• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dir en Grey Fanclub!

deathbyalice

Linden
Years
dir_en_grey_group9.jpg
Hey, do you like Dir en grey? Then this is the club for you! Dir en grey is a j-rock band, and one of my favorites! I love Marmalade Chainsaw! So join if you like!

Info:
Voice kyo
Guitar kaoru
Guitar Die
Bass Toshiya
Drums Shinya

Dir en grey was formed in 1997.
In 1999, their fame caught the attention of then CEO of East West Japan. Thus signing them to a major record label. They debuted releasing 3 singles at once, very rare for a newcomer.
Of course, all 3 songs hit the top 10 on the charts.After that, all their releases would hit the top 10 on the charts proving that more and more people were sympathizing with their lyrics.
In 2002, their fame hit all of Asia. During their Asia Tour they traveled to Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Shanghai. And in Shanghai, public safety officers had to be called in to calm the excited fans.

Discography:
VULGAR 2003.9.10
six Ugly 2002.7.31
鬼葬 2002.1.30
MACABRE 2000.9.20
GAUZE 1999.7.28
MISSA 1997.7.25

Owner:
deathbyalice

Members:
Ryuki

Links:

Official Website in english and Japanese!

Last edited:

Stevo-kun

Push to the limit, Give more!
Years
I am sorry but this goes in other clubs so I will get a mod to move it *calls mod*

Pokemon_Veteran

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Yeah, this goes in Other Clubs. ^^; *moves*

And I'd join, but I've only gotten to hear one of their songs. ;_;

punkhobbitqueen

chibi peoples? Where?!?!?!!?!?
Years
um i've never heard of them before. but i bet if i heard them i would love them! do ya think that somebody could send me a song?? oh wait you can't do that here on Poke Community can you...oops -blushes- or can you??? -head is spinning-

deathbyalice

Linden
Years
Um, I have a link to their official site in my first post. I think there may be downloads on it. If not, use Kaaza or LimeWire. My favorite song by them is Maramalade Chainsaw, That would probably be your best bet when looking for a song.

deathbyalice

Linden
Years
punkhobbitqueen said:
okay thanks! i will definately have to check it out. they look a little weird though...
Lots of male J-Rock bands like to cross dress in public. (Visual Kei). Like Mana from Malice Mizer, a lot of them go for the Gothic and Lolita look, though I don't think Dir en grey could be considered Gothic and Lolita. Also, they kind of cooled down with the cross dressing, they don't do it as often as they used to.

punkhobbitqueen

Years
sorry didn't mean to offend any of you. XD not my intention. i just wasn't used to the look haven't seen any band dress like that in a while! sorry!

deathbyalice

Linden
Years
Yeah, I like them alot. Check out other visual kei bands, Malice Mizer or the new one Moi Dix Mois. They are really good. Also, check out L'Arc en ciel, they are not visual kei, but they are so cool! Those are some of the few male japanese bands that I actually like.

punkhobbitqueen

Years
I know! but i think we don't have many people because they haven't heard of them...i mean i only took a look because i didn't reconize their band name.

deathbyalice

Linden
Years
punkhobbitqueen said:
I know! but i think we don't have many people because they haven't heard of them...i mean i only took a look because i didn't reconize their band name.
Well that's cool, Maybe people from my EGL club will join...

Back