• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Questions & Answers / "Where do I post this?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I don't see it, but I think it's style-specific. Try surrounding your entire signature with:

[div="width:___px;height:___px;overflow:hidden;"][/div]

Of course fill in the ___ with the actual width and height. If you already have a div surrounding everything, try adding the overflow:hidden; attribute.

Demon Days

Element of Magic
Years
I don't see it, but I think it's style-specific. Try surrounding your entire signature with:

[div="width:___px;height:___px;overflow:hidden;"][/div]

Of course fill in the ___ with the actual width and height. If you already have a div surrounding everything, try adding the overflow:hidden; attribute.
Huh, that worked perfectly. Thank you!

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Do I announce my hack to the Progressing Hacks section of the Emulation category too?
And by announce, I mean just giving out my plans, features, storylines (it's just beginning) and asking for help??
And that means no screenshots yet because, obviously, it's just an announcement...
I think this would fit the Team Discussions. If you want to gather a team to make your hack, go ahead and post it there. Just read the rules.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
How do I make my video profile stop auto-playing?

It wasn't doing it earlier. I haven't touched anything either, so I don't understand why it's started running by itself lol

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
This thread should answer your question. While auto-playing is against the rules here, until this is resolved, you shouldn't receive any disciplinary action for it.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
How do I add an image to my blog title?

Some people have images. I tried adding one, though, and it doesn't show up. It doesn't even show the img tags, as if it were disabled.

:\?

tigerBLADE

1000://PowHammers
Years
How do I add an image to my blog title?

Some people have images. I tried adding one, though, and it doesn't show up. It doesn't even show the img tags, as if it were disabled.

:\?

Just to clarify, do you mean blogs like this one where it has the that image with the blue text and symbols? If so, that's the blog description; you can add images to that. It should work unless there's a problem with the image your trying to wrap tags around.

If this isn't what you meant, then... can you show us an example? :)

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
Just to clarify, do you mean blogs like this one where it has the that image with the blue text and symbols? If so, that's the blog description; you can add images to that. It should work unless there's a problem with the image your trying to wrap tags around.

If this isn't what you meant, then... can you show us an example? :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I went into Blog Descriptions.

It currently looks like this:

[IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/291bwv6.png

But as you can see at the top (and if you go to my Blog atm lol), there's no image.

tigerBLADE

1000://PowHammers
Years
Spoiler:

This is the image, right? (I copied the IMG code from what you've typed).

You should use the shared link codes from tinypic. Like here, the image wasn't filed under as a 'png' or 'jpg' or anything, so, just grab the codes that tinypic shared, and you should have the image. Or, just in other words,

http://i43.tinypic.com/6glhcl.jpg

I hope that's better? :)

Last edited:

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
Ah, doy! I thought I had copied the right link lol >_< /noob-error

Thanks, tiger. I thought maybe it required higher supportership...

Years
Hey, quick question here:

I found an "Avatar Pic" (yes, it is a pun, that's why I like it :) ) I would like to use, and I would like to respect the artists request to link back to her gallery in DeviantArt when using her image. The gallery in question contains nothing inappropriate or offensive, is it cool if I link to it in my sig? If not, no big deal, I'll find another image, if so, cool, I just didn't want to add the link before making sure I wasn't violating any guidelines or anything like that by doing so. For what it's worth (in case anyone wasn't already aware) I can be confident no such material would be easily accessible to innocent eyes in the future even if the artist in question (Drastically) changed the nature of her art, because DeviantArt filters that kind of stuff, and to disable said filter, you must first create an account, so I'm not too worried about creating the link today and being accused of linking to explicit images tomorrow.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Hey, quick question here:

I found an "Avatar Pic" (yes, it is a pun, that's why I like it :) ) I would like to use, and I would like to respect the artists request to link back to her gallery in DeviantArt when using her image. The gallery in question contains nothing inappropriate or offensive, is it cool if I link to it in my sig? If not, no big deal, I'll find another image, if so, cool, I just didn't want to add the link before making sure I wasn't violating any guidelines or anything like that by doing so. For what it's worth (in case anyone wasn't already aware) I can be confident no such material would be easily accessible to innocent eyes in the future even if the artist in question (Drastically) changed the nature of her art, because DeviantArt filters that kind of stuff, and to disable said filter, you must first create an account, so I'm not too worried about creating the link today and being accused of linking to explicit images tomorrow.

Yes, you can absolutely accredit an artist for something you're using!

Years
Cool, thanks for the response! I definitely wanted to accredit the artist, just wasn't sure if links were ok, and hate messing up, so I definitely appreciate you helping me make sure I'm not doing something to get myself in trouble!

Honest

Hi!
Years
The PC-wide rule on character limits is that it has to be a minimum of both 4 words as well as 25 characters. As for a maximum, I don't think I've ever encountered one myself. Don't think one exists. Don't quote me on that though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back