• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharBrothers

Martin Mystery
Years
Has anyone tried to catch a specific shiny Pokemon before and succeed? How long did it take? And were there any tricks in FR/LG to help catch shinies?
I Caught a Shiny Tauros in Safari Zone. (FR/LG) I was Finding a Chansey when I noticed a Tauros that has Green fur. so I Throw balls at it. :)

gaysperm_

Banned
Years
hi, sry if this has been asked before but what legendary pokemons are available/catchable in leafgreen & where + how do you get them?
also; whats ur favourite?

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
hi, sry if this has been asked before but what legendary pokemons are available/catchable in leafgreen & where + how do you get them?
also; whats ur favourite?

Apart from the starters and certain legendaries, the following pokemon cannot be obtained in Leaf Green:

- Ekans, Arbok
- Oddish, Gloom, Vileplume, Bellossom
- Psyduck, Golduck
- Growlithe, Arcanine
- Shellder, Cloyster
- Electabuzz, Elekid
- Scyther, Scizor
- Wooper, Quagsire
- Murkow
- Quilfish
- Delibird
- Skarmory

hose are the version exclusives and since you chose Bulbasaur, you will be able to catch Entei after defeating the Elite 4. You'll need to trade from Colloseum if you want the other two.

Almost all of the Hoenn pokemon are absent as well, so you'll need to trade with Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald if you want those. The links below have a list of all catchable pokes, as well as all the legendaries.

Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Jan 18, 2014
Need some Advice

I've played Pokemon for years now, but I need some advice. When I started, I just used one Pokemon the whole run, and only used other to revive my main one. What are some ways I can rank up all of my Pokemon to all around an even level, like I have a team of Pokemon from levels 10-19. How should I do that? Thanks!

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
Oh... So you want all of your Pokemon to LVL 10- 19 right ? SO its a common thing ! Of course ! Train your Pokemon hard ! And if your thinking how i have an idea -

Just do't run from an encounter. If you have any Pokemon encounter try to fight them through and make your Pokemon strong. Do it do it and do it untill you got a good lvl. If you want your Pokemon to be strong the only 2 ways are Either using cheats or using the Real way. The real way is By training your Pokemon hard. Take your time and make sure you teach your Pokemon Good moves. Push push & Push in that idea until you had a good team. If i say directly Just run in a grass side and wait until you encounter a Pokemon then Fight with the Pokemon. And don't run from battle if you lose or got all your Pokemon faint you will get back to Pokemon center. And There is another way. If your having Problem in training so then download the VBA Emulatorhttp://coolrom.com/emulators/gba/14/Visual_Boy_Advance.php Then play your game if you have an encounter just click [ right shift + F1,2,3,4,5.... any F button from 1 to 10] so the game will be saved if you click the the button you saved then that time when you was fighting will come again

example - You encountered a pidgey you saved the game by clicking right shift + F10 then you losed aginst it if you click the F10 then you will load the previous time when you saved (Don't use Shift when loading)

Then you will know what move the Pokemon will use so you retry more then you can think. Hope i helped !

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 23, 2014
So I just bought a new sapphire online

Back: AGB-002
Casing: Looks legit, see through casing, front sticker is shiny
inside: (I) (Nintendo) AGB-E05-01

which I found to be the legit markings but when I started it up it had a save file labeled TEST and it tells me "Save file found, will be loaded" (paraphrasing) Is this really a fake cartridge or could this just be a slight error and something I will be able to look past so I can re-enjoy this game? :/ Thanks in advance for the response

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
Alright guys, I'm going to be adding a water type to my team a little later and I need to know which one to choose in Fire Red.

-Vaporeon
-Lapras
-Gyrados

I always use Gyrados and it never fails, but it lacks a move pool and Spec Attack in Fire Red.
Vaporeon seems to have great hp and can learn ice moves and stuff.
Lapras comes later, but is really good. Not suree.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'd stay away from Gen III Gyarados tbh. It can't really make great use of its attack stat this gen, sadly. Vaporeon and Lapras are both pretty tanky, and as much as I like Vaporeon, I'd go with Lapras. Reason being is that it can learn a bunch of coverage moves. I like to go with Surf, Ice Beam, Psychic, and Thunder/Thunderbolt myself.

Starmie can also do this, with faster and harder hits as well. But if you want more of a tank, go with Lapras. That's my suggestion. Though going with Vaporeon isn't bad either. But I really think you should stay away from Gyarados. As long as you do that, your Water type choice will have my stamp of approval (not that you'd want it though, because it's invisible).

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 23, 2014
i have seen a lot of forums for this question i have but am still confused. i want to transfer pokemon from 3rd gen to my 5th gen i already know how to do this but i have an r4 and two of the 3rd gen games are in there i have the original phat ds, which has the port for link cable but i never used it. i have an sp where i play my sapphire and play the others on an r4 on ds. i want to know if i buy a link cable if i will be able to trade between my r4 on my ds and sp than just put my sapphire into my 5th gen and trade than wait for pokebank and so on... or is the only option to a) either buy all the games and trade normally. if i do this can i trade between two of the original phat ds or B) buy another sp and appropriate link cable and transfer through that

also can anyone refer me to a universal link cable if there is one

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 29, 2014
Help! EV TRAINING QUESTIONS!

So I just started to know about EV Training. The problem is, I've been leveling my Growlithe on Gastly at the Pokemon Tower, which raises Sp. Atk. The thing I want to train my Growlithe is Atk so is there any way to reset all the EVs that my pokemon has gotten?

P.S. Playing Fire Red here, if that helps in anyway!

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
Pomeg - minus 10 HP EVs
Kelpsy - minus 10 Attack EVs
Qualot - minus 10 Defense EVs
Hondew - minus 10 Special Attack EVs
Grepa - minus 10 Special Defense EVs
Tamato - minus 10 Speed EVs

I don't know how to get those berries, but that's just what I read on Yahoo! Answers.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
Well these are little hard to find. Here all i can help - (Sorry if you didn't understand just ask me.)

Pomeg - R\S\E - Growing in soft soil in Route 119 when the player first arrives there.
Sometimes given by the Berry Master.
Sometimes given by Kiri in Sootopolis City.

Kelpsy-R\S\E Sometimes given by the Berry Master.
Route 115. (Surf required)

Qualot - R\S\E -Sometimes given by the Berry Master.
FR\LG - Given by a man in Cerulean City.

Hondew berry - R\S\E Four Hondew Berries can be found on Route 119 when the player first arrives there (Waterfall required).

Grepa - R\S\E Sometimes given by the Berry Master.

Tamato -R\S\E Sometimes given by the Berry Master.

Well only one berry named Qualot is able to got in FR\LG and all the other could only be got in R\S\E

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
Well these are little hard to find. Here all i can help - (Sorry if you didn't understand just ask me.)

Pomeg - R\S\E - Growing in soft soil in Route 119 when the player first arrives there.

Kelpsy-R\S\E Sometimes given by the Berry Master.
Route 115. (Surf required)

Qualot - R\S\E -Sometimes given by the Berry Master.
FR\LG - Given by a man in Cerulean City.

Hondew berry - R\S\E Four Hondew Berries can be found on Route 119 when the player first arrives there (Waterfall required).

Grepa - R\S\E Sometimes given by the Berry Master.

Tamato -R\S\E Sometimes given by the Berry Master.

Well only one berry named Qualot is able to got in FR\LG and all the other could only be got in R\S\E

Do you think you'd be able to trade them over into FRLG?

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
Ahh... no i need have no idea. Do you meant by Using the VBA link ? Or via wifi ? Well i don't know much.

Amm yeah !!! I remember you can trade them you need to let a pokemon held that berry then trade it over FR\LG and ping pong ! You got those. Try trading some non usable Pokemon while trading the berries in R\S\E

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
GameShark SP not working - white screen.

((Firstly, I apologise if this is the wrong section to post this, but I think it's appropriate considering it's a GS used for the third generation of games.))

A few nights ago, I started a new run-through on one of my Ruby versions. Something I've always enjoyed doing with the third generation games is to do randomiser Nuzlocke challenges. I used my GameShark (this one: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51JGF3JDV3L.jpg) and it worked fine. The next night I used my GS again. After selecting the codes for the Pokémon, my GameBoy/DS goes to the white screen and stays there and all that can be heard is that glitching sound. It loads up GS properly and allows me to select whatever codes I want, but again, after selecting to start the game, it just stays on a white screen.

What is this? I know for a fact it isn't an issue with the systems or the games as I have tried it with three GameBoy SPs, two DS, two Ruby versions, a Sapphire, Emerald and FireRed version.

Thanks!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Even though this is about GameShark, it's not like you're asking for codes, so I'll keep this. Just gonna merge it with the Q&A thread first. Anyway, I don't have much experience with one, but have you perhaps tried removing the code and adding it again? Also, I would just stick with using a GBA SP when using it instead of a DS...just for extra safe measures, but that's just me. I'm super cautious, haha.

Oh...and, although this is just probably age talking, try taking it out and blowing into the cartridge. lol Yeeeup.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 13, 2014
Playing ruby for the first time.

I have not played a pokemon game in years and have come across a copy of ruby! Since I have not followed pokemon since the original I am not sure what pokemon are strong in this game, can anyone help me by maybe telling me the pokemon they prefer/think are the strongest or just cool things in general?

p.s I love psychic type but just realized I don't have someone to trade with to create alakazam:*(

Years
  • Age 37
  • Online now
Ralts is a pretty good Psychic type. It just requires a little bit of babying before it gets some good attacks, as Abra was like before.

For the starters, you should look up their final evolutions to see which one you like the most. Blaziken, Torchic's final form, is a beast and is Fire/Fighting. Swampert, Mudkip's final evolution, is Water/Ground and is great as well. Last, there's Sceptile, Treecko's final stage, and it's a Grass-type. I prefer either Blaziken or Swampert due to their other typings, so I have no real opinions on Sceptile.

Really, just look up an online Pokedex for Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald and see all the different Pokemon available to you. Pick whichever ones look cool, seem strong, or have attacks that you want to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back