• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help with modifying the party system...

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2013
Alright, so I believe I'm pretty decent with the Pokemon Essentials engine, not great, but competent. However, I've run into a snag while constructing my game. I would like to make a story-based game (similar, I guess, to Pokemon Yellow) where the main trainer has a constant companion (sans the following around and gimmicky happiness stuff). Basically, I need to know if there is a way to prevent A.) The first Pokemon from being moved around (save party order, I think the player should be able to put the Pokemon in any order), B.) Put in a PC, C.) Traded, and D.) Released. I've tried coming up with ways to do this, but I'm afraid my understanding of the scripts in the Pokemon Essentials engine has come up short in this. Any advice/help will be greatly appreciated!

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2013
Well, I see no one seems to know how to do this either, but I think I have an idea, I just don't have the chops to make it happen. My guess is that the Pokemon that must stay in the party could be prevented from being stored and/or released by editing the coding for the "pokemonStorage" script. There are a ton of "checks" where the script looks to see if the Pokemon you are trying to store is your last Pokemon. If we could create a "check" whereby the script would look to see what Pokemon you are trying to store, this might be doable? Like, for example, say the Pokemon you can't get rid of is a Bulbasaur, the script could check to see if the pokemon is in fact Bulbasaur, and if it is, the script would reject the attempt. I just have no idea how to create such a check.

I'm hoping maybe someone might be able to take this idea and run with it?

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Hmm...If you were to add an if statement to the scripts, I would imagine you could make it identify the pokemon by internal name, and effectively prevent it from storing. This would be possible to change if you were to set it on a switch too. Now I'm a bit curious, so I will see if I can replicate this. I just don't know all the PE lingo atm (patiently awaiting release 11).

Back