• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[RMXP]POKEMON JEWEL VERSION!

maaddogg

Epic spriter in the making!!
Years
Pokemon Jewel Official Thread!!!

pkmlogo.png
Pokemon Jewel Version

Game information
Ozumadrew
Author
Soul++
Team
In heavy development
Status
NONE YET!
Release

ok this game is still in early development as you can see,i just wanted too get it up on here too let everyone get too finally know me and my game ^_^

NOTE:this game is made in RMXP and NOT a hack!!

STORY

IMPROVED VERSION BY RAIKT

Many centuries ago, the land of Nano was ravaged by war. It was not a war of men, however; it was one of Pokemon. Records of this time of strife are seemingly nonexistant, having most of the story been passed on by word of mouth over the centuries. However, the legend can still be heard if you find the right person...

Long ago, in a time of great turmoil, all the Legendaries of the world began fighting with each other. No one is sure what sparked such violence from the worlds protectors, but it was a horrible thing to behold. The earth was scorched and frozen under their powerful attacks. Soon, it seemed, the entire world would be under threat from these mighty beasts. No trainer had the courage to stand up to them. One day, however, a lone man was seen walking out into the middle of a particularly intense battle. Everyone surely thought him mad; saying that he was going to get himself killed. Instead of heeding them and turning back, he pulled out a flute. Putting it to his lips, he proceeded to call forth a haunting, beautiful melody. Almost immediately all of the legendary Pokemon began to calm, their attacks ceasing as they slowly came towards this mysterious man that could soothe their fury.

It's always conflicted on what happened after that; some say that the man dissappeared, never to be seen again. Others say that the legendary Pokemon whisked the man off, to play for them for as long as he could. Still, even fewer say that the man was actually a sorcerer. His song didn't calm the legendaries, but turned them to stone instead and scattered them across the world, to never be seen again...

It Begins

in the region of Nano it is almost every childs dream to become a trainer when they turn 15.But only after they have their trainers license from trainers school can they become one.You wake up on the day of your final exams and get ready for school.your mom wishes you good luck and you rush out of the door.During your final exam battle,there is an eruption from MT.Fatina!!Everyone rushes outside to see what is going on.Since all of the towns trainers are out exploring,your teacher is forced to send his best 4 students to go and see whats happening.You,your rival and 2 others.he brings out a case with 4 pokemon in it and says "pick 1".After that you,your pokemon,and your companions rush up MT.Fatina like lightning defeating every wild pokemon in your way.When you and your companions get to the top you guys see two giant balls of light colliding into each other,you run up closer to get a closer look!!But you are struck by an attack and black out.
You wake up later on in your room with your mom,your teacher,and PROF.Glyn by your side.
The pokemon you have used runs up to you and jumps on your lap,and PROF.Glyn says "you two sure have bonded greatly in such a short time",and from there you begin your journy!

NOTE:THE STORY IS TEMPORARY!

FEATURES

-Pokemon Hunting-
-custom battle system-
-possible dual screen system-
(got it working but still buggy)
-All new region-
-New custom Fakemon-
(havent decided on how many yet)
-tiredness effect-
Spoiler:

-trainer abilities-
Spoiler:

-MORE TO COME!!

MEDIA

Fakemon!
Spoiler:

screenshots
Spoiler:

Videos
Spoiler:

BANNERS

If you support this game then PLEASE add a banner to your signature!,it will help spread the word about the game and keepp us motivated to continue this project ^_^
Spoiler:

CREDITS

POCCIL-starter kit
CrazyNinjaGuy-Dual screen script
~JV~ - CSS Style
Kyledove-tiles
Alucus-tiles
alistair-tiles
please tell me if anyone else needs credit

POKEMON JEWEL NEEDS A TEAM!!
people we need:
scriptors-2 spaces-NEEDED URGENTLY!!
mappers
spriters-1 space
Tile spriter-1 space-NEEDED URGENTLY!!
Story writer
artist
attack animation maker-2 spaces
compiler-1 space
beta testers-2 spaces

Current Team:
maaddogg-spriter & story writer
iPercent-Fakemon Spriter
874521-OW and tile spriter
Demonic Puppeteer-Fakemon spriter
simdu-mapperGone for a while
Florio-Mapper
dudleyspud-Mapper
tylerab01-artist
Raikt-Story writer
Medoshichi-beta tester
Pokemon Opal-beta tester

How To Join:
you can either comment in this thread or on my profile or just pm me,just be sure to include some of your work ^_^

Our Sponsors

DEVSTARGAMES.png

[/CSS-DIV]

Last edited:

Gigatom~

Pokemon Ruthenium Creator ~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 25, 2012
Looks nice so far, but anyone can see that the hero is made from splice.
And one question: will the grass be animatedt ingame?

Gigatom~

maaddogg

Years
Looks nice so far, but anyone can see that the hero is made from splice.
And one question: will the grass be animatedt ingame?

Gigatom~

1-the character is just a temp until i get a spriter on the team or until i get better at spriting(which i am working on currently)

2-yes the grass will be animated ^_^

Gigatom~

Pokemon Ruthenium Creator ~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 25, 2012
1-the character is just a temp until i get a spriter on the team or until i get better at spriting(which i am working on currently)

2-yes the grass will be animated ^_^

Nice idea with the grass animation :).
Okay then, good luck with your project :D

maaddogg

Years
QUICK UPDATE!:

i' been experimenting with crazyninjaguys dual screen script and this is what i have so far

its still in beta and i have not decided if im officially going to use it in the game yet

betadualscreen.png

that is the default resolution of the script,i will reduce it to a better one when i find out how!

i got it to work fine but its still a little buggy,but i should have it working by next week ^_^

-maaddogg

Last edited:

iPercent

Working on a hack
Years
  • Seen May 22, 2010
Love it i support 100% added to my support list =D I also messaged you about me being a spriter =D it has my work and stuff. but I forgot to add MSN and other info!

Years
Hmm not bad I guess, the mapping could do with some work and a few tile mistakes (in the 3rd screen, the tree shadows are brown when they should be green) also, that background on the OP makes it so laggy when scrolling down. I suggest replacing that with just a solid colour. Oh and another thing, that latest screenshot has some tiles that weren't re sized correctly but the WIP dual screen you have is looking good.

maaddogg

Years
thank you SOUL,i didnt notice the mistakes,i will fix them tomorrow

another quick update:

behold the dual screen!!!!
dualscreen2.png

credit-crazyninjaguy

i managed to make the window smaller but i want it to be a wee bit bigger

IN THE NEXT UPDATE:
possibly some fakemon from our new spriter ^_^
possibly a WORKING menu

thanks for weiwing!

-maaddogg

Last edited:

maaddogg

Years
UPDATE ON POKEMON JEWEL:

if everything goes according to plan,all of the team mates helping me work on the game can expect a link to a VERY early beta of the game!! ^_^

if you want the Very early beta also then you can pm me to be a beta tester ^_^
-maaddogg

Last edited:

maaddogg

Years
ANOTHER UPDATE PEOPLE!:

-fakemon from our spriter Demonic Puppeteer added ^_^

-tile glitches are being fixed now!

-ANYONE WHO SEES THIS AND IS A RUBY RGSS SCRIPTOR AND WOULOD LIKE TO SCRIPT FOR THE GAME PLEASE PM ME ^_^

-To All Team Members-
you will receive a copy of the game on Monday April 25,2010 so you guys have something to work with,i would send it to you guys earlier but i am still having trouble with the dual screen so please bare with me ^_^,so on monday check your inboxes for the link

-MAADDOGG

Omn

Moogle King
Years
One thing i noticed is scarpnel cause I have seen the design of that pokemon on Deviantart and did you get permission from the creator of the pokemon and with out of the picture it looks nice the fakemon sprites I find really good.

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
Eeeegh dualscreens. x_x There's a lot of drama about them at the moment, but the general verdict is that if you're going to have mouse-controlled HUD, it probably shouldn't be in a second, same-sized "screen" on the bottom because you're not developing for the DS.

As for your game, you look pretty skilled at programming but the concept needs work (even if it is just adding spaces after periods and spelling "mystic" correctly). Also, drop the "tiredness" and "weight" features; I've seen several RPGs with these and I don't see any point to them. They're negative features, because there's no benefit to not being tired other than avoiding the penalties of being tired, and in this case I think maintaining the player's suspension of disbelief is preferable to punishing them for something they shouldn't have to worry about. It's a game, and games should be fun.

Fix your CSS please, it's practically painful to look at.

maaddogg

Years
Eeeegh dualscreens. x_x There's a lot of drama about them at the moment, but the general verdict is that if you're going to have mouse-controlled HUD, it probably shouldn't be in a second, same-sized "screen" on the bottom because you're not developing for the DS.

As for your game, you look pretty skilled at programming but the concept needs work (even if it is just adding spaces after periods and spelling "mystic" correctly). Also, drop the "tiredness" and "weight" features; I've seen several RPGs with these and I don't see any point to them. They're negative features, because there's no benefit to not being tired other than avoiding the penalties of being tired, and in this case I think maintaining the player's suspension of disbelief is preferable to punishing them for something they shouldn't have to worry about. It's a game, and games should be fun.

Fix your CSS please, it's practically painful to look at.

ok
#1-
i just started the game so things WILL CHANGE!

#2-
thanks for the feedback on the features,i will change some and add some in the future

your comment on my css is pretty harsh,i just started to learn css so please bare with me ^_^

maaddogg

Years
News:

the very early demo has been distributed throughout the games team,if you did not get the demo then please ask for it through a pm!

beta testers will NOT get the early demo because there isnt really anything too test,but we are working on a demo for you guys and you will have one available as soon as things get in order ^_^

-maaddogg

Raikt

Fiction writer.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 19, 2010
If you still need a story writer, I'm available for that position. For a sample... Does it matter what it is? I frequently write stories in my spare time and have a few I could share; or would you prefer it be something Pokemon related? Also, do you want an excerpt or a plot synopsis?

maaddogg

Years
If you still need a story writer, I'm available for that position. For a sample... Does it matter what it is? I frequently write stories in my spare time and have a few I could share; or would you prefer it be something Pokemon related? Also, do you want an excerpt or a plot synopsis?

ok i'll tell you what,write an improved version of the "legend of NANO" plot for the game and pm it too me and if its good i'll put you on the team ^_^

Liraxus

Local Douchebag
Years
OOOH~ Fakemon without names..ok...um...

Sharpedo evolution-Sharwark
Drifblim evolution-Drifnimbus
Spiritomb evolution-Soulsnach
Bonjo..spider...thing...-Spibong
Mewtwo looking thing-Mewzero
Chatot evolution-Sungflew

I love doing those. Its fun. I hope this turns out awesome.

maaddogg

Years
OOOH~ Fakemon without names..ok...um...

Sharpedo evolution-Sharwark
Drifblim evolution-Drifnimbus
Spiritomb evolution-Soulsnach
Bonjo..spider...thing...-Spibong
Mewtwo looking thing-Mewzero
Chatot evolution-Sungflew

I love doing those. Its fun. I hope this turns out awesome.

lol,nice names ^_^,i'll keep those in mind and mention them to the teams spriters lol

Update:
my 2 weeks of midterms are FINALLY OVER!! so i can begin working on the game at full speed again and hopefully have more things to put up on the 1st post by Friday ^_^ so keep watch people!!

and if you support this game then please put a banner in your sig! it will help spread the word and keep us motivated ^_^

-MAADOGG

Back