• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Manga Caption Contest! week 30

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen yesterday

Pokémon Manga Caption Contest!

Welcome! In this thread, I will present to you a panel from a pokémon manga, and it's your job to come up with what the characters in the panel are saying. It's a caption contest! If it goes well, this will return with new panels every week.

NOTE: it's not a guessing contest, it's a creative contest! Even if there are speech bubbles in the actual manga panel, you are supposed to come up with a new line of text (or several) that just fits with the picture somehow - according to you!

The winner will be smugly featured in my (Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers) signature for a week as well get the chance to help me judging next week's winner and what new panel to use! Now, isn't that glamorous?

Judges, week 30: Manga Reader X & Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers

Rules

• Abide by PokéCommunity's rules. Such as minimum 4 words / post and no vulgarities.
  • You can only submit one caption / week, and the winner will be announced around Saturday.
  • You can of course not submit the same caption as someone else. And make sure not just one word is changed or something - be original!
  • Your caption can either be what the characters are saying OR another line of text or series of words that you think fit with the panel of the week. It's up to your imagination!
  • Post your entry in this thread. VM/PM any questions to me. If you want to chit-chat - go to the List & Chit-chat thread!

Panel #2

2_zpsd3866082.png

This week's panel is from the Pokémon Special/Adventures manga, which is probably the manga many think of when they talk pokémon. The girl in the picture is named Blue (or Green, depending on your preferences).

NOTE: even though this could invite to some kind of vulgar or obscene caption, do keep it on PG level, please. There is a great difference between funny, harmless suggestiveness and blatantly obscene stuff.

Good luck~​

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Speech bubble: Special offer: Get two Poké Balls for the price of one! Grab 'em while you still can!
Caption: Wow, these new Poké Ball ads are just getting more and more extreme...

A quick disclaimer:
I'm only doing this because of the fun of it. Since I'm this week's judge I can't win.

Last edited:

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
"Grab the newest Pokeballs in-stores NOW!"

...not sure if I just crossed the line or not lol. This was difficult D:

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen yesterday

Week 30 winner...

2hxy4op.jpg

Scarf! That pun xD

Congratulations, you will get your name sneakily featured in my signature for a week, and if you wish, you can help me choose the panel for next week's contest as well as help deciding on the next winner. I will contact you through PM.

Me and Manga Reader X compared our favorites and realized that we both liked Scarf's caption so they won. Runner up is Scyke though! Also a fun caption, maybe just a bit close to Manga Reader X's one. I think next week, the judges won't get to post captions until at least Friday, so that any good ideas don't get taken by people who can't win, haha. If you guys have other suggestions, throw them at me! :>

Thank you all for participating, and be sure to check out the next week's thread. Remember it's all for good fun and if you don't win one week, you might win the next. The panels as well as the judges will vary, after all!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen yesterday
It's always so difficult to decide on a winner. I chuckle and sometimes laugh out loud when I read all the captions here, this contest is loads of fun! But I think if we would have some kind of voting going on, like with the Icontest over in A&D for example, it would take so much time and not necessarily be fair game anyways. So this thing with changing one of the judges every week works better imo. I hope you agree :3 It's all just for fun and laughs anyways, haha.

Back