• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: EVAN PETERS HAVE MY BABIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
So I started feeling left out not watching airing stuff so I've decided to follow episodic stuff. JC Staff have put out another ending song of the season it seems, I probably like this more than KmB.

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
I saw the trailer for Great Gatsby and actually thought Toby was a good cast actually. Thats pretty much how I imagined him when I read it.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Yeah I saw the trailer for The Great Gatsby as well and I thought it looked great. Tobey seemed fine in it to me, maybe he was just terrible at Spider Man lol - I haven't actually seen him in anything else other than that so maybe he isn't a terrible actor in general, maybe he just wasn't meant to be Spider Man lol

I've also been to see Snow White and the Huntsman and Ted in the last week or so - I've been meaning to talk about them but I keep forgetting!

Ted was really funny; if you like Family Guy (and I do) then you'll definitely like it.

Snow White and the Huntsman was really good too. The twist on the story was really good and surpassed the original fairytale because it gave Snow White a pair of balls. Kristen Stewart did really well (proving that she's not a bad actress, Twilight just makes everybody terrible) and Charlize Theron was beyond phenomenal as the bat**** insane Queen. My only criticisms were that it still had an ever so slight hint of a campy tone in order to maintain the fairytale feel and make it acceptable for children to watch, and I would have liked to see them strip that away totally and go even darker and more real than they already did; and also since it was called Snow White and the Huntsman, I was really really REALLY hoping that this would be the one adaptation where they didn't feel the need to put in the annoying-as-hell dwarves... but they did. They even added an extra.

Other than that though, great movie.

Last edited:
Years
I heard SWATH (oooh, that's a good acronym) wasn't very good - I mean, like, really bad - so I skipped seeing it. I didn't want to be more disappointed in the possibility of good fairy tale movies after Mirror Mirror turned out to be kinda nothing special, albeit pretty.

At least I have a Once Upon A Time marathon to look forward to. Heard it was very good and I'm excited.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 18, 2014
Well, Zetman was as disappointing as it gets. I expected a rushed, manga plot-derailed show, but the ending was just horrible. I wanted to drop the show during the first couple of episodes; I couldn't sit through an episode without pausing and doing something different, but I swallowed my judgement and finished a rather weak anime.

Hyouka is getting on my good side after a slow, eye-twitching start.

As for this Summer's shows, I watched a few of the generics but wasn't really impressed. I might perpetuate them for the sake of not having anything to submerge in. Sword Art Online was interesting, it came as a surprise honestly; I didn't level good expectations. Probably the most interesting out of this season's mediocrity. I might be wrong. Please, someone tell me if there is anything worth exploiting my bandwidth on.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 18, 2014
Opinions on Ted, please. I hesitated to watch it the other days and opted for The Amazing SpiderMan. Was Mark Wahlberg a good lead role?

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
I wanted to see SWATH, as Scarf so eloquently put it, but I just didn't find the time to do so when I really wanted to and now I haven't got much desire to see the movie. I want to see it so i can decide of Kristen Stewart is a bad actress or if it's just twilight that sucked out her soul, but I think i'll just wait a couple of months for a DVD version to come out or something. Not that I'd actually buy it or rent it, god no, downloading all the way.

Shining Raichu

Years
Alright so I saw Spider Man last night and I loved it. Emma Stone was beautiful and flawless as usual, and I think I've gone from "I respect Andrew Garfield as an actor" to "OMG ANDREW GARFIELD HE'S ON THE SCREEN HE'S SO GEEKY AND ADORABLE I WANT HIM TO BE MINE!" So there's that.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Am I the only person who actually like the trilogy....?m
If you're including the third one in there, then... yes. Probably. On the entire planet.

I like the first two though.

Alright so I saw Spider Man last night and I loved it. Emma Stone was beautiful and flawless as usual, and I think I've gone from "I respect Andrew Garfield as an actor" to "OMG ANDREW GARFIELD HE'S ON THE SCREEN HE'S SO GEEKY AND ADORABLE I WANT HIM TO BE MINE!" So there's that.
Yup, she was good.

Years
On a different note, I watched Midnight In Paris last night. It would have been a good movie if all the Woody Allen bits were taken out. I can't stand that rambling, directionless dialogue. Nice concept, interesting characters, looked pretty, soundtrack could have used a little more variety, but wasn't bad either. I want to like it, but I just can't make myself.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
I wanted to see Midnight in Paris. Didn't get around to it though. I like Allen's writing. Wanted to see his new Rome flick too, but apparently it is a dud

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
Well, I really only like the first one, its more comic booky. The other two are alright. The only thing I didnt like was Toby being a derp. And emo in the third one. That was dumb.

But I have to admit the new one is the best. Garfield is great as Peter Parker...Maguire wasn't. I didn't like the Lizard as the bag guy, I wanted Mysterio or Thousand...thousand would have been cool, but he eats people and wears their skin, which would have been too gross I guess. And of course, scorpion would be awesome too, and even kraven, swarm, chameleon, morbius, and electro would be cool. But the lizard was okay, I guess. I wish the "army" he built up did more stuff.

Shining Raichu

Years
Well the lizard is done now so they can move onto other villains for the next one! And judging by that scene in the middle of the credits, there will be a sequel.

As for Midnight in Paris, I would have seen it except I can't handle Owen Wilson.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
No one can truly handle Owen Wilson, Andy.

I thought I would hate the movie because, well, it has Owen Wilson in a starring role, but surprisingly I liked it. He's little more than a Woody Allen surrogate, but nevertheless, I thought he did well. He brings his typical Wilson-ness to the role, but he tones it down a bit, which I liked. The main problem I have with the film is that none of the other characters really stood out to me. You have Kathy Bates as Gertrude Stein and well, she's just... average. Like, her role was never very expansive in the first place but... her typical finesse just wasn't there.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
OK, so I really didn't like Midnight in Paris. Like, at all. And I'm a fan of Woody Allen in general. (Most modern stuff, not so much, but his earlier films are often really, really good.) To me, all of the stuff in Midnightland - or whatever you want to call it - was well acted and cast but had no element of drama to it. Simply pointing at a famous person and going "Wow, you're F Scott Fitzgerald" =/= good plotting. It's just wish-fulfilment dragged out in service of a non-existent story. Having said that there was at least good acting in that part (especially from Alison Pill and Corey Stoll as Zelda Fitzgerald and Ernest Hemingway respectively). In the present day, I just wanted to kill everyone on screen with a baseball bat. Owen Wilson was fine, I guess, but Michael Sheen and Rachel McAdams were just horrible - in both characterization and acting. And the worse thing there was that there was actually a plot! As putrid and contrived as it was, there was actually some semblance of narrative thrust... but in pursuit of a horrible endeavour that left a really bad taste in my mouth. So, yeah. I didn't like Midnight in Paris. Not one bit.

What I did like was Magic Mike (aka Channing Tatum's stripper movie), which I saw yesterday! The atmosphere was weird though. In the cinema, it was made up of 90% 40-year-old women, 9% 20-year-old gay men and 1% me. It was certainly a new atmosphere for the cinema, at least for me.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
I've heard so much about that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Like, within the past week or so, people I know have been talking nonstop about, to use the tone a couple of girls used, Chaaaaaaaaning Taaaaaaatum and Maaaaaaaaaagic Mike. I suppose they were still starstruck by Taaaaaaaatum when I talked to them.

Years
90% 40-year-old women, 9% 20-year-old gay men and 1% me.
Cat Dog, you one-percenter, you. I might see Magic Mike when it's available on video/streaming. You know, just 'cause. It doesn't sound like the kind of atmosphere I want to be in though. I imagine it'd be like watching Twilight in a theatre that's 90% 14-year old girls, 9% college students, and 1% me.

Also, side note. Channing Tatum makes mind go right to Stockard Channing whose name I always thought was "Stalker."

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
Man, nobody cares about Matt Bomer in Magic Mike!

I mean, I know its! Chaaaaaning Taaaaatummmm but still...bomer boner....

?...did I really just make that joke?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back