• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TEAM HELP! LOOKING FOR LAST SLOT

Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2011
Hey everyone, I'm having trouble filling up my last slot on my team. I'm looking for a water type preferably and I've already tried Samurott and Milotic. Any general tam advice would help as well.

Haxorus:
Dragon Dance
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Brick Break

Flygon:
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Dragon Claw
Flamethrower

Electivire:
Earthquake
Brick Break
Fire Punch
Thunderpunch

Metagross:
Brick Break
Earthquake
Zen Headbutt
Meteor Mash

Charizard:
Fly
Focus Blast
Air Slash
Heat Wave

6th???

Thanks!

lionrt60

Animal Crossing 3ds ♥
Years
If you dont mind could you put all of your pokémon's data like this?

Sprite (optional)
pokémon @ item
Trait:
Evs:[insert] / [insert] / [insert]
[insert] Nature (+[insert], -[insert])
- move 1
- move 2
- move 3
- move 4

so for example.

Spr_5b_121.png

Starmie @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
Evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
-Rapid Spin
-Surf / Hydro Pump
-Thunderbolt / Ice Beam
-Recover

It is just this will help us immensely in helping you ^^, although having said that please delete fly on charizard D:

Years
Well since it seems like you lack some bulky Pokemon, I reccomend the mighty Tentacruel! It's a great special wall, has nice defensive typing and can set up Toxic Spikes to poison your foes, as well as spin away any entry hazards on your side of the field.

Qin

The Flaming Rat's General!
Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2011
Lodge Leader has a valid point there with Tentacruel, as it is a veritable wall. I myself use it quite a lot on more defensive teams. But if you're looking for an offensive option, what about Gyarados? With a couple of Dragon Dances and a good moveset, they can be very dangerous. Also, Fly is a terrible tactical choice. Yes, it's powerful, but your opponent knows what you're doing as soon as you use it and a smart one would switch out to an Electric or Rock types. Predictability is always a weakness.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Hey everyone, I'm having trouble filling up my last slot on my team. I'm looking for a water type preferably and I've already tried Samurott and Milotic. Any general tam advice would help as well.

First, let me start off by saying hi!

Second, it's going to be kinda hard for the raters to give you proper advice without certain information. If you could include the Items, Abilities, EVs, and Natures of each Pokemon, that would be great.

Flygon:
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Dragon Claw
Flamethrower

Flygon @ Life Orb
Levitate
252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 Sp.Attack
Naive [+Speed; -Sp. Defense]
-Earthquake
-Dragon Claw / Draco Meteor
-Fire Blast / Stone Edge
-U-Turn / Roost

Your set isn't far from this one as far a moves are concerned. However, Flygon likes Roost or U-Turn (among others) depending on how you want to play it. I'm sure you understand the significance of Earthquake / Dragon Claw / Fire Blat as you have it on your Flygon. So I'll explain everything else. The Life Orb is a great item on Flygon simply because Flygon resists or is immune to most passive damage. Therefore, you can take the hit in HP for the extra boost in offense. Roost could be there if too much damage is racking up, but U-Turn can get Flygon off the battle field while dealing some damage. Draco Meteor deserves mentioning because this is a mixed set.

Generally speaking, it's better to use moves like Outrage or Draco Meteor over Dragon Tail or Dragon Rush if you have the option.

Electivire:
Earthquake
Brick Break
Fire Punch
Thunderpunch

As for Electivire, again you have an excellent move set. However, the additional information would make this a lot easier.

Electivire @ Expert Belt
Motor Drive
252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP
Adamant [+Attack; -Sp.Attack]
- Earthquake
- Brick Break / Cross Chop
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch

Ideally, with Motor Drive, you'd like to have a Pokemon that can lure in Electric type attack and switch out for Electivire. Charizard, or any water type you go with, can do that job. Now, the only real thing I changed was Fire Punch. That's because, with Ice Punch and the other moves on this set, Electivire can get near perfect coverage (13 out of 17 I think?). Hence, why the Expert Belt is the perfect choice.

Metagross:
Brick Break
Earthquake
Zen Headbutt
Meteor Mash

While Earthquake is an excellent attack, it seems to be a reoccurring theme here. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Metagross @ Leftovers / Choice Scarf
Clear Body
252 Attack / 152 HP / 104 Speed
Adamant [+Attack; -Sp.Attack]
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Agility / Ice Punch / Pursuit / Zen Headbutt
- Thunder Punch

Metagross has a plethora of resistances. But, that's not to say that it can't be walled. Bulky Waters are a common wall for Metagross, hence, Thunder Punch. Meteor Mash is awesome and Earthquake covers the three types that resist Meteor Mash. It might be worth investing in the Choice Scarf > Agility also. If you do, you'll be able to outspeed most threats, including: Flygon, Salamence, Zapdos, and, Gengar. Just to mention a few.

Charizard:
Fly
Focus Blast
Air Slash
Heat Wave

Charizard... Although it's very popular among Pokemon fans in general, it never seemed to gain any sustainable admiration in competitive battles. One reason for this, is Charizard's typing. Fire / Flying makes Charizard extremely weak to many opponents. Not to mention its x4 weakness to Stealth Rock. If you're going to use Charizard, you're going to want Rapid Spin support.

Anyway, Charizard does have an interesting niche, but it's up to you if its worth it.

Charizard @ Salac Berry
Blaze
252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 Defense
Adamant [+Attack; -Sp. Attack]
- Belly Drum
- Substitute
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

AGAIN with the Earthquake. xD Only this one if my fault. The point of this set is to use Belly Drum / Salac Berry to activate Blaze. Throw out a substitute when it's safe, Belly Drum behind that, which will bring your HP down to 25%. Activate Blaze and the Salac Berry. Sweep. Done. This move set is very... disposable. By that I mean, it makes Charizard disposable. It's all or nothing with this set unless you have Wish support. Once you HP id down 50%, there's no way of going back. Good luck with this one, it'll be hard, but maybe worth it. Oh, and 2-Turn moves, like Fly, aren't so great.

6th???

Thanks!

You say you want a Water type? Well, that depends on if you want to do something about Charizard. Considering Charizard's weakness to everything, I would recommend Cloyster for Rapid Spin support and laying down Spikes.

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Overcoat
252 Attack / 208 Speed / 48 Sp.Attack
Jolly [+Speed; -Sp.Attack]
- Toxic Spikes / Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam
- Razor Shell / Surf

This is so straight forward it's pathetic. But it works for a reason. Even though it's a huge understatement of Cloyster's real power with Skill Link. Also, Tentacruel can function the same way, so that's always an option. But there are many other Bulky Water types out there if you'd prefer those. Just check out Swampert, Jellicent, or Gyarados.

Anyway, if you want to replace Charizard, just let us know and we can work something up for you. Otherwise, just add the rest of the information we need to rate your team. Sorry I can't go on, but I have to leave. ;-; I'll be back depending on what you want to do with your team!

I hope this helped a bit!

Back