• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen If The Follow-Me Feature Came Back...

Navy Blue

Artist
Years
I did not like the follow me feature in HG/SS. It was in fact my least favorite thing about the game and I wished they would have made it so you could turn it off if you want. Often times I thought it made things more cumbersome or laggy in HG/SS. I wouldn't mind seeing more Pokemon in towns or in the wild next to their trainers. Like the cutscene with pidove or swoobat on the rooftop in B/W
WHAT? I'd want my Pokemon to follow me all the time, I loved seeing how my Pokemon reacted to places, like my Unknown in the ruins (kinda creepy though, singing and talking to the air. 0.o)!

I would love for this to show up again, but unfortunately, I highly doubt it, but who knows, GameFreak has been leaving us in mystery. So many questions...

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
A certain specific area where you could let your Pokemon out of their Pokeballs would do, really.

So pretty much bring back Amity Park, but allow anything to come out again? I'd be all for that honestly, seems like a fair concession to me. If they don't want to have Pokémon following you all the time then a single area would be nice.

Years
Arcanine. <3

As well as my other team members, but Arcanine is objectively the best, and I love him.

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
I really loved the follow me feature in hg/ss..
You knw, it feels like a bauss when mewtwo follows u...! ;-)

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I really loved the follow me feature in hg/ss..
You knw, it feels like a bauss when mewtwo follows u...! ;-)
I oughta try that. Maybe I should return to that Gym challenge.

Personally, there are several Unova Pokémon I'd like to see follow me. Keldeo and Meloetta among them, but not so much Genesect or Kyurem (except having Kyurem following would make some feel omnipowerful as well, especially with, "KYUREM, RETURN!"

Cyclone

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
Yes please! I absolutely loved when my pokemon followed me around. It was adorable!

I hope they bring it back because I would love to see what the Unova pokemon look like outside of their pokeballs. And the new ones too! It is a great feature. It is one of the reasons why HGSS is my favorite version.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Yes please! I absolutely loved when my pokemon followed me around. It was adorable!

I hope they bring it back because I would love to see what the Unova pokemon look like outside of their pokeballs. And the new ones too! It is a great feature. It is one of the reasons why HGSS is my favorite version.
I think we already know the answer to that. They look like themselves. :P I mean, we see all the artwork and avatars, so there ya go. Though I get that you mean the small sprite; however, with the new 3D aspect, we really should be interested in all 700 or 800 or however many Pokémon it will be now.

Cyclone

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
In the trailers for X & Y I seen Mienfoo, gives me 100% hope that Mienshao will be in the game, that's the Pokemon that I would love to follow me in 3D - I hope they do bring it back, or similar with Watchog (seen Patrat in the trailer too).

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I'd love for the follow-me feature to return, but I highly doubt it will. For X and Y anyway. I think it might make a return in the RSE remakes, whenever those may be.

Anyway, I would want to see Umbreon <3 My favorite. He'd look so awesome in 3D.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I'd love for the follow-me feature to return, but I highly doubt it will. For X and Y anyway. I think it might make a return in the RSE remakes, whenever those may be.

Anyway, I would want to see Umbreon <3 My favorite. He'd look so awesome in 3D.
It makes sense to bring it back in the remakes. Upgrade the HG/SS engine to 3D, add another 250-odd Pokémon to the Follow list, create 3D models for everyone, and whammo. I'd love an anime-ish followme feature and the ability to choose who is always following regardless of who's leader.

Cyclone

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
I'd LOVE to have another house like in Humilau City, where you have to waste time walking around a Meinfoo until it's happy whilst the game gloats at you that it's capable of a follow feature, but they just thought, naahh...

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
I'd rather not see this feature return, I mean, it was cool when it happened, but, the novelty wore off fast and it actually got kind of annoying, especially when unlike Ranger, having your Pokemon out didn't do anything. So I'll be glad that they don't do it again, I prefer traveling with just the hero on screen.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I'd rather not see this feature return, I mean, it was cool when it happened, but, the novelty wore off fast and it actually got kind of annoying, especially when unlike Ranger, having your Pokemon out didn't do anything. So I'll be glad that they don't do it again, I prefer traveling with just the hero on screen.
I think a happy medium would be having the option. Based on the trailers, however, there is no option; it's not there.

Hopefully it's a late surprise.

Cyclone

Years
really like the follow me feature, and in models it will be awsome!
but i think a huge pokemon like wailord shouldn't follow you-they are too big to be in their full size and it weird to see them smaller.

i"ll be satistified if instead of follow-me feature we will be able to ride on pokemon, see the pokemon we are surf on, those who fly and maybe to see some sitiing on our shoulder like ash' pikachu

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I think a happy medium would be having the option. Based on the trailers, however, there is no option; it's not there.

Hopefully it's a late surprise.

Cyclone

Actually having it as an option that you would be able to toggle sounds like a really neat idea. It pretty much satisfies both ends of the spectrum as far as people feel about it, plus it doesn't force anything on anyone.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I would really love for this feature to return! I really loved seeing my Pokemon follow me around out of its Pokeball, and I think the ability to interact with it and to see its various reactions in different places really cute. :3

As to which one I would like following me around, it doesn't really matter ahha. Any Pokemon will do! I expect the lead Pokemon would follow the player around, so I could always switch my team around to allow other Pokemon to experience it. Hmm.. If I had a Cyndaquil though, it would definitely have the first honour! <3

I would also love the player to be able to ride Pokemon that can be ridden! Imagine soaring through the air riding on the back of your all-powerful Dragon, or clinging on to the fur of your Arcanine as it races through the grass at breakneck speed. All in full 3D. <3

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
Well some like this feature and some don't like this. I think gf should give an option if the trainer want his/her pkmn to remain out of their pokeball or remains inside the pkbol.

Birthday Thunder

Venus (Event Archivist)
Years
I'd love if two or more pokemon could follow you around. heck, I wish they would bring back the follow me feature altogether. Judging by the trailers we have seen, it doesn't look like that will be happening. Well, I can still fantasize about my shuckle, milotic and shedinja following me around. ^__^

Back