• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aureol

Kanto/Electric-Type Enthusiast
Years
Think I'll go with Poison for a bit of variety. Sign-ups too late? ;)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 15, 2023
-Zubat evolved
-Won Thunder Badge thanks to Golbat's Bite
-Got Silph Scope - Golbat apparently had enough happiness to evolve, but it couldn't because of the lack of the National Dex.
-Won Rainbow Badge easily
-Got PokeFlute - Pidgeotto evolved

Current Team:

Pidgeot - Lv36
pkfrlg018.png

Wing Attack
Fly
Gust
Quick Attack

Golbat - Lv35
pkfrlg042.png

Wing Attack
Air Cutter
Confuse Ray
Bite

Fearow - Lv33
pkfrlg022.png

Peck
Pursuit
Aerial Ace
Fury Attack

HM Slaves:
Meowth - Flash; Also good for Pickup
Diglett - Cut

dragon0fangz

account moved to 649
Years
I feel really bad about abandoning this challenge. (Its somewhere in the page 50's) but I was busy with school...
Ill Try and restart In sinnoh, but progress will be slow...

Edit: Found My old file.
I will resume where i left off, on page 54
My challenge started at pg 42 - 54

btw I TOTALLY stole post #1337

Last edited:

11wildy

Me!
Years
I'd like to switch to Bug if you don't mind. I know I haven't done any update in ages, but I was really busy. I'll start of with pokemon red.

I started my game, did the beginning stuff, caught a Caterpie and a Weedle and trained them up for brock. Brock was pretty easy, though I had to use a Potion on butterfree once. I had to go trough Mt Moon a second tiem since I was defeated by some trainer there. The second time I went trough succesfully and I arrived in Cerulean city. I went over te bridge for some training and Pwnt my rival. Later, when back in cerulean city I beat Misty easily with Beedrill's Twineedle. That's where I saved.

Team:
Butterfree lvl 25
Confusion
Tackle
Supersonic
Sleep powder

Beedrill lvl 25
Twineedle
Poison Sting
Fury attack
Rage

So until next update :)

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2016
Yay, I'm finally out of Hearthome!

Slow emulator speed + Semi-broken computer + Kirlia being so useless that it loses to wild Bibarel = Slow progress.

And as the next gym is Ghost and I have no worthwhile moves against them, I'm using Kirlia. Apologies in advance if it turns out this is against the rules.

I finally got Blade (Kirlia) up to the level of Charlie (Heracross) and King Louis (Monferno), at lvl. 27. I then headed to the gym, with over half of all my moves being completely innefective against ghosts, and none super-effective. Joy. I sent out Blade first, expecting Haunter, but found Duskull instead. I managed to beat it with two Confusions. Haunter however outsped me and critted with Shadow Claw. Down went Blade. Charlie next up, who finished Haunter with two Aerial Aces. I continued the same tactic with Mismagius, but got beaten by repeated Psybeams. Switched to King Louis, who almost beat her with Flame Wheel, but Fantina used a Super Potion. I kept with Flame Wheel, and luckily got a burn, but was beaten again by Psybeam. Nicky (the Machop who is Not Ricky), finally made himself usefull by dying horribly while I healed up Charlie. His sacrifice will be noted. Charlie hit Mismagius hard with an Aerial Ace, and combined with burn damage it dealt the final blow.

I heal my Pokemon and try to leave the city, only to be stopped by my rival, Buffy. Blade kills Staravia with repeated confusion, but takes serious damage in return. Louis, King of Apes, takes down Ponyta with Mach Punch. Charlie beat Prinlup with Brick Breaks (I love this bug, seriously). Blade returned to face Roselia, but got beaten by Mega Drain (I hate this ballerina, seriously). King Louis finished it off with Flame Wheel. No problem really. Apparently his tactic of "making attacks never miss" failed. I noticed that he never actually tried it. I, on the other hand, used both Magical Leaf and Aerial Ace against him, and I won. What does that tell you? His tactic works, he's just too stupid to use it. The blonde moron left me alone, and I continued on my journey.

I made my way on the long road through Solaceon Town to Veilstone City, skipping most of the trainers for the purpose of later training (ie. Croagunk and Riolu). Annoyingly, I got beaten by a powerful pair of NPCs at the entrance to Veilstone (the only time I can remember being beaten by a non-gym leader/E4 member). So I had to go through it all again, which was fun. I then tried to go to Pastoria by going South from Veilstone, before realising that you can't. So I went to the gym instead.

How many times have I proved that I am the true Fighting champion? In Kanto I obliterated the Dojo and beat Bruno. In Johto I beat Chuck and Bruno again. In Hoenn I wiped the floor with Brawly. And this pink-haired chick thinks she can beat me? Sigh. She sent out Meditite, and I remembered how cool Lu-Tze was. I miss him. He beat a Swellow that was 4 levels higher than him when he was still a Meditite for crying out loud. His failure of a replacement managed to beat her Meditite with
several Confusions after a Calm Mind, but took decent damage in return, and therefore was outsped and beaten by Machoke. Anyone sensing a pattern here? I pulled out the big guns and Charlie beat Machoke with Aerial Ace and Lucario with a single Brick Break. I am the Fighting master. Accept no imitations (er, except for *USERNAME*, who's already beaten the challenge).

Made my way back to Hearthome and found that I STILL can't get to Pastoria. I have to beat up some Galactic losers instead. Y'know, I've had it up to here with saving the world all the time. Cyrus better give me a coke.

Team:

Charlie (Heracross)
Spr_4p_214_m.png

Lvl. 30
Swarm
- Brick Break
- Shadow Claw
- Horn Attack
- Aerial Ace
Continues to be the MVP.

King Louis (Monferno)
Spr_4p_391.png

Lvl. 29
Blaze
- Flame Wheel
- Fury Swipes
- Mach Punch
- Leer
Mr. Consistent. He's warming up to me enough to consider putting him on the final team.

Blade (Kirlia)
Spr_4p_281.png

Lvl. 30
- Confusion
- Magical Leaf
- Double Team
- Calm Mind
This gender-confused moron is my LVP. I cannot wait until he evolves and (hopefully) becomes useful.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 15, 2023
I just beat the E4! I decided to just stop using Fearow once I got to Giovanni's gym. It was too much work training all 3 of them. And even then Golbat's and Pidgeot's levels were relatively low.

Now on to Heart Gold!

Last edited:

Decodedd

Number One Rookie !
Years
Player - David
Rival - Nick
Chapter 1 : I Get My First Pokemon !

I start off with the classic opening .
Jeez, I love that music .
But ANYWAY !
I wake up and go outside of my hometown and Oak shows up .
What could he want...?
Turns out he wants to help me out by giving a POKEMON !
Sweeeeet .
I pick Charmander, because he's my all time favorite .

Chapter 2 : My First Taste Of ACTION !

Obviously, Nick picks Squirtle D:<
But what's this !?!
He wants to battle me ?
Right on !
Simply put, I wipe the floor with him .
After my overly easy battle with my Rival, I leave Pallet Town for now .
That's all for now .

Last edited:

polkop

LSHMSFOAIDMT
Years
Update on my MONO-GRASS challenge:
- I get my fourth badge
- I capture a Cacnea
- I get my sixth badge
- I caught a Tropius
- I train my team
- Canea evolved into Cacturne

Team:
Gloom - Miracle Seed - Lv 31
- Absorb
- Acid
- Sleep Powder
- Poison Powder

Cacturne - Black Glasses - Lv 32
- Faint Attack
- Leech Seed
- Cut
- Pin Missile

Breloom - Lv 32
- Counter
- Strength
- Mach Punch
- Leech Seed

Tropius - Lv 32
- Stomp
- Razor Leaf
- Fly
- Steel Wing

Grovyle - Soft Sand - Lv 32
- Rock Smash
- Leaf Blade
- Dig
- Quick Attack

Lombre - Lv 33
- Surf
- Fake Out
- Absorb
- Nature Power

thenickel09

Lurker
Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
On the SS Anne, about to face my rival.
I also caught a Magikarp and put it into the DayCare until level 19. It evolved into a Gyarados.

My Team
Wartortle- Lv29
Mega Kick
Water Gun
Bubble
Bite

Gyarados- Lv20
Splash (Can't wait to get rid of this, lol)
Tackle
Bite

rew_s11

ERROR 404
Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2016
Player: Rew
Badges: 2
Game : Platinum
Type: poison
Update: 1

- named myself rew and rival barry
- did everything until jublife,caught a Budew

Rival barry(2nd):
I used growth 6 times then mega drain way

- moved to oreburg

Roark:
OHKO Onix and geodude with mega drain and 2HKO cranidos

- moved to floaroma
- beat galatics

Mars(1st):
- growth some times then mega drain way.

- went trought eterna florest,caught a gastly
- reached eterna city

Gardenia:
Send Gastly
Used confuse ray,turwig used reflect,then I 2HKO it with night shade.Same thing on cherrin
Cursed roserade,them night shade way(healing when necessary)

- beat galatics

Jupiter:
she was hard O.o
Zubat and Skuntank could 2HKO/OHKO my team.
Send gastly,used confuse ray,took a bite por over 50% damage
Used nigith shade,took a wing attack
Used a super potion,took a bite,confusion ended
used confuse ray,zubat his itself
Finhised it with night shade

Cursed skuntank(and died)
Send Budew
Used stun spore,missed -.- and took a night slash
healed until curse drain all his hp,died on last turn but my slave saved me.

Current Team:

406.png
@ shotte bell
Calm, Lv 26
- Mega drain
- Growth
- stun spore
- water sprout
-----
I have forgotten that it evolve only in daytime

92.png

Timid,Lv 25
- Sucker Punch
- Curse
- confuse ray
- night shade
-----
Will evolve after get shadow ball

Last edited:

Charmageddon

Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2016
Harrumph. I've gotten quite far in my Fighting challenge but I had to do it all twice, because my computer shut itself down and erased two hours of progress. :( I beat those Galactic goons and got the Fly HM, then made my way to Pastoria. First things first, I went straight to the swamp and got the Dawn Stone that was hidden there, and evolved Kirlia into a brand spanking new Gallade. While there, I caught a female Croagunk and named it Kendra (the name makes sense if you look at my name and my rival's). Insert here a lot of tedious grinding, going back through past routes beating trainers I avoided before, until Kendra was up to speed with my other Pokemon. Then I went to the Move Relearner and taught Gallade Leaf Blade, and went to battle my rival.

I led with Kendra, hoping to get a Rock Tomb in, but I was outsped at OHKOed by a Wing Attack. Blade avenged with Psycho Cut, and took Prinplup out with Leaf Blade. King Louis (Monferno) came in to beat Ponyta with several Mach Punchs and OHKO Roselia with Flame Wheel. Sweeping through the gym, I challenged Crasher Wake. His Gyarados was possibly the most moronic creature ever to grace this Earth. It only used Waterfall over and over again, which thanks to Dry Skin was completely ineffective. I just spammed Rock Tomb until it died. Then Blade OHKOed Quagsire with Leaf Blade, and Charlie (Heracross) beat Floatzel with two Brick Breaks. Pretty easy match in all, mainly thanks to the retarted Gyarados.

Chased some Galactic goon for a while, then headed to Celestic. On the way, King Louis evolved into an Infernape. There is nothing of interest in Celestic, so I was more than happy to let the goon blow the place up. But then I realised that the old woman would only give me HM03 if I beat up the bad guys, so I reluctantly did so. Inside the ruins I met Cyrus. He seemed like a pleasant guy. Sneasel was easy, OHKOed by Kendra's Revenge. Golbat was beaten by a Psycho Cut. Murkrow is where it got tough. Croagunk couldn't get in a Rock Tomb and was OHKOed by Drill Peck. Charlie met a similar fate. King Louis saved the day with Close Combat. After the battle, Kendra learned Poison Jab and evolved into a lovely new Toxicroak.

With my new Surf technique, I headed to Canaclave. There I met my incredibly annoying rival, with his stupid Staraptor. It swept through Kendra, then Blade, then Charlie. King Louis had to save the day with Close Combat, and ended up sweeping the entire team - Empoleon and Rapidash with CC, Heracross and Roserade with Flame Wheel. If I hadn't already used an Infernape on another playthrough, he'd be on my team for sure. I did the Iron Island quest straight after, picking up the Riolu egg from Riley. Once it hatches, my team will be complete!

Team:

Charlie (Heracross) @ Fist Plate
Spr_4p_214_m.png

Lvl. 36
Swarm
- Close Combat
- Shadow Claw
- Horn Attack
- Aerial Ace
I dithered between Close Combat and Brick Break for a while. Do you think I made the right choice?

Blade (Gallade) @ Mind Plate
Spr_4p_475.png

Lvl. 37
Steadfast
- Psycho Cut
- Leaf Blade
- Double Team
- Night Slash
I was right, he's a lot more useful after evolving. Possibly the MVP nowadays, but everyone's pretty equal.

Kendra (Toxicroak)
Spr_4p_454_f.png

Lvl. 38
Dry Skin
- Poison Jab
- Rock Tomb
- Dig
- Revenge
If she had a better Fighting attack, she'd be perfect.

King Louis (Infernape)
Spr_4p_392.png

Lvl. 37
Blaze
- Flame Wheel
- Fury Swipes
- Close Combat
- Leer
As I've now got the Riolu egg, you can say goodbye to this guy. He'll appear as back-up in gym battles but that's all.

rew_s11

ERROR 404
Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2016
Player: Rew
Badges: 4
Game : Platinum
Type: poison
Update: 2

- spend all my money in potions to raise budews happines
- moved to hearthome,ghastly evolved

Fantina:
Shadow Ball OHKO all her pokemon,used para-fusion on mismagius,but didn't need it

Rival Barry(3rd)
Confuse ray + cursed staravia
Barry send prinlupip,switch to budew.Growth then mega drain for 2HKO
Switch to haunter and sweep with shadow ball.
- budew evolved
- moved to veilstone city

Maylene:
Send Haunterand OHKO meditide with shadow ball.Switch to roselia
Used growth,took a rock tomb form machoke and OHKO it with mega drain
Used stun spore on lucario,took a metal claw and switch to haunter
Lucario's matal claw missed.Used confuse ray,then shadow ball for 2-3HKO

Current Team:

Spr_4p_315_m.png
@ none
Calm, Lv 36
- Mega drain
- Growth
- stun spore
- water sprout
-----
Just a little stronger

Spr_4p_093.png
@ spell tag
Timid,Lv 37
- Sucker Punch
- Curse
- confuse ray
- shadow ball
-----
Mvp,special shadow ball do a lot of damage to everything that not is imune to it

Last edited:

polkop

LSHMSFOAIDMT
Years
Next update from my Mono-grass challenge on that slowpoke theme ;):
- Gloom evolve into Vileplume with a Leaf Stone
- Grovyle evolve into Sceptile
- I get my sixth badge
- I go to the abandoned ship to get a Water Stone
- Lombre evolved into Ludicolo with the Water Stone
- I get me seventh badge

Now, I,m going to beat Kyogre and my eighth badge easily.
My team:
Cacturne - Black Glasses - Lv 39
- Faint Attack
- Leech Seed
- Cut
- Pin Missile

Sceptile - Soft Sand - Lv 39
- Leaf Blade
- Earthquake
- Aerial Ace
- Rock Smash

Ludicolo - Sea Incense - Lc 39
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Giga Drain
- Dive

Vileplume - Miracle Seed - Lv 39
- Solar Beam
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder
- Sunny Day

Breloom - Silk Scarf - Lv 39
- Sky Uppercut
- Strength
- Mach Punch
- Leec Seed

Tropius - Amulet Coin - Lv 40
- Body Slam
- Razor Leaf
- Fly
- Steel Wing

Charmageddon

Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2016
Ooh, shiny new OP! Very snazzy, I like. And Dark/Steel teams are now allowed? Interesting. I'm tempted to start a Dark-type run after Fighting and Rock, but I think I'm gonna go with Grass instead, as I originally planned.

Anyways, I've made some more progress on my Rock challenge. I've just beaten the Elite Four. I've been playing at high speed and I've played through Johto too many times now for it to engage me very much, so I haven't got any detailed summary, just a few snapshots.

Where we left, I had Rokaa (Onix), Woody (Sudowoodo), Carol (Corsola) and Heavy G (Geodude). I was gonna drop Heavy G there and then, but I kept him on for a little longer. Headed to Olivine and beat the Lighthouse, then didn't feel up to the sea so I went to beat the Rockets at Mahogany, then onto Pryce.

Pryce - Woody's Rock Slide beat Seel and Dewgong, Carol's Surf took care of Piloswine.

Over in Cianwood, a kind fella gave me a Shuckle. I decided "meh, why not?" and put him on my team. As it transpired, Shuckie, despite his sucky nickname, soon became an integral part of my team.

Chuck - Shuckie debuted his fantastic career of stalling with a Wrap+Sludge Bomb technique against Primeape. Carol weakened Poliwrath before going down to DynamicPunch, and Shuckie finished off the job.

Jasmine - Heavy G Magnitude'd the Magnemite, and I sent Rokaa out to face Steelix. Screech+Mud Slap worked for a while, but I fell to an Iron Tail. Carol finished off with Surf.

At this point I stopped using Heavy G the Graveler.

Clair - I barely remember this fight. I just know there was a lot of healing and a lot of stalling (thanks Shuckie!). I had to PP stall Kingdra before I could beat her.

Both rival fights went much the same way - Woody beat Golbat with Rock Slide and Sneasel with Low Kick, Carol took down Quilava/Typholsion with Surf. Gengar and Magneton went down to Heavy G's Magnitude in round #1, and Rokaa's Earthquake in round #2. I caught a Rhyhorn in Victory Road, grinded everyone to lvl. 41 then challenged the Pokemon League.

Will:
Xatu #1 - Rock Slide from Woody
Slowbro - Combination of Carol with Strength and Shuckie's stalling (FYI, stalling = Sandstorm, Wrap, Sludge Bomb + Heal when necessary)
Exeggutor - Sludge Bomb from Shuckie
Jynx - Stalling from Shuckie
Xatu #2 - Woody's Rock Slide again

Koga:
Ariados - OHKOed by Woody's Rock Slide
Forretress - 3HKOed by Rokaa's Earthquake after a Screech.
Venomoth - Rock Slide again.
Muk - Rokaa's Earthquake.
Crobat - 2HKOed by Rock Slide. Yeah, Koga was by far the easiest E4 member.

Bruno:
Hitmontop - Earthquake from Rokaa. That Dig doesn't seem like such a great idea now, does it Hitmontop?
Hitmonlee - Rokaa took a Hi Jump Kick and OHKOed with Earthquake.
Hitmonchan - Another Earthquake from Rokaa, who was beaten by Ice Punch. Carol finished the job with Surf, taking two Mach Punches in return.
Machamp - Expertly stalled by Shuckie.
Onix - Went in for a Surf with Carol, was outsped and died to Earthquake. Switched to Rhyhorn to heal up Carol, who beat Onix the second time around.

Karen:

Umbreon - Stalled by Shuckie
Vileplume - Rock Slide by Woody, who died to Petal Dance. Shuckie finished the job by stalling.
Gengar - Earthquaked by Rokaa (God, I love lack of Levitate)
Houndoom - Surfed by Carol, which didn't quite KO and Carol died to Crunch. Rokaa was outsped and went the same way. Shuckie's stalling finished the job (narrowly)
Murkrow - Remember old Heavy G? Well, he made a comback and exploded in Murkrow's face. :D

Lance:
Gyarados - A few Hidden Power's from Carol, then stalling from Shuckie.
Aerodactyl - Beaten by a Rock Slide and a Low Kick from Woody
Dragonite #1 - Survived a Heavy G Self-destruct. Rokaa finished the job with Iron Tail.
Dragonite #2 - Switched to Rhyhorn, and healed up Woody, beat with Rock Slide.
Dragonite #3 - Beat Woody with Outrage, Beat Rokaa with Outrage. Took a lot of stalling from Shuckie before he finally died. Max-Revived Woody whilst stalling.
Charizard - OHKOed by Woody's Rock Slide.

Team:

Rokaa (Onix)
Spr_2c_095.gif

Lvl. 42
- Iron Tail
- Screech
- Earthquake
- Headbutt
Probably the LVP, but Earthquake came in useful.

Woody (Sudowoodo)
Spr_2c_185.gif

Lvl. 43
- Rock Slide
- Faint Attack
- Low Kick
- Flail
A real hard-hitter with Rock Slide, but somewhat lacking in overall coverage. Still, count how many E4 Pokemon Rock Slide beat. 2nd MVP

Carol (Corsola)
Spr_2c_222.gif

Lvl. 43
- Strength
- Hidden Power (Rock)
- Surf
- Recover
I'm really annoyed when I discovered that she couldn't learn Icy Wind or Blizzard. I could've really done with Ice moves against those Dragonites. Still, useful against Water types and did consistently decent damage with Surf. 3rd MVP

Shuckie (Shuckle)
Spr_2c_213.gif

Lvl. 45
- sludge Bomb
- Sandstorm
- Wrap
- Bide
The biggest surprise of this challenge - hell, probably the biggest surprise in any of my challenges. I thought he was just going to be filler, but he turned out to be the MVP. There's not much that some stallng from Shuckie couldn't solve.

Onto the Kanto half of the Johto challenge! I must say, I really wish I could go straight to Hoenn, Johto is exhausting me. First things first though, I'm gonna go get me a Larvitar.

Teensy Fighting update - I have my final team member.

Shadow (Lucario)
Spr_4p_448.png

Lvl. 23
Steadfast
- Return
- Shadow Ball
- Force Palm
- Bone Rush
Yeah, I'm just traning him up at the moment. Good moveset so far, he will become an integral member of my team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back