• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Whitefog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryousha

Waiting for Gen 4 Remakes
Years
Gah, change the POkecenter colors! D:

Nice Bridge! -rips j/k-

Very indeed nice hack.

myfavouriteax

Pop Bop's Boppin' Beats
Years
This looks like a great hack, I like the custom tiles. Is it possible if I could beta test Pokemon Whitefog?

Possibly. Right now we just need to get some scripts in, clean up some maps, and we'll release Alpha. I'm going to make an announcement when it's released, and the first ten or so people who ask past then will get the 'job', if you'd call it a job..

Gah, change the POkecenter colors! D:

Nice Bridge! -rips j/k-

Very indeed nice hack.

Why thank you! haha, I'm aware the Pokemon Center's colours suck horribly right now, but I intend to change them. Possibly even the whole design.

HopeHavoc

THE INFRACTION WH0RE
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 22, 2009
TWO WORDS. WE. RULE.

And we can brag about the hack ALL WE WANT because IT IS AMAZING. Therefore, we have bragging rights.

Ktttthhaaannnxxxxx.

Likewise

Bye.
Years
Um...no you don't especially since the hack ain't that great.

For one the palettes for the gengar in the title screen hurts my eyes.
The mapping is terrible, its empty and plain, in all the ,a[s are very boring and I see a lot of tile errors in them. Except for the route with a lot of grass, it looks nice and natural.
The palettes are pretty bad, especially the grass, it's way to green, and as someone said the pokecenter looks terrible.

The cliff bridge map is REALLY bugging me. The bridge is just plain and there is empty space on the cliffs mainly because, like most aspects of this hack, are bad because of laziness and it also looks pretty weird.

The hero overworld rubs me the wrong way, the hair is weird but the clothes are pretty good! But again could have been worked on more, again laziness.

The base on the intro does not fit well with the background, maybe use an orange or maybe...........black?

It seems that you haven't put to much effort into this, and you still think it's great so you brag about it.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
This game looks quite promising. Despite the few oddities, being the tropical tree, which looks awkward because of its palette, same with the other red tree, the oddly shaped building in the fourth screenshot, the odd colors of Gastly, the weird colors of the Pokémon Center (I'm not sure why you would do this), and the wooden bridge, this game looks built quite solidly.

Hopefully you can fix these oddities to make this hack better. Good luck.

myfavouriteax

Pop Bop's Boppin' Beats
Years
This game looks quite promising. Despite the few oddities, being the tropical tree, which looks awkward because of its palette, same with the other red tree, the oddly shaped building in the fourth screenshot, the odd colors of Gastly, the weird colors of the Pokémon Center (I'm not sure why you would do this), and the wooden bridge, this game looks built quite solidly.

Hopefully you can fix these oddities to make this hack better. Good luck.

Well thank you for the constructive criticism.
haha, yeah. The Pokecenter. This is completely temporary. I had to change palette two to get the grass colour into it to make the autumn tree tiles, so I was forced to use the darker colour on the roof. I intend to completely change how the pokecenter looks. (Honestly, I don't even know why I included that screenshot) Also, the building in the fourth screenshot is supposed to be the base of a large lighthouse. I have a much better tile maker now, so that should be fixed soon as well.
But anyway. Help me out. What do you think needs to be changed about the palettes? Does the palm tree look awkward because of the leaves or the trunk, and what else would you change?

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
Maybe you should use the lighthouse made by Fangking Omega? If you need it, just tell me.

As for the trees, I think you should just use the palette that comes with that specific tree tile. The wood's palette and the leaves.
Also, you should be crediting Ozumas, not O2umas. xD

myfavouriteax

Pop Bop's Boppin' Beats
Years
Maybe you should use the lighthouse made by Fangking Omega? If you need it, just tell me.

As for the trees, I think you should just use the palette that comes with that specific tree tile. The wood's palette and the leaves.
Also, you should be crediting Ozumas, not O2umas. xD

hahahaha, thanks a lot man. I couldn't read the name for the tiles, and it looked like O2umas. I was hoping someone would correct me.
Also, I PERSONALLY don't think the palm trees look too bad. I did try to palette edit them, but it messed up some other tiles, so I just found a happy medium.
And I was thinking about borrowing some lighthouse tiles, but I'd like this to be entirely a team effort. (I'm aware I borrowed the tree tiles, but I'd like to change that as well)

Thank you for your suggestions. I'll try to have updated screenshots up before 2009.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
The trees, yes, they don't look so bad, but they look quite a bit odd. Maybe if you were to add the third darkest palette (the one before the darkest palette :P) on the edges of the circular shading below the tree, it would look a lot better, and it would maybe regulate the colors a bit.

Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2009
Here's some of the tiles I made so far, don't want to give too much away so I'll just post a few and leave you hungry for more ;)

60663_tree.png

(One of the many different trees.)
60695_bridge.png

(Original Bridge, without palette edit, if you look in the 9th screenshot you may see the updated palette edited one!)
60758_GymLead1.png

(Might be a normal gym leader, but still needs some fixin')
60799_HaunterRe.png

(What's this?Oh wait it looks slightly familiar...I'll let you figure it out :D )

There's plenty more where that came from. Soon I will post more as we get closer to releasing the alpha!

Also, you may not use my sprites without permission, so if you want to take your chances, go ahead and ask me, and I might even say yes. :)

HopeHavoc

THE INFRACTION WH0RE
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 22, 2009
Hm, not trying to sound rude, but I'd appreciate it if you'd leave designing ALL pokemon to me, and then just sprite what I come up with. Considering it is MY job.

Also, I'm curious what 'fixin' you're going to do to the gym leader? She looks a bit plain to me.

But good job none the less, and thanks for helping out the team. :]

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
Like the autumn trees, the palm trees, or both?
I would say both. The autumn trees have a gray shading, which looks weird when it is right on grass.

Here's some of the tiles I made so far, don't want to give too much away so I'll just post a few and leave you hungry for more ;)

60663_tree.png

(One of the many different trees.)
60695_bridge.png

(Original Bridge, without palette edit, if you look in the 9th screenshot you may see the updated palette edited one!)
60758_GymLead1.png

(Might be a normal gym leader, but still needs some fixin')
60799_HaunterRe.png

(What's this?Oh wait it looks slightly familiar...I'll let you figure it out :D )

There's plenty more where that came from. Soon I will post more as we get closer to releasing the alpha!

Also, you may not use my sprites without permission, so if you want to take your chances, go ahead and ask me, and I might even say yes. :)
I'm not sure if these are fit to be in any hack, Shaded. The current tree certainly looks much better than that one, and you need to work on the shading of the bridge A LOT. The trainer also had bad shading, bad outlining, and badly chosen palettes. It also looks like another sprite. Lastly, the "Spectar" looks the best out of all them, although it still needs a bit of work.

myfavouriteax

Pop Bop's Boppin' Beats
Years
Just a quick poll. What type should I make the first gym?

Also, another poll (that's not actually up), should I post a map with all the town/route/cave names?

I just added a Progress Section to the page. Have fun!

Last edited by a moderator:

myfavouriteax

Pop Bop's Boppin' Beats
Years
I really don't mind if people ask for release dates. You'll probably get an "I don't know", however. I wanted to release this on Christmas/today, but the rom blew up when I tried to level script again, and my last backup was before I even inserted the updated bridge tiles. Right now, I'm doing that, and I still have a lot to do after that.
I can say you can expect to see the Alpha One release late January/early February. Just don't crucify me if it takes longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back