• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Which starter did you pick?

Which did you pick?

• Total voters

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Even though I've already played through White with Oshawott, I'll still be picking him in my English version, just because I still favor him and his evolutions over the others, with Snivy in second place.

MarioManH

top kek
Years
Ima do the Trading scam, copy Ash's team off of the Anime(Discluding Pikachu). Also, I hat ethe final form of Snivy, looks retarted.

Years
Probably Tepig and for these reasons.
1.I have a tradition of choosing the Fire Pokemon my first time through
2.Oshawott looks stupid(to me, no offence to people who like it)
3.I'd pick Snivy, but his evolutions turn me off.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Pretty easy choice for me, I'm picking Oshawott. The best of the three starters.

I like Serperior much more than I like Snivy, so I'll probably pick Snivy in the third version.

Tepig doesn't really interest me. (Blaziken forever!)

Kamitsure-chan

Massive Cynthia fangirl. :3
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 15, 2011
Oshawott. Its overall evolution design is my favorite of the three, and it was the only starter that struck me as OMG MUST HAVE.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I've planned to choose Oshawott for the longest while now and will probably get the other two starters from a trade for when I want to complete my PokéDex.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Either Oshawatt or Tepig; Oshawatt, cause well, he's pretty cool for a water type, and Tepig has its cool Nitro Charge! ...Then again, I also have a tradition of always picking the grass types at each pokemon run, so Snivy is also an option, but for the most part, Oshawatt or Tepig.

Years
I like Tepig and Pignite's designs a lot, but I really don't like Emboar's design. I like Mijumaru, but if I were to pick it,
my choice would be based on Daikenki, whose design I adore. So for now, it's a toss-up, but I'll ultimately choose Tepig, come March, most likely.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I like Tepig and Pignite's designs a lot, but I really don't like Emboar's design. I like Mijumaru, but if I were to pick it,
my choice would be based on Daikenki, whose design I adore. So for now, it's a toss-up, but I'll ultimately choose Tepig, come March, most likely.

Would it not make more sense to base your decision on the final form? It is the form you'll be seeing for the longest and what you'll be stuck with when all is said and done.

Velvex the Øverlørd

The Apparition
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2013
None of them are really appealing if you ask me, but I will probably choose Oshawott as I've always chosen the water starter, it would feel too weird not to choose it.

DarkNecroWolf

Godly Member
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 3, 2023
Amigawd SNIVY!!!!!!!! I love Snivy so muuchh!! The reason being I have 2 lizards, and Snivy reminds me of them :3

pokefan41

RMXP Game Developer
Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2023
Tepig. I enjoy fire pokemon a lot. I often will try to get one on my team fairly quickly.

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
Years
I think I'm going to choose Oshawatt becuase I really like the way Samurott looks. Also, with the exception of Diamond I've always chose the water-type starter anyways.

Back