• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2011
be a fire red hack. i need to know how to change the picture of the character sprite. like when you're choosing wether you're a boy or girl, I need to change those pictures. so if anyone could help, then thanks.

fengshen

fengshen113
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2012
Pointers to trainer data are at 0x39D3B in Red; the actual data appear a little later.

There are two types of trainers.

If the first byte is $FF, then every next two bytes are a level and species. These trainers will use special moves.
If the first byte is not $FF, then it represents the level and all following bytes are species.

How the game adds special moves to a team is more complicated, and I won't go into it in this post. However, it is much easier in Yellow than in Red. You can read more details here, here, and here.
I have found the locations of the moves. Thanks for your information:)

There is another question. Special trainers like gym leaders may also use items in a battle. For example, Misty will give her pokemon X Defends when battling. Is there an easy way to change the items that the trainers use?

Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2023
Question Solved.
I'm leaving it here for those who may need
Hi guys.
I need to edit that double battle with Steven in Emerald (in Mossdeep City, vs. Maxie and Tabitha)
However, the whole script is made upon special commands.

Answer: Maxie battle is 0x2DE, Tabitha is 0x202. Had to search it manually

Last edited:

masterquestmq

Enthusiastic Rom Hacker
Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Trainer sprite

According to Advance Trainer
there are about 147 different trainer sprites to chosse form

my question is, can we add more trainer sprites without replacing the old ones?

thanks in advance.

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
Years
Hey,
Got another problem here at hand, i kinda forgot how to solve this after a long time of not hacking.
Basically i insert new tiles, but for me, i would love to have a completely new tileset so i just remove all the other tiles upon saving the tileset.
Then i insert the tiles i want, i finish inserting,
Now the problem is the behaviour and backgrounds bytes are all messed up, but i can easily fix that by just changing the byte [ But such tedious stuff ]
Anyway the major problem i have now is that the animation for the previous tileset is still there, i thouught by removing all the tiles i will remove the animation too but it did not go off..
Now when run my rom on vba, there will be random animations all over the map..
Hope i can get help on this soon.

Regards,
Ace's

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
I have found the locations of the moves. Thanks for your information:)

There is another question. Special trainers like gym leaders may also use items in a battle. For example, Misty will give her pokemon X Defends when battling. Is there an easy way to change the items that the trainers use?

There is a way, but it is probably not easy for a beginner.

Trainer AI (which affects how they switch Pokémon and use items) is written in Z80 assembly, the programming language Game Freak used to write the game. Here is an excerpt from a link I posted earlier:
Code:
BrockAI:
; if his active monster has a status condition, use a full heal
	ld a,[W_OPPONENTSTATUS]
	and a
	ret z
	jp AIUseFullHeal

This is a routine named "BrockAI" that checks the status of his active Pokémon. If it has no status conditions, nothing happens. Otherwise, it goes to this routine:
Code:
AIUseFullHeal:
	call $669B
	call AICureStatus
	ld a,FULL_HEAL
	jp AIPrintItemUse
This routine goes to a routine that cures the status condition, then comes back and goes to a different routine that prints the name of an item: in this case, Full Heal.

It's extremely easy to change the name of the item being used—just use a different constant instead of FULL_HEAL here. Changing what actually happens means using some programming logic to change what routines get called when. This is not hard if you know what you're doing.

The above code exists in the ROM. E.g., the "AIRecoverHP" routine is at offset 0x3a6da and looks like "ea 05 cf 21 e7 cf 7e ea eb ce 80 32 ea ed ce 7e ea ec ce ea ee ce 30 05 3c 77 ea ee ce 23…" in a hex editor.

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
Years
"Ignore my previous question"
Anyway here's another problem,
In-game, my hero head walk below the house tile
But after i set the background byte of the bottom part of the house " Block Is Covered By Hero " The tile i put the byte to will not appear in-game
I will post here a few pics for better understanding of my situation.

In Advance Map[ Sorry for some part blank, dont want to really show my other tiles at the moment ]:
gfh.png

As you can see, i already changed the background byte to 00 20. But when in-game this part of the house tile will not appear in-game except that it will be the grass instead[ Do Not have the picture ].
In-Game:
CopyofPokemonDimensionLegendsAlternateWorlds.png

When in-game , the hero head still go below the house, this is the same for almost all the the tiles, the trees, signpost,lamps.
But if i were to put "Block is covered by hero", the tile i put the byte to will not appear in-game except it will be replace by the grass tile[ Dont have the pic now, if want request it ].
But the weird thing is that even when i try to test whats wrong, i remove the grass as the down for the house tile instead just use black background, still in-game, the part of the house tile still dont appear but instead of black tile to replace it, it is still the green grass which take its position

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2011
Please, no one laugh at me, as this is my first post on the site but, when I look at the bottom of the page and I want to download the attatchments, why are they in .ips format? What do I do with these? I'm trying to put Pokemon Ruby Destiny: Reign of Legends on my psp gba emulator, and I'm pretty sure that I need the file to be in .gba format.

Can anyone help me?

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
Years
Please, no one laugh at me, as this is my first post on the site but, when I look at the bottom of the page and I want to download the attatchments, why are they in .ips format? What do I do with these? I'm trying to put Pokemon Ruby Destiny: Reign of Legends on my psp gba emulator, and I'm pretty sure that I need the file to be in .gba format.

Can anyone help me?
Use the Lips[ Lunar Ips ] program to patch the ips file onto a clean rom[ of what the hack stated ]
google Lips[ Lunar Ips ] to patch the ips, you should be able to find it.

fengshen

fengshen113
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2012
There is a way, but it is probably not easy for a beginner.

Trainer AI (which affects how they switch Pokémon and use items) is written in Z80 assembly, the programming language Game Freak used to write the game. Here is an excerpt from a link I posted earlier:
Code:
BrockAI:
; if his active monster has a status condition, use a full heal
	ld a,[W_OPPONENTSTATUS]
	and a
	ret z
	jp AIUseFullHeal

This is a routine named "BrockAI" that checks the status of his active Pokémon. If it has no status conditions, nothing happens. Otherwise, it goes to this routine:
Code:
AIUseFullHeal:
	call $669B
	call AICureStatus
	ld a,FULL_HEAL
	jp AIPrintItemUse
This routine goes to a routine that cures the status condition, then comes back and goes to a different routine that prints the name of an item: in this case, Full Heal.

It's extremely easy to change the name of the item being used—just use a different constant instead of FULL_HEAL here. Changing what actually happens means using some programming logic to change what routines get called when. This is not hard if you know what you're doing.

The above code exists in the ROM. E.g., the "AIRecoverHP" routine is at offset 0x3a6da and looks like "ea 05 cf 21 e7 cf 7e ea eb ce 80 32 ea ed ce 7e ea ec ce ea ee ce 30 05 3c 77 ea ee ce 23…" in a hex editor.
Question solved. Thanks for your great help:)

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
Years
I've posted this before but didn't get the help required so i'll ask it again..

My advanced text will not open. I've watched various videos on youtube on 'how to get advanced textto work' but none have worked.

I would greatly appreciate any help given.

Thanks in advance,
TurkishDelight.

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
Years
Ignore my previous question also..
anyway,
Could you guys point out on the main tileset the animation is place because in-game the animation from previous tileset is showing up randomly ingame..
could you guys use the main tileset pic and point out..sorry
could i like remove the animation so it wont appear in-game?
CopyofPokemon-FireRedVersionUSA.png

Its not just here but all around the map, there is also other animations available like water, andmore

Last edited:

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
Im using VBA w/ wireless adapter update/patch, w.e, and I cant save Fire Red In game (start/save), only save Shft+F1? Why & how can i fix it?
You need to change the save type from 64kb Flash to 128kb Flash.

Options menu > Emulator > Save Type > FLASH 128 KB
I've posted this before but didn't get the help required so i'll ask it again..

My advanced text will not open. I've watched various videos on youtube on 'how to get advanced textto work' but none have worked.

I would greatly appreciate any help given.

Thanks in advance,
TurkishDelight.
You should tell us what operating system you're running.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 12, 2011
Is there a way to accurately implement the PokéGear function(including radio, phone, map, and time functions) in Pokémon LF/FR?

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
Is there a way to accurately implement the PokéGear function(including radio, phone, map, and time functions) in Pokémon LF/FR?

No way that has been found thus far. The only/best way would be to rewrite it, probably. And nobody really wants to do that. Since it's from a different generation it can't just be copied over. :\

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 12, 2011
Ok, well thanx. By looking into the Research and Development forum in this section. My best bet for Pokégear emulation would be: Use PKMN Emerald(or possibly use JPAN's Hacked FR engine?)

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
I can't seem to find an answer for this one,
but how do you place your own tiles onto Advance Map?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back