• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[RMXP] Pokemon LunarVoid

I now plan to include every region in this game. But should I include Orre too?

• Yes

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 28, 2014
pokemonlunarvoidheaderc.png

Hey, brokenxnote here [optimisticxpessimist on deviantArt] with my game that I've been working on for a few months. After the first few months, the game had a terrible accident [just as I said "Oh, I'd better make a backup now, while I'm thinking about it, before something bad happens."] and I had to start all over without any of the maps or events I'd done already. But I've started again, and progress is being made. So let's get this started, shall we?

pokemonlunarvoidstoryth.png

Characters:
-Solomon and Lunara: Hero and Rival, Twin brother and sister
-Terrance: Stay at home dad, ex-Contest Coordinator
-Stella: mom, ex-Gym Leader, current member of the Elite 4
-Professor: Gary Oak

-------------

Story:
You and your sibling have both finished your Pokemon trainer classes, but have been waiting for the right time to go out and start your journey. You, on one hand, don't want to jump into anything you aren't prepared for. Your sibling, on the other hand, doesn't want an unfair advantage in your rivalry to see who can become a Pokemon Master first. You both want the victor to be decided fairly and absolutely. You've been considering talking the situation over with your sibling; that maybe it's finally time to go out and get started. You decide to go on a walk, to clear your head and really think about whether you're ready or not. But on your way out of town, you run into Gary Oak, your towns Professor, trying to fight against two dark and menacing trainers. You run to help, not sure of what you can do, but determined to save the cornered Professor somehow. But from behind, another trainer attacks, forcing you into the same corner as Oak. Now you both are side by side and cornered. Oak pulls three Pokeballs out of his pocket and holds them out to you. "Heh, this isn't exactly how I thought I'd be giving you this, kid, but here, pick one. Looks like you're gonna need it..."

As you take a Pokeball, you notice your sibling over one of your attackers' shoulder. You try to tell them to run, but they are seen before they can escape, and yet another attacker appears, backing them into your corner as well. "Thanks for joinin' the party," Oak tells your sibling, holding the remaining two Pokeballs out to them. "You pick one too. If you two think you can handle those goons over there, I'll take care of these two myself," he says with confidence, and you and your sibling nod silently in agreement. Once you have both finished your battles, you look up to see that Oak has defeated both of his "goons," and they, along with those of you and your sibling, scatter and escape.

Oak compliments both of you on your battling. "I guess you two came out to start your journey then?" he asks you both. "Looks like you're both more than ready to me." You and your sibling look each other in the eye, and in a moment of either silent communication, or twin telepathy, both turn back to Oak, smiling, with a fiery determination in your eyes. "Yup."

Today is the day. You are finally ready to begin your Pokemon journey. You and your twin sibling both seek to be the first to reach the top: The Elite 4. Other trainers have tried; some have failed, some have succeeded. But this journey isn't as simple for you. It is a journey of pride, of tradition, to prove yourselves...
You seek to reach this goal to, in turn, reach your hero, your mother, Stella, ex Gym Leader and current Elite 4 Member. She left home long ago, when you and your sibling were very young, after being nominated to join the Elite 4. And now has come the time for you to prove yourself to her. To show how much you've improved and grown. To show that you, her child, have what it takes to follow in her footsteps and become a Pokemon Master.

But there are more than just Pokemon waiting for you on your journey. On your way, you will face Team Eclipse, an evil organization looking to not only control the world, but every aspect of nature itself. They seek to locate and gain access to the dens of the Nekoseimei [name pending], the group of legendary Pokemon believed to watch over every aspect of nature, and keep them in balance and working order. Should Team Eclipse gain control of one of these Pokemon, they would hold the world at arm's length. Should they control them all, the world may very well end as we know it. Your mother has caught wind of their plans and gone out to try and stop them, and it seems that you, your father, and your sibling may need to join her in her fight, with or without her approval. Will you be able to convince your mother that you can fight this battle along side her? And more importantly, will your family, with the love of Pokemon running through their genes, be able to put an end to the madness Team Eclipse seeks to unleash? There's only one way to find out...

-------------

Story Part 2 [Warning: SPOILERS. Only read this if you plan on giving your critique...or if you're just that curious, I guess you can read it then too.] I thought it was clearer that this was later in the game. My bad. But this is after the 8th Gym/Elite 4. I had mentioned that in my original version of this story, but it didn't save correctly the first time and I lost it and had to retype it. So there may be other things missing too. But this part of the story takes place much later in the game. Don't worry, the evil Teams aren't THAT cocky to just announce their plans at the beginning of the game lmao. They actually are revealed over time, not all at once like it seems. Once again, my bad haha.:

Spoiler:

pokemonlunarvoidfeature.png

-As always, a whole new region to explore.
-Play as one of two twins, face the other as your rival. A new definition of sibling rivalry.
-New Pokemon [Fakemon] to see, capture and train.
-Appearances from, and battles with, some of your favorite Pokemon characters.
-New way to carry Pokemon [Should be fully possible to add in, once I get a scripter, and i just thought of it today. Although it's not like a huge innovation, I'm still pretty exicted about it to be honest. More details to come.]
-Other feature ideas will be revealed when I know for sure that they can be done, and when i can either get a scripter for my team, or learn scripting myself.

pokemonlunarvoidscreens.png

pokemonlunarvoidthreads.png

I have quite a few areas mapped, but due to a problem in the Pokemon Essentials script that I haven't been able to fix or get help fixing yet, I can't open the Test Play, and therefore can't get in-game screenshots. Screens will be posted once the issue is solved. As said above, "I'm workin' on it..." haha.

pokemonlunarvoidprogres.png

pokemonlunarvoidthreadk.png

pokemonlunarvoidthreadj.png

pokemonlunarvoidthreadh.png

pokemonlunarvoidthreadg.png

pokemonlunarvoidthreadt.png

pokemonlunarvoidthreadf.png

pokemonlunarvoidthreadm.png

pokemonlunarvoidteamthr.png

Story:
brokenxnote [Me. "optimisticxpessimist" if the name change feature is ever brought back haha]

Concept Artist:

brokenxnote

Mappers:
brokenxnote

Scripters/Eventers:

Position currently open, some simple eventing done by me.

Spriters:

[Position will be filled by a currently secret person. The wait is only because he is current working on another game around here right now. You can guess who it is, but I ain't tellin' haha. There's also another that i may request help from, but seeing as I haven't asked yet, that clearly isn't official.]

Music:

The filling of this position is also awaiting confirmation. This thread will be updated once I get word back.

pokemonlunarvoidcredits.png

Flameguru and Poccil's Starter Kit
Nintendo

Last edited:

Death5 Shadow

Apocalyptic Salvation
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2012
I just hope that you put just as much work into the game as you did your post. Good luck man can't say much yet.

Raikt

Fiction writer.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 19, 2010
I like the story so far. It's got a certain flair to it. Gary Oak being the professor is something I approve of, even if the introduction is somewhat similar to RSE. (Only they are trainers and not Pokemon.) Still, it's evident you put a lot of thought into it.

I'll keep my eye on your posts.

The only thing that bothers me, or irks me really, is the team. Like most teams on here, I feel it is just uninspired or shoved into the story because "all Pokemon games have them". Honestly, they are just Team Rocket / Galactic / Magma / Aqua with a different name and tweaked goals. Also; the Pokemon controlling every aspect of nature? What exactly does that encompass? Because, most legendaries already fit that role. Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza cover the Water, Earth, and Skies respectively. Lugia controls currents. Ho-Oh controls fire and rebirth. (Loosely) While Shaymin controls flowers. I think you see where I'm going.

It's not ripping on you so much as wanting to see something unique and different in your story. The basis of it is already solid, and I enjoyed it, so I'd like to see that continue throughout the rest of the game.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 28, 2014
Looks intresting, will screenshots be up soon?

No, I need to fix this script first somehow.

I like the story so far. It's got a certain flair to it. Gary Oak being the professor is something I approve of, even if the introduction is somewhat similar to RSE. (Only they are trainers and not Pokemon.) Still, it's evident you put a lot of thought into it.

I'll keep my eye on your posts.

The only thing that bothers me, or irks me really, is the team. Like most teams on here, I feel it is just uninspired or shoved into the story because "all Pokemon games have them". Honestly, they are just Team Rocket / Galactic / Magma / Aqua with a different name and tweaked goals. Also; the Pokemon controlling every aspect of nature? What exactly does that encompass? Because, most legendaries already fit that role. Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza cover the Water, Earth, and Skies respectively. Lugia controls currents. Ho-Oh controls fire and rebirth. (Loosely) While Shaymin controls flowers. I think you see where I'm going.

It's not ripping on you so much as wanting to see something unique and different in your story. The basis of it is already solid, and I enjoyed it, so I'd like to see that continue throughout the rest of the game.

-Thank you :D I like having Gary be the Professor too. It's something that I thought Nintendo would've done by now, considering the anime storyline, but I guess not. Oh well, leaves it for me to use haha.

-The team will actually have a deeper story than in official games. Expect them to be more involved in the actual storyline than it seems. I just don't want to give away too much of the story, or else what will be left to surprise the players of the game? ;] haha

-The legendaries are actually an old idea, and I did think of Groundon and Kyogre while writing the story for my thread. However, I do have ideas as to how to avoid continuity issues with the canon of the official story, so expect that in a future update. I'm working on it in Notepad right now actually.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 28, 2014
Hey everyone. Time for an update? Sure, why not haha.
I'll try to update you guys whenever I make significant progress in either ideas, maps, or designs. Also, whenever new team members are added.

Updates for now:
-Seeing as I cant get any screens for you guys, the least I can do is show some maps right? So expect those to be updated, most likely on Saturday.

-A few new feature ideas that I'm working on. I'm VERY sure that they're all possible so far, and I hope and expect that you guys'll like 'em [or at least some of them haha.

-Good news on one front of progress: I'm done designing Badges. I'll be adding those as well.

-If you're wondering why I'm telling you that I have updates, instead of actually showing you, it's because my summer vacation doesn't start for two weeks, so I'm still kind of busy. But instead of letting the thread idle for weeks, I want to keep you guys updated on what I'm doing in my procrastination time. Once summer is started, expect updates a little more often, and expect them to be a little more telling than "I have a bunch of things to show you guys but I'm not gonna actually show you any of them cuz I don't have time...TEEHEE :P." I haven't uploaded any images about the game here or to deviantart, but expect that to change soon enough, with updates going up on both sites. There are a few Fakemon designs on my deviantart account, so if you wanna see 'em, just go here: http://optimisticxpessimist.deviantart.com and look through my gallery to see my designs [some of them are kind of old and HAVE been revamped, but as I said, no time to upload because I'm a stickler for uploading when I have time to do things exactly right and leave out as little as possible. Also, I'm sans scanner, so using a camera phone to get the pics from paper to Photoshop is a bit frustrating too haha.]

That's about it for now. Can't wait to let you guys see the ideas I've got going. And don't forget, if you're a scripter or know a scripter who's currently free and will be able to help out with the project, don't hesitate to PM me and/or send them my way. Definitely gonna need the help in that area, especially now that I've got these new item and iPoke ideas...wait did I say iPoke? [like many other designers seem to have said lol]. Well ain't that just a little spoiler. But don't worry about the repition of the iPoke. I've got new app ideas that haven't been done yet. But until I can get the time to upload, I suppose you guys will just have to go off of what I said in this post. Later :].

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 28, 2014
Good news again: I've got time to do some updating today, so you guys won't have to wait to see EVERY idea/drawing/concept I've got in the works.

Because I want that last post listing updates to be separate from the actual updates themselves, I'll post the updates in a second post:

-First off, the badges are now complete:

Spoiler:

I personally really like how they're designed :D *proud* haha.

-Secondly, I had second thoughts about revealing the app ideas that I had. Not that I want to be selfish and not share my ideas, but I also don't want said ideas to be revealed where they can be potentially taken and used before my own game is even beta released. But I'll release the ideas for now, and hope that no one comes along and steals any of the more unique ideas:

Spoiler:

-Next, here's some maps. Any RSE-FRLG mixup's will be fixed in time, but please point them out if you see them because I have a hard time telling the difference when it comes to certain tiles:
Spoiler:

There are some other maps, but they aren't being released for a few different reasons. Some are just routes, Pokecenters, and Marts. Others have something I want to edit out or in. Things like that. You'll see 'em in due time haha.

That's it for now. See ya next update.

Delusions of Originality

good night, sleep tight
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 3, 2024
Oh, I know you. Sort of. You run that fakemon club on dA I joined a while ago. :P

The screenshots look pretty decent for this early point in development, but can I suggest resizing them before posting them? They stretch the screen and it's hard for viewers to take everything in at once.

You've got some pretty cool fakemon overall; I'm looking forward to seeing what'll be in this game specifically.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 28, 2014
Oh, I know you. Sort of. You run that fakemon club on dA I joined a while ago. :P

The screenshots look pretty decent for this early point in development, but can I suggest resizing them before posting them? They stretch the screen and it's hard for viewers to take everything in at once.

You've got some pretty cool fakemon overall; I'm looking forward to seeing what'll be in this game specifically.

Thanks for your input, and thanks for telling me about the screenshot size issue too. My laptop has a pretty large sized screen so I didn't even realize it. I'll get around to fixing it eventually.

---

Anyway, I figured I'd let those who are following this thread know what I've been doing, as I said in my previous update.

As for what I'm currently working on, I'm mostly focusing on the Pokedex listing, the concept art and the plot. Seeing as i have Fakemon, I want to be sure to know the Dex entry for each, and to have a decent concept of their appearances and abilities. Also, i want to have a decent amount of official Pokemon in there too, so I have to focus on getting the Dex balanced in that area and decide which official Pokemon to include in this game. Any suggestions on HOW to decide which official Pokemon to include [not suggestions on WHAT to include] would be appreciated, although I have made sure to include a few staple Pokemon along with the previous forms of my own Fakemon and anything those previous forms can evolve into.

As for the plot, the only part I really need to add, as opposed to editing, is the after-math plot, or more specifically put: the plot for the one legendary left to catch once you've dealt with Team Eclipse and the Nekoseimei. I've got that part of the plot pretty much written in my head, but I don't want to spoil it by just laying it out here. However, I'll just give you the vague hint that this last legendary sidequest is similar to a certain quest found in Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness. I don't know if any of you will actually guess which quest I'm referring to, but at least I gave you a hint ;P.

In terms of concept art, I've got the main two heroes designed, and I've got some generator-made designs of the Gym Leaders and E4, but I don't want to post those until I draw them myself. Of course, if you guys actually want to see those rough drafts, I'd be glad to post them. Also, I'm working on concept art of that "Innovation to carrying Pokemon" that I mentioned earlier. I'm not sure how well it'll be accepted, but I'm personally a fan of the idea. I'll give a bit more detail about it once i get the art for it done.

Finally, but certainly not least, I DESPERATELY need a scripter who knows their way around RMXP and Poccil's Starter Kit. The game won't make any progress without me being able to playtest it for errors, or without anyone to program in the features. So if you know of any scripters who could possibly help, let me know so I can contact them.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 28, 2014
A quick question for those who are keeping their eye on this thread:

Due to the Pokemon limitations of having one region, I plan on having every official region eventually accessible as part of the storyline [I didn't want to add the extra regions just for the sake of having every Pokemon in the game, so I adjusted the plot to fit them all in. It actually makes a lot more sense now with the adjustment]. But what I wonder is, should I include a pixel-adapted version of Orre in it? I'd need custom sprites, but it'd be interesting to have Orre in the game. Also, it'd add just a little to the storyline, but it'd be pretty much optional. If I even added it at all, I'd add it at the very end of production of the game, when it was already off the ground. So if you could, vote in the poll on whether or not you think I should bother including Orre.

ignore the poll, i changed my mind after trying to actually make Orre work. I don;t like it anymore than I did at first. anyone know how to remove a poll? o_o

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 28, 2014
This Game looks cool. I hope it has the Orre region in it

Wow. This will be fun to play! Hope you add orre. Please?

Guys, seriously, I made an update post RIGHT ABOVE where you posted your questions about why I won't be doing Orre. Of course, my mind COULD change toward the end of the project, when I have a spriter and we can just add extra features. A Special Edition perhaps. But until then, which will be much later, refer to the update post in which I said: I will not be doing Orre, as of now. It's too hard to translate the 3D graphics into the format of the handheld games. That's what I put the update there for: for you guys to read it. :\

Anyway, in other news, I'm making REALLY good progress on re-spriting the other regions. I'm working on Hoenn at the moment. I'd post maps in an update, but that'd be pretty redundant since they're just the same maps you've seen in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, except with FRLG graphics. I'll let you guys know when I've finished work on that, because that'll be when I go back to mapping Gala Region. I needed a break from mapping the new region because I could feel myself getting burnt out on it.

By the way, to those of you who have posted here, thanks for all the support so far guys, really. It means a lot. I know there's not a lot to be seen, in terms of screenshots and all. Personally, a thread without those is one of my small pet peeves. But as soon as I can figure out what's wrong and get some eventing done one way or another, you'll be seeing those screens. Thanks for supporting when there's not much to support yet. I can only hope and try my best to not let that support go to waste.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 28, 2014
Bumping the thread for the progress bars being added to the fist post now. Made them at the same time as all of the headers but didn't add them 'cuz I hadn't made enough progress, in my opinion.

EDIT: Also added part 2 to the story. I advise that you only read it if you're critiquing my storyline, otherwise you'll get a big storyline spoiler for no reason at all.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
First off that Is a nice plot I really like it. Gray as Prof. Is pretty awsome aswell! The Badges Look simply AMAZING wish I knew how to those myself. I'm gonna take a look at the fakemon in a min. The maps arent too great and could be greatly improved. I know you can do it though. Once you get the mapping down this will be a pretty great game. I'll post more later!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 28, 2014
First off that Is a nice plot I really like it. Gray as Prof. Is pretty awsome aswell! The Badges Look simply AMAZING wish I knew how to those myself. I'm gonna take a look at the fakemon in a min. The maps arent too great and could be greatly improved. I know you can do it though. Once you get the mapping down this will be a pretty great game. I'll post more later!

Thanks, glad you like it :D.

Yeah, I'm not too great at mapping. Total beginner. Right now I'm remapping those other regions, so I'm getting a bit of practice from that. And if you have badge ideas in mind, I could make em if you want. Just need the Gym descriptions, and if the badges have names already it'd help.

Years
I like this idea so far! The only thing(s) I have issue with are this:

-the introduction of the team(s) in your first post seems a little juvial...and illogical, maube they should wait until they have some power (aka later in the game) before they announce their plans to everyone? Or maybe they should stay under a Cover Identity with a more..misleading speech to start out with? (Aka, they have a FigureHead on the TV news annouceing that <coverupcompany> will be working on a "New and Glorious future" with the help of "Partners from other Regions" to work for the "good of all humanity") and the Prof. says "Mayybe you should keep ypur eye on these guys too...ok?"....

2: the mapping of the towns seems very...sparce and a lot of extra/ un-needed/empy space, but thats easily fixable.

anyways just some hints xD feel free to ignore

Years
The plot seems kind of cliche BADGUYSOHNO, I think you should definitely put more thought into it. Everyone knows that once the bad guys announce their unbeatable plan, they're going to fail. I mean come on, its pretty obvious. Maybe the protagonist discovers the amalgamation in his quest. I don't think his adventure should be initiated by this.

Feel free to follow (or not) my advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back