• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2011
Sky, sorry for the question. But where can i get a Torchic? Or a Chimchar? Thank you. And sorry Again.

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2015
weslay you have really done a GREAT JOB!!!!!!!
i would like to ask something.....the story is like the real platinum for ds or its from Weslay's imagination???? if it from his imagination then he is realy BRILLIANT PERSON with GREAT imagination.

Years
  • Seen May 7, 2011
Rock Climb Pokemon Light Platinum?

Does anyone know where to find the TM Rock Climb in Pokemon Light Platinum? I can't advance into Mt. Lauren without it, and its kind of frustrating me. Your responses are appreciated. Thanks.
progress.gif
http://174.133.255.180/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=6619453

Steeldude

Ace Trainer
Years
By the way, I have Wesley's permission.

Well, that's nice, but I would appreciate if you didn't make any changes. Save them for the X version or whatever you are planning. But I guess people want to play the original game, how it was programmed by Wesley, not your modified version (which is not a problem, but that would be the X one or how you call it, not this one).

The only thing I would change is music during GYM battles and E4 + champion, because there is always a Trainer Theme, not GYM Theme/E4 Theme.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Well, that's nice, but I would appreciate if you didn't make any changes. Save them for the X version or whatever you are planning. But I guess people want to play the original game, how it was programmed by Wesley, not your modified version (which is not a problem, but that would be the X one or how you call it, not this one).

The only thing I would change is music during GYM battles and E4 + champion, because there is always a Trainer Theme, not GYM Theme/E4 Theme.

I'm talking about changes being made to new PKMN, not Trainers.
The Trainers in the original version are too hard.

Eg. A Gym Trainer in Groment City Gym had Lv. 38 PKMN
while Atlur (The Leader) had Lv. 44 - 46 PKMN.

The Trainers were too weak. So I had to make them stronger.
So now, the Trainers will have Lv. 41 - 42 PKMN in Groment Gym.
The Trainers will be stronger now.

I've changed the music for the Gym Leaders as I've did before in
my translated versions.

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2011
Hello guys !!
Hope you'll be able to help me, I have a simple question : where can I get the world map ? Who's supposing to give it to me ?

darkbelgian

Belgian pokémaster xD
Years
Timing

First of all i wanna thank Sarcastic Prince for his will and endurance to translate the game for us in English so we're all possible to understand the storyline from it.

As many peeps already asked before, I'd like to know when it will be released. I do not need to know an exact date, but more like "by the end of the week"/"next week"/"next month"... This would give most of us an idea of how long it should take for us to wait before being able to play it.

A completely different remark: there are 2 VERSIONS of this game! There already is an english version of an older light platinum game, which is quite good (and in my opinion even better than the new one, since you can catch legendary pokemon during your whole journey, and not just when you defeated all the leagues). The new version is only available in portuguese and is completely different. I advice people who have questions about the game to tell us which version they're playing, because it's easier to help you this way (eg. Keckleon is from the older light platinum version)

GL to those who are helping improving the game in all possible ways.

For those who didn't play it yet, it's a must, because both the old and the new version are a beauty ;D

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
First of all i wanna thank Sarcastic Prince for his will and endurance to translate the game for us in English so we're all possible to understand the storyline from it.

As many peeps already asked before, I'd like to know when it will be released. I do not need to know an exact date, but more like "by the end of the week"/"next week"/"next month"... This would give most of us an idea of how long it should take for us to wait before being able to play it.

A completely different remark: there are 2 VERSIONS of this game! There already is an english version of an older light platinum game, which is quite good (and in my opinion even better than the new one, since you can catch legendary pokemon during your whole journey, and not just when you defeated all the leagues). The new version is only available in portuguese and is completely different. I advice people who have questions about the game to tell us which version they're playing, because it's easier to help you this way (eg. Keckleon is from the older light platinum version)

GL to those who are helping improving the game in all possible ways.

For those who didn't play it yet, it's a must, because both the old and the new version are a beauty ;D

Finally! There's somebody who is supporting me instead of SBP.
Although I'm still far from finishing the translation, I believe that
once it is finished, everyone will download it and play it without getting stuck.

Years
  • Seen Sep 22, 2016
Finally! There's somebody who is supporting me instead of SBP.
Although I'm still far from finishing the translation, I believe that
once it is finished, everyone will download it and play it without getting stuck.

i suport you too and the changes you are going make except some names(somewhare i read that you are going to name a trainer lackie or something like this:disappoin

Years
By the way on the World Pokemon Championship how many random trainers can you battle in the first three rounds? I'm guessing three since I only have played the Complete Version once, and there are three random people A.K.A. Zhery & Lauren rivals and Champions to battle on Rounds 4-6.

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2011
Where I can find pokemon which escaped from zoo?
i found only shinx,where i can find steelix and other pokemons?

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
i suport you too and the changes you are going make except some names(somewhare i read that you are going to name a trainer lackie or something like this:disappoin

Yes. I'm going to change some names.
But unfortunately, I'm not going to name a trainer Lackie.
It's actually Lakie (The 3rd Gym Leader of Zheri) changed from Lucas.
The name change is made because "Diamond" is actually Lucas (Kenta is Ethan); and I don't
like Trainers sharing the same name, so I changed it.

Another reason to why I've done this because the name "Lakie" has something
related to the type of the Gym (Water)

Name origin: Comes from "lake".

Anyways, I've made a minor name change to the 6th Gym Leader of Zheri:
1. Rayner ----> Voltige
Name origin: Comes from "Volt".

Anyways, Lackie is going to be a random trainer.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2011
Hi all

I have another one little question (or two :p) :
-Electivire is it obtainable ? If yes, how can I have it ? Lvl evolution from electabuzz ?

-Where can I find a Mareep ?

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Hi all

I have another one little question (or two :p) :
-Electivire is it obtainable ? If yes, how can I have it ? Lvl evolution from electabuzz ?

-Where can I find a Mareep ?

Electivire can be evolved through Electabuzz through level evolution (Lv.45)
in the English version.
Mareep can be found in Route 407 in the English version.

Years
From what I remember in Pokemon Heart Gold & Soul Silver some trainers shared the same name in Kanto with some in Johto. For example their is a Ace Trainer Piper in Dragon's Den and a Picnicker Piper in Route 13. It makes since since you are in two different regions. Will it be like that for LP as in trainers in Lauren sharing the same name of some trainers in Zhery? Also has the music been edited to have more appropriate music in places they belong? Example: Seanport should have Slateport's instead of Mauville's since it is a port city. Maybe have the Abandoned Ship music for the Lighthouse since it fits with GSC/HGSS Lighthouse theme. Just a suggestion, you don't have to go with it.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
From what I remember in Pokemon Heart Gold & Soul Silver some trainers shared the same name in Kanto with some in Johto. For example their is a Ace Trainer Piper in Dragon's Den and a Picnicker Piper in Route 13. It makes since since you are in two different regions. Will it be like that for LP as in trainers in Lauren sharing the same name of some trainers in Zhery? Also has the music been edited to have more appropriate music in places they belong? Example: Seanport should have Slateport's instead of Mauville's since it is a port city. Maybe have the Abandoned Ship music for the Lighthouse since it fits with GSC/HGSS Lighthouse theme. Just a suggestion, you don't have to go with it.

Yes, I'll change the music so that the cities and places
will change appropriate music. Unfortunately, Trainers will not share any
names at all. All of them will have a new name. (Custom)
Also, since I hate the cave and forest music in R/S/E, the caves and forests will either have the Game Corner, Lilycove Museum or the Slateport Museum music.

Thx for your answer, but what english version ?

The English version is the translation of LP. It is heavily edited in Trainer names and Pokédex entries.
Also, all Trainer sprites will match their OWs,
unlike the original LP.

Back