• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Create a Pokemon (Reborn)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aénex

Made some sort of body for it. I was thinking multiple headed gooey thing. What have I done? D8

北海道

Years
  • Seen Apr 28, 2012
Changed eye color to red, and gave it a basic purple coloring (wish I could have made extra heads though)

Years
Basic requirements or 'goals' we should have for each sprite is:
- A good pose (much like official sprites) where the sprite does not face the wrong way
- Decent shading
- Colours and a good colour scheme (no blinding yellow, MS paint colours..)
- Selective-outlining (colouring the outline)
- Anti-aliasing (optional but recommended)

Some sprites like
attachment.php

had a lot of black outline and I don't consider it really finished. Don't forget that you're creating Pokemon or Fakemon.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
tJpVl.png

I hope I didn't edit it too much. Changed some of the blob to hair and edited the outline a bit, added a colour.

Years
  • Seen today
N00bie here, liked the concept behind this game & thought I'd give it a try :P

PS: added some shading, replaced the ponytail with a hand, edited the facial features. Hope you'll excuse my amateurish skills.

Aénex

Fixed a tiny little thing on the shell outline and added some sucky shading to it. Put in a pallete.

Illuminaughty

The Graceful Idiot
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
62881754.png

The red was too high in contrast, also I slightly changed the hue. Fixed the harsh shading on the pearl, and got rid of some of the anti-alias shading. Also moved the hand down and pasted another hand, horizontally flipped it, and shaded it. The arm on the right probably needs to angle to the hand differently still.

57946195.png

This had WAY too much anti-aliasing! I reduced that, and I also got rid of the pink arm that was sloppily and disjointedly sprited. I also made some sense of the crescent-shaped cloth, and made it into an arm sling. Then got rid of the disjointed bottom part; the guts were oozing out of the groin region, which was not becoming! lmao

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 19, 2014
I did not want this thread to become a month old so here:
62881754.png

I'm an amateur, hope you don't mind. Put some gem type thing on the head and added a new set of colours for the interior of the shell. Feel free to change anything.

Drimza

Open up your senses.
Years
Hey, I'm back. I'm sorry to everyone for being gone so long, but I lost interest in spriting awhile back. But now I'm back and hoping to improve mine and everybody's skills. I've updated the main post with the finished sprites and here is a new image for you guys to work with.

NewProject.png

Let's keep this up and running!

Drimza

Open up your senses.
Years
Well, now it's a arm!

Untitled-2.png

I edited the line art to make it look smoother, and I added a body.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 19, 2014
A horribly made edit. But I think I'm improving... xDDDD.

th_oXdG3.png

Added a horn and two "antennas". Also made that tail a bit bushy at the end... I think we can start making special features now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back