• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Wiicked Cool Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
It's more of a side scrolling Dark Souls. (Or rather, DS is a 3D Zelda II)

Wait, crap, that's an RPG.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Canon timeline is branched, how would that work? :P

And then a Link Between Worlds pretty much broke the whole thing anyway.

Prooobably I'd go up to the branch and then either play them all at once (like one game from one branch, then the first in another branch, thn the first in the third branch) or go entirely down one branch and then revert back.

Either way the order isn't THAT important because it's not like you can really tell in the games, haha.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
When it comes to achievements/trophies in video games, I find there is one one type worse than the ones that require getting done in multiplayer mode. Those are the secret ones since you don't know what you have to do to get them. That is why I have not gotten many secret ones.
Um... what about checking them? There's a crapload of trophy guides for pretty much every game plus there are sites that show you all trophies of a game.
Sometimes I actually forget there are secret trophies since it's been a huge while since I checked my trophies on PS3/PSV =D

Not necessarily online trophies, but co-op trophies that need another player are easy XD Connect the controller, and boom. Cheap way of achieving it. But yeah. I constantly go to PSN Profiles to check trophies, and their descriptions, and I dread scrolling down to see "....in multiplayer mode."
Well obviously.
But those cannot really happen in case of PSV =D
And especially on PSNP there's a huge number of people who love to boost online trophies so... you don't need to worry about it that much ;)

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Prooobably I'd go up to the branch and then either play them all at once (like one game from one branch, then the first in another branch, thn the first in the third branch) or go entirely down one branch and then revert back.

Either way the order isn't THAT important because it's not like you can really tell in the games, haha.

I would recommend playing in this order (because I've done it before). Somewhat timeline-based as if it weren't branched.

Skyward Sword, The Minish Cap, Four Swords, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess, Four Swords Adventures, The Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, A Link to the Past, Oracle of Seasons, Oracle of Ages, Link's Awakening, A Link Between Worlds, The Legend of Zelda, and The Adventure of Link

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I would recommend playing in this order (because I've done it before). Somewhat timeline-based as if it weren't branched.

Skyward Sword, The Minish Cap, Four Swords, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess, Four Swords Adventures, The Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, A Link to the Past, Oracle of Seasons, Oracle of Ages, Link's Awakening, A Link Between Worlds, The Legend of Zelda, and The Adventure of Link
Well I think it's pretty hard to have a canonical order-based playthrough of the games without the branch.

...Then again, I've never really checked out the timelines of linearists, I've always pretty much subsided to the Wind Waker/Twilight Princess division. Though, despite this, I would still recommend playing Wind Waker before Twilight Princess. I mean, TP has the connection in the form of the Hero's Shade, but Wind Waker's storyline basically pushes it as a sequel to OoT/MM.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Well I think it's pretty hard to have a canonical order-based playthrough of the games without the branch.

...Then again, I've never really checked out the timelines of linearists, I've always pretty much subsided to the Wind Waker/Twilight Princess division. Though, despite this, I would still recommend playing Wind Waker before Twilight Princess. I mean, TP has the connection in the form of the Hero's Shade, but Wind Waker's storyline basically pushes it as a sequel to OoT/MM.
It's not perfect, the state of Hyrule and triforce is a bit inconsistent, however the basic idea here is Old Hyrule > Sea > New Hyrule. Actually, on that note... Four Swords Adventures (and the other 2D toon games?) would fit better right before the original Legend of Zelda, but I was trying to keep the order within the branches

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Now, with an official timeline released - not much. Before that, very much debatable and I was heavily in those circles of Zelda fans at one point. I know Zelda lore thoroughly lol
And I really think that's a huge part of the fun. I've only been involved with (and knew of) the timeline for a couple of years, 4-5 probably, and its debatable nature is actually what drew me back to Zelda. When Skyward Sword was announced, I immediately wondered what the effects on the timeline would be.

And I'm no expert. I've yet to complete many of the Zelda games, having completed few yet explored many, but the timeline does give me the drive to explore the games and even form theories of my own.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Legend of Zelda is one of my most favorite series of all-time; been a fan since I was about eight or so. As for favorite game, that's probably got to be a tie between Skyward Sword and Ocarina of Time; to me, they are both simply astonishing. Seriously can't wait for their next Wii U game!

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
From the 3D adventure Zelda, I like twilight princess and Majora's Mask the best. From the 2D overhead style, I Link's Awakening and the minish cap are my favourites

Years
Y'all are so lucky to still be able to play LoZ games ;; I miss them so much, and I'm so behind on the times with the chronology @.@

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
Years
When it comes to The Legend of Zelda series, I have only played either three or four games in the series. The ones that I know that I have played are The Minish Cap, Phantom Hourglass and A Link Between Worlds. I think I played one of the Oracle games, but I am not entirely sure. Of the three I know that I have played, I have only beaten A Link Between Worlds. Course I came close to beating The Minish Cap.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Wow I forgot - I suck at the original. I have no idea how it even works.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
It'd be great if they could release some sequel to Majora's Mask mask someday. Have played this game a dozen of times before, and seeing a sequel for it would be simply fantastic. I've been waiting for it for an extremely long time, and still am.

Yukari

Personally I've never played Majora's Mask or the majority of Zelda games. Mainly because I haven't been able to afford many video games lately and I never played the Legend of Zelda games as a child.

Years
Majora's Mask is basically the only Zelda game I've never played (unless Link's Crossbow Training counts), partly due to its inaccessibility... it's tough to track down N64 carts these days. I could get it from the Wii Virtual Console, but that's super awkward to do when trying to do it on a Wii U. In the N64 days I wasn't a Zelda fan, but thankfully Ocarina of Time 3D allowed me to play through that amazing adventure. I'm personally hoping for some sort of remake on the 3DS. Grezzo, the folks behind Ocarina of Time 3D recently advertised job vacancies, asking people to 'make a legend with them'... which means MM 3D could be on the horizon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back