• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Card of the Week 12/2/2012 Shaymin 5/99 Next Destinies

Years
The idea of Card of the Week is to rate cards on just about any aspect you wish. Just keep it PG/PG-13 and rate only the card posted in the first post of a given week's Card of the Week thread!
IMAG0333.jpg

Some questions to get you started:
What decks is this useful in?
What cards does it combo well with?
What do you think about the card's capabilities?
What do you think about the card art?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Looks like it'd be kinda useful for making a comeback if you weren't getting good draws in the beginning and your opponent got some KOs on you. But idk, it's not really spectacular to me, though I'm no pro in rating TCG cards by playability. I mean, it's got a niche, but eh. I don't like having to use an attack to be able to attach energies. I can't think of anything specific, but I feel like there are trainers and PokePowers/Bodies that already do that without having to use your attack for the turn.

It's a pretty card though, and I'd like to have it just for collectability's sake.

Years
You're not too far off Sydian. Shaymin is really only used in Hydreigon Darkrai builds and that is because you can drop it out of nowhere and move the necessary energy onto it for a surprise KO. Shaymin does well to counter Terrakion as after you are down two prizes, Shaymin clean OHKOs it. Synthesis is never really used, it's all about the Revenge Blast. Shaymin also makes for a great final attacker as it can swing for 150 / 180 damage towards the final stages of a match. All in all, it is a niche card but it makes for a sweet tech in my opinion for the HD deck.

Back