• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
Years
Nope. You'll get ditto after you've gotten the national dex though, so there should be no particular need for you to transfer it.

Or, of course, you could hope for it to be released through the Dream World, but then again that has yet to open.

FraRPetO

Easy
Years
I wanna transfer my event legendary beasts and my gamestop celebi.
how do I do that without using the relocator ? I wanna get Zorua and Zoroark

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
I wanna transfer my event legendary beasts and my gamestop celebi.
how do I do that without using the relocator ? I wanna get Zorua and Zoroark

The relocator is the only way you can transfer them, not including the Pokeshifter seeing as it is the full version of it. You could ask someone to transfer them online though.

FraRPetO

Easy
Years
so, if i trade event pokemon from a friend online, can i get zorua and zoroark ?
or is it only available by using 2 ds's wireless using relocator ?

Years
Someone please tell me that it isn't true that you can't rebattle Gym Leaders and the Elite Four. D:

You can't rebattle the gym leaders but you cna rebattle the Elite Four. They will be stronger the second time.

Now I also have a question myself: When I trade through the GTS Negotiation, I get to see how many times a person has traded (I think) before I trade with them. How do I figure out how many times I myself have traded?

Also is there any way to view some of your gaming statistics? In HG/SS for example, there was a computer in the Pokémon Center you enter before entering the league where you could see how many Pokémon you have battled, caught and hatched. Is there a thing like that in B/W?

Nukez

Goddess of Zorua
Years
GTS Trade Opinion?

I have a Boldore level 28 which as you know when traded evolves. Im having trouble thinking of a pokemon worth setting it to be traded for in GTS any opinions?

Nukez

Goddess of Zorua
Years
Why not trade it for another Boldore? That way you could get its evolution if you don't have it yet. Just hope the person you are trading with doesn't make it hold an everstone.
yeah i had to watch that because i didnt notice it until i actually checked my pokemon that it was holding an everstone. Aparently you catch it with one

Years
A question about trainer types

I just got Pokémon White some days ago, I live in Europe so it was only released at 4 March, and I noticed you could change the trainer type on your trainer card. The default says PKMN Trainer, and you can change it into things such as Lass, or PKMN Breeder. I tried it out and skipped through all the options, and I decided I wanted to change back to PKMN Trainer, but I couldn't choose from that anymore. I went through all the types like 3 times, but PKMN Trainer wasn't there.

I happened have saved some time before so I just turned off my DS, but I really want to know if there is a way to change back to PKMN Trainer other than on your trainer card?

Also considering this subject - does this work the same as in Pokémon D/P, where you could change your trainer type at some guy in a Pokécenter to change the way you looked in the union room? If you changed your trainer type to i.e Ace Trainer, you would appear like one in the union room to other people. If you change the trainer type on your trainer card in B/W, does that have the same effect?

I'm not sure if I posted this in the right spot - sorry if I didn't.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
thats not how it works traded pokemons only get boosted exp if they have a different trainer Id then your own trading to a friend and back does nothing for exp boost

Wrong.

Idk if this happened in the other games but it's changed (Maybe) in these ones.

I traded my Pignite to my Black version, on the black version it evolved into Emboar, I traded it back to my White game and it gets boosted EXP. Same with my Duosion and such ~

Lightning86

Phoenix Force
Years
Having some trouble :(

Hello Everyone!

Well I haven't played Pokemon in forever! lol
So I treated myself to Pokemon Black and a DSi XL

Anyway I picked Snivy as my first Pokemon and I am currently in the 2nd town(Where first Gym Leader is)

Thing is I am having a abit of trouble getting a team sorted, The only thing I have found so far are the dog things and Purrloins :(

Thing is when I try and level them they just get KO'd!
My Purrloin is lv 5 and my dog thing lv 4 and my Snivy is lv 12.

Anyone tell me what I can do :( not having much luck lvling new Pokemon as they just get KO'd and they are only 2 I can find in grass

Nukez

Goddess of Zorua
Years
Hello Everyone!

Well I haven't played Pokemon in forever! lol
So I treated myself to Pokemon Black and a DSi XL

Anyway I picked Snivy as my first Pokemon and I am currently in the 2nd town(Where first Gym Leader is)

Thing is I am having a abit of trouble getting a team sorted, The only thing I have found so far are the dog things and Purrloins :(

Thing is when I try and level them they just get KO'd!
My Purrloin is lv 5 and my dog thing lv 4 and my Snivy is lv 12.

Anyone tell me what I can do :( not having much luck lvling new Pokemon as they just get KO'd and they are only 2 I can find in grass
You need to go to the right of gym on that path. and get monkey if you havent first. Then id say go in grass and evolve snivy. then use strategy of having weak pokemon first in party then right when battle starts switch to the stronger pokemon. Splits exp but it helps

Nukez

Goddess of Zorua
Years
Right of the Gym?
Isn't that the dream area thing?
yes it is and at end of path in dream area is a women talk to her she will give u a Water pokemon names Panpour since you chose Snivy. If you need anymore help feel free to message me ill be on for awhile

Last edited:

Yukimi

Nautical Star
Years
I caught a Purrloin too. Some people really like it, but its attack stat is abysmal. I put mine in the PC.
Keep the dog with you. Fight some weak Pokemon in the grass and slowly level it up. If you train him right, he can be an absolute terror through the beginning of the game.
More Pokemon will become available to you once you get past that town. You should start seeing some Blitzle soon. They're electric Pokemon and definitely worth their weight in battle.

Good luck! :)

Lightning86

Phoenix Force
Years
Right of the Gym?
Isn't that the dream area thing?

Sorry pressed refresh and my silly pc double posted :(
I shall have a look for the Monkey Lady

Last edited:

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years

Actually there was several explanations in the older Simple Questions thread ~ But anywho,

Basically from that one, which is the first on the right, just go to the one above it with the young girl standing on the ladder once she's beaten and the books been read; the case will move showing the secret stairs ~

Does anyone know where the happiness checker is? :c I wanna know who far of Woobat and Swadloon are from evolving
I didn't see anyone answer his, but the happiness checker is in Nacrene City in the same house you transfer the version exclusive Grass types at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back