• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New moves speculation!

Do you think this was a hint to a upcoming move in X & Y

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2013
I've had a few ideas for moves.

Evaporate = This move only effects water, grass, normal and flying types (creatures that in reality would have water in their body). The user creates an intense heat on the playing field that does 15 damage to the user but gets rid off and battlefield moves like Rain Dance and removes the opponents ability. It will do double the damage if sunny day is on the field. It isn't a majorly strong move but for weak Pokemon it gives them an advantage as Grass, Water, Normal and Flying are the most common types. I haven't decided if it is a water type move that can be used by fire types or a fire type move that can be used water types.

Frostbite - An ice type move that has 50% of either freezing the opponent or it does a leech seed effect where the opponent will be hurt each turn.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I've had a few ideas for moves.

Evaporate = This move only effects water, grass, normal and flying types (creatures that in reality would have water in their body). The user creates an intense heat on the playing field that does 15 damage to the user but gets rid off and battlefield moves like Rain Dance and removes the opponents ability. It will do double the damage if sunny day is on the field. It isn't a majorly strong move but for weak Pokemon it gives them an advantage as Grass, Water, Normal and Flying are the most common types. I haven't decided if it is a water type move that can be used by fire types or a fire type move that can be used water types.

Frostbite - An ice type move that has 50% of either freezing the opponent or it does a leech seed effect where the opponent will be hurt each turn.

Evaporate sounds kind of fun. Removing the opponent's ability might be going a little too far given that it's like two in one - just having the effect of removing Rain, etc, would definitely become useful when it comes down to competitive battling!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Evaporate sounds kind of fun. Removing the opponent's ability might be going a little too far given that it's like two in one - just having the effect of removing Rain, etc, would definitely become useful when it comes down to competitive battling!

If the ability were Damp, I can see it removing that...Maybe Hydration too since those are moisture based abilities.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
I've always wanted a fire type Heat Beam, where a thin beam of light burns through things.

It could be called 'Blaze Beam'.
A special type move that has a power of 140, and never misses (because it is a laser beam). This move will always burn the target (100% chance). However this move is way overpowered, so therefore the move will fail if the user has already used this move while in battle, but if it switches out then switches back in, it can use it again.
PP: 5/5

This move could also be used in the environment, by being able to slice holes through thick walls.
I hope you like my idea!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
If the ability were Damp, I can see it removing that...Maybe Hydration too since those are moisture based abilities.

Yeah maybe. But daym, that'd really kill off a lot at once, and I'm not sure if an ability needs that many effects lmao.

It could be called 'Blaze Beam'.
A special type move that has a power of 140, and never misses (because it is a laser beam). This move will always burn the target (100% chance). However this move is way overpowered, so therefore the move will fail if the user has already used this move while in battle, but if it switches out then switches back in, it can use it again.
PP: 5/5

This move could also be used in the environment, by being able to slice holes through thick walls.
I hope you like my idea!

Uhhh a little too strong. Maybe 150 and has a recharging turn, or a charging turn, and it'd be on par with Hyper Beam. :3

NeoSpeedFreak

A piece of meat
Years
I have a lot of ideas, here I have some:
Heal Breaker: Dark Type, Physical, 100 Power, 70 Accuracy, 5 PP and Priority 7 if the foe is going to heal, if not, -2.
Wild Wire: Electric Type, Physical, 100 Power, 100 Accuracy, 15 PP and Priority 0.
Rock Bullet: Rock Type, Physical, 40 Power, 100 Accuracy, 30 PP and Priority 1.
Rocket Rush: Fire Type, Physical, 40 Power, 100 Accuracy, 30 PP and Priority 1.
Phantom Power: Ghost type, Physical, 100 Power, 100 Accuracy, 15 PP and Priority 0.
??? Dance: ??? Type, Stat-Boosting, raises Attack, Defense, and Speed by one stage, 20 PP and Priority 0.
Thunderstorm: Electric type, Weather, starts a thunderstorm that lasts 5 turns that removes a Ground Type's inmunity to Electric type attacks and boost the electric type attacks, - Accuracy, 5 PP and priority 0.
Shadow Rush: Ghost Type, Special, 100 Power, 100 Accuracy, 15 PP and Priority 0.
Iron Blast: Steel Type, Special, 70 Power, 100 Accuracy, 20 PP and Priority 0.
Gem Laser: Rock Type, Special, 100 Power, 100 Accuracy, 10 PP and Priority 0.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
Uhhh a little too strong. Maybe 150 and has a recharging turn, or a charging turn, and it'd be on par with Hyper Beam. :3

I was trying to come up with a cool and new unique move (not some hyperbeam ripoff! Even then, who actually likes those stupid recharging moves? DEFINITELY not me). :tired:
Besides, I balanced out it's crazy power by making it so it can only be used once in battle.

Speaking of moves, has no one seen my other list of moves I previously wrote on this very page. Because personally I thought they were pretty cool, I even wrote (somewhat) detailed descriptions of them, and no one seems to have replied to it or cared about it.

Last edited:
Years
I'd like to see an electric typed Headbutt sort of move, like Lightning Stamp or something (I'm no good with names ;_; ). But electric needs more physical moves for things like Zebstrika who have a higher physical attack stat.

Also, some more standard Special grass moves would be good, as giga drain is the most reliable right now imo. Something like Nature Wind or something stop judging me D;

And I would absolutely love better Dark-typed moves, as it is my favorite type. Something powerful like Pitch Black or Night Crawl would be good moves. The former would be a really powerful special move with the chance of confusion, and the second one is a powerful physical attack that may paralyze or something of the sort.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I was trying to come up with a cool and new unique move (not some hyperbeam ripoff! Even then, who actually likes those stupid recharging moves? DEFINITELY not me). :tired:
Besides, I balanced out it's crazy power by making it so it can only be used once in battle.

Speaking of moves, has no one seen my other list of moves I previously wrote on this very page. Because personally I thought they were pretty cool, I even wrote (somewhat) detailed descriptions of them, and no one seems to have replied to it or cared about it.

We care! It's just that not everyone replies to everyone else's post and it's best not to take it too much to heart, okay? :) For what it's worth they were good ideas though.

I have a lot of ideas, here I have some:
Heal Breaker: Dark Type, Physical, 100 Power, 70 Accuracy, 5 PP and Priority 7 if the foe is going to heal, if not, -2.
Wild Wire: Electric Type, Physical, 100 Power, 100 Accuracy, 15 PP and Priority 0.
Rock Bullet: Rock Type, Physical, 40 Power, 100 Accuracy, 30 PP and Priority 1.
Rocket Rush: Fire Type, Physical, 40 Power, 100 Accuracy, 30 PP and Priority 1.
Phantom Power: Ghost type, Physical, 100 Power, 100 Accuracy, 15 PP and Priority 0.
??? Dance: ??? Type, Stat-Boosting, raises Attack, Defense, and Speed by one stage, 20 PP and Priority 0.
Thunderstorm: Electric type, Weather, starts a thunderstorm that lasts 5 turns that removes a Ground Type's inmunity to Electric type attacks and boost the electric type attacks, - Accuracy, 5 PP and priority 0.
Shadow Rush: Ghost Type, Special, 100 Power, 100 Accuracy, 15 PP and Priority 0.
Iron Blast: Steel Type, Special, 70 Power, 100 Accuracy, 20 PP and Priority 0.
Gem Laser: Rock Type, Special, 100 Power, 100 Accuracy, 10 PP and Priority 0.

Iron Blast sounds an awful lot like Flash Cannon :x

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
I'd like to see an electric typed Headbutt sort of move, like Lightning Stamp or something (I'm no good with names ;_; ). But electric needs more physical moves for things like Zebstrika who have a higher physical attack stat.

Also, some more standard Special grass moves would be good, as giga drain is the most reliable right now imo. Something like Nature Wind or something stop judging me D;

And I would absolutely love better Dark-typed moves, as it is my favorite type. Something powerful like Pitch Black or Night Crawl would be good moves. The former would be a really powerful special move with the chance of confusion, and the second one is a powerful physical attack that may paralyze or something of the sort.

For the electric move, how about 'Bolt Charge'. 120 base power, 85 accuracy, electric version of megahorn and power whip. This move would be perfect for zebstrika and electivire. "The user charges toward the target at the speed of lightning, dealing high damage."

I want a grass type with the ability drought, so it can come into the fight, attacking with STAB solarbeams (at least for five turns :3). With high speed and special attack, we could finally have a grass sweeper!

I don't need to write down ideas for powerful dark type moves because I already have!

I would love a move called Radiation/Nuclear Explosion that is electric/fire, but with have a poison effect. There should be a Pokemon that is specifically a radioactive Pokemon. I think a Weezing evolution would be perfect. Hakking... Electric/Poison with a radioactive symbol instead of the skull and bones?

This would be an AWESOME evolution to weezing! One problem though, 4x weakness to ground!!!! (oops, I forgot it had levitate :embarrass)
With levitate, this typing would have 1 immunity (ground), 7 resistances (electric, grass, fighting, poison, flying, bug, steel), and 1 weakness (psychic)!
It's signature move could be 'Fallout', this move badly poisons the foes team, and when they switch to a different poke, they get poisoned too! Even steel types! The downside? Only lasts for five turns.
Stats for Hakking:

Hp: 100
Atk: 80
Def: 115
SpAtk: 80
SpDef: 100
Spd: 65

Base stat total: 540

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Bolt Charge sounds okay but I think I'd call it something else along those lines like uhhh... Bolt Rampage since it sounds more badass than just charging. I mean I know it has two meanings but rampage just sounds scarier. :x

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
Bolt Charge sounds okay but I think I'd call it something else along those lines like uhhh... Bolt Rampage since it sounds more badass than just charging. I mean I know it has two meanings but rampage just sounds scarier. :x

I think bolt charge would suit this move better.

If you want a move called 'Bolt Rampage', make it an electric type version of outrage and thrash, since the name would suit this move better. Think about it, a pokemon rampaging about and destroying everything, sounds like a 2-3 turn confusing move like thrash and outrage. Whereas bolt charge sounds more simple, more like simply charging at the enemy, like megahorn simply charges at the target with a big and sharp horn.

You get me?

btw I recently changed my signature, whadda ya think?

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Oh yeah, that totally works too! I don't think it'd be as powerful as outrage, but more like Thrash (wait are they the same BP??), nevertheless that relates better, yeah. With a side effect of paralysis too. :)

And it looks nice!

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
Oh yeah, that totally works too! I don't think it'd be as powerful as outrage, but more like Thrash (wait are they the same BP??), nevertheless that relates better, yeah. With a side effect of paralysis too. :)

And it looks nice!

FYI, thrash has the EXACT same power as outrage. But I get what you mean :), outrage sounds AND looks better than thrash, plus outrage has less resistances than thrash.

I think that the power of bolt rampage would be lowered down to 110 as oppose to 120 for a number of reasons:
1. It can cause a status ailment (paralysis), unlike thrash and outrage
2. It is super-effective against water and flying types
3. It isn't resisted by steel types like thrash and outrage is

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Oh riiiiight.

But yeah 110 seems fair because of the side effect, and even still it's better than Wild Charge - maybe they might raise that up a bit if this move were to exist?

NeoSpeedFreak

A piece of meat
Years
I forgot to say that Iron Blast makes you switch and here I have another ideas that I forgot to say:
Overload: Electric Type, Physical, reduce the user's Def, SpD and Spe by 1 stage, 175 Power, 100 Accuracy, 5 PP and Priority 0.
Triple Edge: Normal Type, Physical, damages both user and foe, 190 Power, 100 Accuracy, 5 PP and Priority 0.
Rainbow/Evolutive Strike: Signature move for all the Eeveelutions: Changes Type to always get STAB, changes between Special and Physical depending of the stats, 100 Power, 100 Accuracy, 10 PP and Priority 0.
Aim: Steel or Electric Type, Stat-Boosting, raises Special Attack and Accuracy by 1 stage, - Accuracy, 10 PP and priority 0.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
How about a move like Roar of Time only it's electric type and learned at a very high level by certain electric pokemon such as Manetic (or it's evolution if it get's one), and Raikou.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I forgot to say that Iron Blast makes you switch and here I have another ideas that I forgot to say:
Overload: Electric Type, Physical, reduce the user's Def, SpD and Spe by 1 stage, 175 Power, 100 Accuracy, 5 PP and Priority 0.
Triple Edge: Normal Type, Physical, damages both user and foe, 190 Power, 100 Accuracy, 5 PP and Priority 0.
Rainbow/Evolutive Strike: Signature move for all the Eeveelutions: Changes Type to always get STAB, changes between Special and Physical depending of the stats, 100 Power, 100 Accuracy, 10 PP and Priority 0.
Aim: Steel or Electric Type, Stat-Boosting, raises Special Attack and Accuracy by 1 stage, - Accuracy, 10 PP and priority 0.

Triple edge sounds maybe a little too strong, actually...

I mean it sounds more powerful than Hyper Beam and you're only damaged and don't even get a recharge turn :(

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
Triple edge sounds maybe a little too strong, actually...

I mean it sounds more powerful than Hyper Beam and you're only damaged and don't even get a recharge turn :(

This move does the same damage to yourself as it does to the user, so basically you're attacking yourself with this powerful move, as well as the foe. So this is a last-resort move. See? Nothing is overpowered if you have the correct side-effects.
Personally, I think Earthquake is overpowered. It does 100 damage, 100% accuracy, hits everyone on the opposing team, and is super-effective against 5 different types. The best thing about this move is that it has no side-effects, good or bad. That is why Earthquake is considered the best move ever - because it is powerful, reliable, and has no side-effects.
Hyperbeam and explosion seem really powerful at first glance, but their side-effects are just horrible, making them bad moves despite their overwhelming power.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Explosion can be really good for SR leads, though.

Actually, what if there was a move like Explosion BUT with priority? It'd be daym strong.

Back