1) there was a 2nd set of gyms to go through after the initial 8 gyms (time-waster, essentially :P); and 2) transferring 1st/2nd/3rd gen starters from there to Black 2.

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
Years
FireRed, merely because it was the first Pokemon game I ever laid my hands on.

Jomu

center of the stage
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2013
Ruby was and still is my favorite Pokemon game. Not only was it full of beautiful scenes, but some of my favorite Pokemon such as Shiftry and Camerupt have been born. The caves and cities look beautiful and it makes me want to see more: unlike Black 2 where everything is too linear (IMO!) and makes me wonder where the end of this cave is, or how many more trainers I should battle. I wonder how Emerald looks like, as I have never played the sequel looks like yet.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2014
I love in the same way all the pokemon games and for each of them I have good memories, But, only because it was my first videogame I choose Sapphire. The 3rd gen games remake are in the air, two o three years and I can return in my original countr, Hoenn.

✯Shigeru✯

I Dropped The Lift Key...
Years
Silver was my favorite game until Soul Silver came out. Since SS has everything the original Silver had and more, I can definitely call it the best at least by my standards.

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
Crystal/Gen II!

There was just so much to do, and the moving sprites were so revolutionary to me, haha! and returning to Kanto and beating all the old gym leaders was one of my first hits of nostalgia fan service. And fighting Red.........YES!

H0tB3ans

What is Sylveon?~
Years
I say Soul Silver, because of the challenge of adventuring through Johto and Kanto and then having to beat Red, the ... kid. ^_^

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
I really like Platinum, I just like how the story's been changed a little bit (Looker, Giratina and Charon) but not enough to ruin it, Giratina's new form is freaking awesome, and the Battle Frontier returns!

Years
  • Seen May 27, 2014
Sapphire and Leaf Green. <3 Gee, third generation is so awesome. ;__; And these two are my first Pokemon games ever. Ah, my dear nostalgia. ^^
But all versions = pure awesomeness. :3

Years
Silver and Gold versions have such nostalgia but everything came full circle in SoulSilver and HeartGold.

This sums it up quite well for me. The first Pokémon game I owned was Yellow version, but not fully understanding things at the beginning shortly brought me to a halt (amongst other things). Soon though, a kid in my class loaned me Gold version, and somehow it was just easier from the start to get used to things. I immediately loved my Cyndaquil and just generally kicked-ass all over the place. It was my favourite generation of games until it was remade in Gen IV, which smoothed everything out; everything I loved from Gold was there, among various other features that I loved. I would still probably say that the original Gold was my favourite, but in terms of what I consider the BEST, that'd be HeartGold.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Black 2 and White 2 would be my favorites. The towns were all very unique and there were so many cool features, like the Pokémon World Tournament and Pokéstar Studios. I also liked the vast Unova Pokédex and the music was really good.

Creame

Dreams take you higher ♥
Years
I'd say SS, 2 regions and having a pokemon walking behind you, LOVE! But I do love the graphics in Black and White (2) .. And Pokémon X and Y will be great!

Years
I liked Emerald. It was just a huge jump from earlier Gens and the plot just sh*ts on every other Pokemon storyline. two rival environmentalist parties battling? yes please.

Back