• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon Brown 2009 [Final Dungeon Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flaps

<Insert awsome line here>
Years
Im having trouble trading between brown (2.0) and Crystal. Ive applied the patch to Crystal so it should be compatable with brown.

1. Should I go to the counter where you trade as if it was between gold and crystal for example?
2. Or do you go to the "time machine" where you would trade if it was from Crystal to yellow?

Ive tried both and neither work so could anybody shed some light for me?

Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2016
^^I did that and Prof Timmy told me that I have a lot of work to do and to start looking for pokemon :(

This pokedex thing is a problem for sure

However, if owning all 151 is not required for anything special, then I can just finish up 1.0, then switch up to 2.0 after getting all the items from prof aides...for me (as long as Kool didn't change anything from red/blue) I only need the Exp all (50 pokemon) since I already have flash and the itemfinder

HOWEVER, if Kool has added a special bonus for capturing all 151 (or 230 for that matter) then there's a big big problem
Anybody???????????????????

~Undefined~

Aspiring Pokémon Master...
Years
Im having trouble trading between brown (2.0) and Crystal. Ive applied the patch to Crystal so it should be compatable with brown.

1. Should I go to the counter where you trade as if it was between gold and crystal for example?
2. Or do you go to the "time machine" where you would trade if it was from Crystal to yellow?

Ive tried both and neither work so could anybody shed some light for me?
Are you using TGB Dual? VBA Link doesn't work with GB and GBC games.

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2010
Hmm, turns out the unobtainable item wasn't unobtainable. I look like a silly nilly.

Whenever my Natty Dred (Xatu) uses Shadow Ball it comes out with some really messed up sound effects. Dunno why that is.

~Undefined~

Years
Hmm, turns out the unobtainable item wasn't unobtainable. I look like a silly nilly.

Whenever my Natty Dred (Xatu) uses Shadow Ball it comes out with some really messed up sound effects. Dunno why that is.
Do you mean the funny music after the Pokéball throwing sound? It does the same when Bree (my Alakazam) uses Shadow Ball.

EDIT: I've made a discovery! Bathilda (my Golbat) evolved to Crobat at Level 50. I would now assume that happiness evolving pokemon all evolve by level.

Last edited:

pkemaniac999

in need of help for a hack, pm
Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2015
?

PS: If you happen to catch a ? train it and see what happens (no it wont crash you)

FUZE, how do you do that?

Demo123

Clan Deity Reviver
Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2009
For some reason, whenever I deposit a pokemon, the number of Pokemon I own goes down to 2, although it says I have seen 40+, is this unavoidable, or what?
because it is not letting me get HM05 because I need 10 pokemon caught.

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
For some reason, whenever I deposit a pokemon, the number of Pokemon I own goes down to 2, although it says I have seen 40+, is this unavoidable, or what?
because it is not letting me get HM05 because I need 10 pokemon caught.

Download the new version and repatch it. I released the fix to that glitch last night.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 16, 2020
Great job! It's been a while since I've played a classic Pokémon game so I need some getting use to. Two questions:

1) Does the 2nd gen patch also work on the 15 generation IV PKMN from Brown so you could have the total of 266 Pokémon?

2) If we need to re-patch, can you patch it again with the pre-patched rom or do I patch a fresher Red Version?

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
Great job! It's been a while since I've played a classic Pokémon game so I need some getting use to. Two questions:

1) Does the 2nd gen patch also work on the 15 generation IV PKMN from Brown so you could have the total of 266 Pokémon?

2) If we need to re-patch, can you patch it again with the pre-patched rom or do I patch a fresher Red Version?

1. No, basically it reverts to its previously evolved form, but it has the same stats and moves.

2. Repatch it to a clean Red ROM and rename it.

Demo123

Clan Deity Reviver
Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2009
Patch a clean rom, and remake the sav file the same name as the new ROM name except with a .sav extension. You can switch over no matter how far you are through the game.

Ok, thanks, I will.
Although, as I posted it, I checked my pokedex again, after catching a few more pokes, and it now says 42 pokemon.
very confusing.
But, I will repatch, just to make sure.

~Undefined~

Years
Hmm I asked this in the help thread, but it hasn't been answered yet. Where's the master ball? The Silph guy gave me something else. Also, where can I find a Protector? I'd love to evolve Don (my Rhydon).

Years
Great, I'm going to have to restart the game :(. I was in the Secret Cave, and the third trainer had a "?" Pokemon. I can't kill it or anything, when I try it just freezes. And I used a save state during the battle :(
My team was really great too...lvl 50 Venusaur, lvl 48 Houndoom and a lvl 49 Porygon2 (btw, can you get the Dubious Disk in Brown 2009? Or is it only Up-Grade?).

~Undefined~

Years
Oh yeah, where's an Electrizer?
EDIT: Oh by the way Destined, I thought that the newest patch removed the ????? Pokémon?

Last edited:

NecromancingSaga

Dreaming LOVELY BOY
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 1, 2011
Remember people, you have to patch a CLEAN pokemon rom.

Ps. Any johto pokemon that you guys can suggest for my team?
(blastoise, xatu, ninetales, golem, ampharos) oh and i found a legendary, but the damn dog keeps using roar and disapears, also when i throw a ball always misses and is really annoying.

~Undefined~

Years
Remember people, you have to patch a CLEAN pokemon rom.

Ps. Any johto pokemon that you guys can suggest for my team?
(blastoise, xatu, ninetales, golem, ampharos) oh and i found a legendary, but the damn dog keeps using roar and disapears, also when i throw a ball always misses and is really annoying.
Yanma/mega. Speed is awesome. I'd replace Ninetales with Houndour/doom
EDIT: I suppose Yanma isn't really counted as Johto because of Yanmega, but whatever, it's still awesome.
EDIT2: Could someone pretty please tell me where to find the masterball? I'm gonna go to secret cave and I wanna catch Mew while I'm there, so I don't have to go back

NecromancingSaga

Dreaming LOVELY BOY
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 1, 2011
Yanma/mega. Speed is awesome. I'd replace Ninetales with Houndour/doom
EDIT: I suppose Yanma isn't really counted as Johto because of Yanmega, but whatever, it's still awesome.

its ok, what i was trying to say, where i can't find nonkanto ones :P

maybe i could replace ninetales with houndoom but i have already spend exp from trainers on ninetales, im going to think about it.

also i was thinking about scizor

~Undefined~

Years
its ok, what i was trying to say, where i can't find nonkanto ones :P

maybe i could replace ninetales with houndoom but i have already spend exp from trainers on ninetales, im going to think about it.

also i was thinking about scizor
Scizor's awesome, you can find Scyther in Castro Forest and Metal Coat in the Safari Park.
EDIT: Just so you know, Yanma and Houndour are in Castro Mansion.

EDIT2: I decided to catch Mew with Ultra Balls, and I did, but it wasn't a Mew.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back