• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Game Development Team Recruitment

Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2013
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon MMORPG

Game Summary
This will be a MMORPG base on the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon franchise. All artwork will be from the DS versions of the game. The game mechanics will work similarly to the original games; players will start with a personality quiz which will help decide which Pokemon they are. Once that has been settled each player will begin to form a team with other players online. These team will grow and change over time. Your team will work together to complete missions, find object, and help other groups. The world will be based on the different places presented in the original games, but will be constantly expanding.

Project Description
The game will be coded in Java. I picked Java because it is easy to learn, and works in web browsers, as well as on almost any computer. This will help future proof the game, and make it compatible with anyone's computer who wishes to play.

Project Lead
prnoct90 (Paul Newell)

About Me
I have been doing graphic design for almost 4 years, and have worked with Java a little. I plan to constantly study Java as the project progresses. I know very little about hacking games to get audio and graphics out. So we will need people fully experienced in this.

Team Members
None

Open Positions
3 Java Programmers - Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Java
3 Graphic Designers - Intermediate to Advanced work with graphics and/or sprites
2 Hackers - Extract audio and images (sprite/maps) from the DS games
1 Web Developer - Help with website development
3 Testers - Initial testers who can play with the stuff we make and find bugs

Development Progress
Initial Planning Stages

Contact
prnoct90 (at) gmail (dot) com

Currently Working On
Recruiting member, finalizing a name, creating a logo, and creating a website

delyemerald2

Crytalic Empoleon
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2022
Come on guys! This is a recruiment thread! RECRUITMENT!!! Help those who are seeking a team, already!

Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2013
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon MMORPG

Game Summary
This will be a MMORPG base on the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon franchise. All artwork will be from the DS versions of the game. The game mechanics will work similarly to the original games; players will start with a personality quiz which will help decide which Pokemon they are. Once that has been settled each player will begin to form a team with other players online. These team will grow and change over time. Your team will work together to complete missions, find object, and help other groups. The world will be based on the different places presented in the original games, but will be constantly expanding.

Project Description
The game will be coded in Java. I picked Java because it is easy to learn, and works in web browsers, as well as on almost any computer. This will help future proof the game, and make it compatible with anyone's computer who wishes to play.

Project Lead
prnoct90 (Paul Newell)

About Me
I have been doing graphic design for almost 4 years, and have worked with Java a little. I plan to constantly study Java as the project progresses. I know very little about hacking games to get audio and graphics out. So we will need people fully experienced in this.

Team Members
None

Open Positions
3 Java Programmers - Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Java
3 Graphic Designers - Intermediate to Advanced work with graphics and/or sprites
2 Hackers - Extract audio and images (sprite/maps) from the DS games
1 Web Developer - Help with website development
3 Testers - Initial testers who can play with the stuff we make and find bugs

Development Progress
Initial Planning Stages

Contact
prnoct90 (at) gmail (dot) com

Currently Working On
Recruiting member, finalizing a name, creating a logo, and creating a website

Is anyone interested in this project?

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
Years
  • Age 15
  • Seen Aug 6, 2010
Be patient. You're probably not going to find any Java programmers here.

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 7, 2022
Help Wanted

Team name:
Matrix Gaming

Team Leader:
Me

Current Members:
Me,Nightrider434343

Current Game title:
Pokemon Starfall Version

Current progress made:
Maps-%96
Story-%60
Graphics and special events-%50

Position(s) needed:
RPGXP Scripter(s) ranking from intermediet to advance(or able to change the battle layout and/or able to make a custom start menu and other things like that.

Timezone:
USA Central(CDT)

Preferred Method of contact:
*Via e-mail [EMAIL="[email protected]"][email protected]
[/EMAIL]
*Post a comment on the main Pokemon Starfall Thread:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=179494
*Personal Message to Me

Additional info:
Must be a user of RPGXP
You will be credited

Years
  • Seen Jul 4, 2009
Hey! I was browsing this forum and noticed there are some skilled pixelists that could most likely assist me with my game. It's a dragonball game, completely original, programming, art, even the idea's are unique and innovative.

This is an ad I posted on BYOND (a game developer site), quite outdated but it represents the game.

The game will have a massive Universe, filled with NPC civilizations that will have advanced AI, and serve many purposes in the game. Planetary leaders will be able to control their civilization, and the options will be near enough limitless, slavery, development of militia, mining camps to gain resources, or just the average civilization with a mix, the options will be as open to the person creativity. Other unique aspects such as planetary effects, for example- a freezing cold planet would give a boost to endurance gain but increase the risk of injuries (yes!) and KI drain. Not only will they affect training, planets will have a variety of minerals that can be used to build technology, each planet will have a different amount in each time, meaning they can trade with other planets or conquer them through the war system.

Bored of hitting the P-bag on Anime games? This game will have a very fun training system, missions will be encoroprated, you can do tasks for your civilization to gain an increase in experience which will be used on the skill-tree to unlock traits and customize new skills (these skills will have an enormous range of possibilities, so again, creativity is key). AFK training will not be possible, eliminating any possible abuse from players. A random mission would be something like a stay Saibamen killing off the slave workers down in the Saiyan mines, and it is your task to exterminate the threat. Once it is dead, the Saiyan would recieve a power bonus, experience bonus, and some money, the harder the task, the larger the bonuses. As for the combat system, it will have a lock-on feature and players will utilize various combo's to pull of their attacks, which will be very fun and invigorating, majority of KI attacks will be directed by the mouse for fluid motion.

This is only a small bit about the project, I am sure many other aspects will be just as interesting, which you can always ask me about if you join. As a member, you will be continously updated and considered a key part of our team, just like everyone else.

Now, to show you that progress is actually being made and this project isn't merely hype-

Some of the art
dbeart.png

dbeart2.png

The backround log-in screen
dbzunfinsushed3.png

Much more has been done then this, about 200 icons and a great deal of code, in merely two or so weeks.

What I need from you-
You will need to work at a moderate pace, actually get assigned work done in a realistic amount of time. I don't expect you to keep up with me, as one of the owners, I will be putting full effort into this. I do however want you to pride yourself in your work, and the game that you are helping create. You will need a decent amount of skill, we are not interested in training pixelists, we want someone that can provide good work for our high quality game.

What am I looking for-
I do not mind what type of pixelist you are, be it a turf artist, creating buildings, GFX, techniques, whatever, all I ask is that you are good at what you do. However, someone with a range of skills would be great.

What do you recieve-
I do not know what is better then helping to create a fresh game on BYOND, I see so many horrible rips that plague this section, you will help give the section a better name along with the other titles. And, of course, full credit for your work, you will become a long-term member, one of the founders of this game. Your art will be mixed with other high-quality work and beautiful gameplay, a pleasure to see. Finally, as one of the people that help bring the game to life, you will be given an administration role, I feel it is best that the creators of the game tend to all of it's matters. Although, pixelling is very different from being an admin, and if you abuse your power, it is only right that we remove you. I do believe anyone of a decent maturity (which we are looking for) should be able to handle an administration role with no trouble, but this is not always the case. Other future games that will not be anime based will be profitable, and believe me, a good profit, my friend made 9k out of his game and you will recieve a good share as part of our team, if you help us develop such a future game.

If you are interested, contact me at...

MSN- [email protected]
AIM- EternalETC

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
Years

Team name: Net Labs Inc. (Team Name changed from Forsaken Inc.)
Team Leader: Me

Current Members: Myself, Speedy G32, and Doctor Love
Games in Development: Pokemon Phantom Dusk Version

Games in the brainstorming process: NetMon (Not Pokemon related) (Will be an MMORPG if things work out)

===============================
Current progress made (Phantom Dusk):
===============================

Maps: 10%
Character Sprites:70%
Menu Graphics: 45%
Tilesets: Basic tiles 90% Custom Tiles 10%
Events:5%
Special Events: 0%
Gyms: 15% (Rough Estimate, theres only 8 and I have 1 plus an optional gym/dojo like in saffron city in Kanto version games)

=================
Current Positions:
=================

Spriter/Mapper:Me (Working at a slugs pace trying to give the project form)
Secondary Story Developer(s): BJfox
Spriter: Doctor Love
Mapper: Speedy G32
Scripter:

===================
Position(s) needed:
===================

Need: Back Sprite Spriters (Both Poke and Trainer), More Poke Spriters, More trainer Spriters, Coder, Another Mapper.

Total # of Positions needed:Approx 6-8

Timezone:Eastern Time (Us&Canada)

Preferred Method of contact: PM on pokecommunity forums, You may also use VM or Email (I think my email is visible to users)

Additional info:I am using RPG Maker XP w/ Pokemon Essentials and Various D/P tilesets. I am currently in the middle of adding D/P charsets and Trying to edit the windows so that my sprites wont look choppy. Im a n00b at scripting so scripters/coders I wont be able to offer to much help. However I am a fairly skilled sprite/pixel artist. I also am not willing to join another project as I want to do something of my own. If you are interested PM and I will PM you back. As well I will EDIT THIS POST to add new information such as updating team members and the approximate # of positions still needed.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 24, 2015
Team name: Pokemon Twilight Group
Team Leader: Heatransoul
Current Members: Heatransoul
Current Game title: Pokemon Twilight
Current progress made:
Sprites: 10%
Mapping: 0%
Scripting: 0%
Position(s) needed:
Spriters
Mappers
Scripters
Timezone: EST
Preferred Method of contact: Private Message
Additional info:
To all:
I will tell you what each area should look like/how the sprites should look/how the scripts should work. Thanks!
Also, you will get a NPC in the game!

Jmaster

The Golden Trainer
Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2009
Team name:
Team Data
Team Leader:
~Me~
Current Members:
~Me~
Current Game title:
Pokemon Purity
Current progress made:
Maps: [||||||||||]
Sounds: [??????????]
Pokemon Pics: [||||||||||]
Position(s) needed:
1. Spriter
2-3 Open
2. OverWorld Editor
1 Open
3. TileSet Artist
1 Open
4. Sound Person Thing
Any Amount
5. Scripter
Any Amount
Timezone:
Eastern
Preferred Method of contact:
Email at [email protected]
Additional info:
Made in Sphere

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 17, 2014
Team name: Victory Road Productions

Current Game title: Pokemon Spirit Chronicles

Current progress made: Quite a bit, but not where it really counts.

Position(s) needed: Programmers and spriters, mainly, but artists, composers, and writers are welcome too.

Timezone: Doesn't matter, our current staff is all over the world.

Additional info: Pokemon Spirit Chronicles is a Pokemon fangame that takes the world of Pokemon in a different direction. In the style of JRPG's like Final Fantasy or Breath of Fire, Pokemon Spirit Chronicles will feature a massive, character-driven storyline that spans the entire world. Your decisions will even shape the world in some ways.

PSC is set in a more medieval time period, where Pokemon still roam free, but the technology to capture them in the traditional way has yet to be invented. Instead, people can use mystical orbs to capture the spirit of a Pokemon. These spirits can be forged into weapons and armor for your party to use, allowing near limitless customization for your characters.

Preferred Method of contact: Check the forum link in my signature.
You can fill out a volunteer application form (in the Volunteer section) and we'll get back to you quickly.

If you have any questions, you can ask us on our forum or send me a PM.

muzzyguy

When disaster strikes!
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2014
Team name: Pokemon shadow dimension
Team Leader: Me (muzzyguy)

Current Members: muzzyguy (me)

Current Game title: Pokemon shadow dimensin

Current progress made: just need a scripted and a little bit more work and bet1 will be complete

Position(s) needed:Spriter (really need) scripter

Timezone: uk time

Reck

?????
Years
  • Age 28
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jul 22, 2016
483.png
280px-English_Pok%C3%A9mon_logo.svg.png
484.png

SPACETIME
EDITION

.::Team name::.
Reckless Ltd.

.::Team Leader::.
Lord of the Reck

.::Current Members::.
Lord of the Reck

.::Current Game title::.
As of now Pokemon Spacetime Edition

.::Current progress made::.
Story: 20%(50% in my head)
Mapping: 5%
Spriting: 1%
Eventing: 4%
Scripting: 50%
Graphic Design: 5%

Overall: 14.16%

.::Position(s) needed::.
Spriter(Charsets) - Open
Spriter(trainer Backs and fronts) - Open
Spriter(Tilesets) - Open
Graphic Designer - Open
RGSS Scripter - -Open

Others may pop-up eventually

.::Timezone::.
[SIZE=-1]GMT -4h during
Daylight Saving Time

[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]GMT - 5h during Standard Time[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE] .::Preferred Method of contact::.
Private Messaging

.::Additional info::.
The name of this game may change. Also this game is made in RMXP.

*note - the scripter will not do any major scripts. manly edits of the pokemon essentials.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2016
Hello!

I would like to form a team to make a game of Pokémon.

The game would have new pokemons, new design, among others ...

The available positions are:

- Writer: 0 / 2
Take care of the plot of the game.

- Pixel Artist: 0 / 2
Take care of the pixel design in the game.

- Designer: 0 / 2
Will take care of the graphic without being in Pixel. He will create the title, among others ...

- Script: 0 / 2
It will create / modify scripts for the game.

These are the places for the game.

I have not set the story for the game, so I need two people, who are the writer to discuss the story with me.

If we strive, we can create a great game for fans of pokemons.

I have a huge desire to create a game. Therefore, amount this team for me.

If you want to help me do the following:
Post here what you want in your team and address for MSN, so I can add it to my contact list.

Well .. I already have a title for the game: Pokémon - Dark Legend .

Thanks to everyone now!
Goodbye!

EDIT:
My MSN is: [email protected]

Last edited:

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
bluechromelogo.png
Team name:
Softwareclick Inc.
Team Leader:
Luka S.J.
Current Members:
  • Alexandre
  • Luka S.J.
  • Gitz
  • Diabolo
Current Game Title:
Pokemon Blue Chrome
Current Progress Made:

KANTO [|||REMAPPING|||] 80%
JOHTO [||||||||------------] 30%
HOENN [||||------------------] 22%
SINNOH [|--------------------] 2%
GAME SYSTEMS [||||||||||||||||||-] 95% (Revamping)
POKEMON GRAPHICS [|||||||||||||||] 100%
STORY LINE [||||||||||----------] 60%
TRAINER GRAPHICS [|||||||||||--------] 60%
TILESET GRAPHICS [|||||||||||||------] 80%
MUSIC FILES [||||||||||||||||||||] 100%

Positions Needed:
Spriter - This will specify on drawing the character sprites. The artist should to be able to draw trainer sprites in D/P format, and also the overworld sprite of the same character also in D/P style. The first task would be drawing a custom hero. The sprite can come from any base of any other sprite, while the overworlds should be strictly based on already existing Diamond and Pearl characters. We are really picky with recuitment and will only accept the person with the best sprite. The candidate for this position must present me with a sample of their work when trying to participate. This position is open for only one spriter so far, and we need dedicated Staff
Tileset Artist - This will specify on drawing the tile. The artist should to be able to draw tiles in the D/P color palette while they should look more like FR/LG ones. The first task would be drawing a Pokemon Lab. The tileset artist should be able to make scratch tiles and edit already existing FR/LG tiles into D/P color. The candidate for this position must present me with a sample of their work when trying to participate. This position is open for only one tileset artist so far, and we need dedicated Staff.
Video Maker - This will specify upon drawing pixelated and animated GIF images. Some first tasks would be creating a simple animated screen in an animated GIF image format. The candidate should be good at doing pixel overs and at drawing various pixelated images and doing multiple frames so they animate.
Scratch-Spriter - This will only focus on the person doing two frames that could be used for animation from scratch. These scratch sprites will only be of the legendary Pokemon so the candidate should be able to present me with some good scratch work.
Timezone:
KSA (Middle Eastern Time Zone)
Preffered Method of Contact:
Through Personal Messages
Additional Info:
The spriter selected will be allowed to make their own custom sprite and play a role in the game. They will also recieve a limited edition Pokemon Blue Chrome game (pre-release) that will have some tweaks according to their wants.
RULES
Spoiler:

Last edited:

KaoruMikami

Pokemon Rogue Developer
Years
Pokemon Rogue Edition

Pokemon-Rogue-Logo.png

Team Name:

Team Maverick

Team Leader:

KaoruMikami

Current Members:

N/A

Current Game:

Pokemon Rogue

Current Game Progress:

A simple thread in Developement for now.

Positions Needed:

• Scripter (RPGXP Of course)
  • Scratch Pokémon Spriter (Fakemon and D/P Pokémon) - front, back and menu icons
  • Overworld Spriter (using a custom style)
  • Trainer Spriter (scratch sprites only)
  • Musician/SFX (i.e. Pokémon cries)
  • Character designer

Timezone:

gmt -3 (Brazil), that one is pretty versatile since it's good for americans and also europeans.

Method of Contact:

- MSN, AIM or here on PC via vm/pm. If you want a job send me a pm or vm.

Additional Info:

I'm not picky, and all help is welcome but I will only take people who have proof of some kind of experience and can do good quality work (or are willing to improve over time). This game isn't something I'm keeping just to myself in the back of my closet. All team members will constantly be updated with the newest version of our work and can play it at free will, just so long as you get your part of the job done. >.>

Anyway we're more than a team, we're a family :) and I'm sure we'll have a lot of fun working on this.

Last edited:

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
I'm creating a Pokémon game, been workin on it a while now, well, when i have time to, between work etc.

Im a 1-man-army, there is only so much u can do by yourself and i would like to know if anyone has or can make, all Johto Maps, all Hoenn Maps and all Sinnoh Maps for RPG Maker XP, Ive Done Kanto and Orange Islands, the maps you create do not need any Events, i do them a specific way, but, any help will be credited and apprechiated, any other things you help with will be credited also, if enough people want to help and know about this game, i will post screenies of it and progress reports etc. until then, no point is there really?! (Which is why im keeping this simple.)

Any help is welcome!

Im trying to do every map from scratch, but im no spriter, i have no idea how to draw people, Pokémon, buildings or tilesets... I'm using, literally, what came with the starter kit and what was already on my pc (i started this project about a year ago, but dissowned it when i moved house, so tbh, i have no idea who i have to credit for anything i have so far, so sorry about that! but im sure you would recognise your work.)

For more information on what i want/need for this project, And, to help out, please PM me

To sum it up, i need:

MAPPERS
&
SPRITERS

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Team name

Team FirePlatinum

Programmed in C++
so that means i need unlimited programmers (need as much as possible but no n00bs. Plz none of those.)
i need scripters unlimited
i need people to rip the maps from roms to put in my game.
i need basicly everything and will have unlimited positions unless i say otherwise.

team

none

project lead

1ninjadude1701 (aka me)

about me

i'm a very creative person and want to make this special for others.

Contact

[email protected] or PM

Currently working on recruiting team members.

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
Pokemon Garnet

Team name: Pokemon Garnet
Team Leader: pokemongarnet
Current Members: None
Current Game title: Pokemon Garnet
Current progress made: A ton of concept sketches and plot and such stuff
Position(s) needed:
pokemon Spriter
OW spriter
Coder ( Must be farmiliar with game maker coding)
Trainer Sprites
Music and sound
Attack Sprites
Timezone:North Eastern
Preferred Method of contact: PM
Additional info: Made using Game Maker Believe it or not, and i will provide concept sprites.

Last edited:
Years
Spriter need a J-O-B

Free Agent looking for work
Area looking for work: Spriter, map spriter
Timezone: (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Preferred method of contact: Messenger MSN: [email protected]
Examples of work: I work with mainly character sprites or item sprites

Last edited:

Surf

Years
  • Age 29
  • Rust
  • Seen Jul 31, 2011
Area looking for work: Mapper
Timezone: ACET +10
Preferred method of contact: MSN: [email protected]
Examples of work:
GradiaTown.png

Additional Info: I can work with any types of tiles.

Back