• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

DC, Marvel and Dark Horse Fans Assemble! - The Comic Universe Fanclub -

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
I hope I'm not spoiling anything by mentioning that there are some hidden extras in and after the credits of Thor 2.

Spoiler:

I never stuck around to see that. D: We left as soon as the credits even started. We always do that.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Dude, Loki for best villain besides the Joker in the Dark Knight. Probably the best villain of any comic book movie. Heath Leger deserved even more awards than he already got.

Also, I've been reading my DC encyclopedia lately. And so far 've run across that Joker had fathered at least two kids. One was named Anarky, a villain I believe, and the other one I can't remember at the moment. xD

Besides that, how was everyone's day? Catching Fire premieres tonight!!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Dude, Loki for best villain besides the Joker in the Dark Knight. Probably the best villain of any comic book movie. Heath Leger deserved even more awards than he already got.

Also, I've been reading my DC encyclopedia lately. And so far 've run across that Joker had fathered at least two kids. One was named Anarky, a villain I believe, and the other one I can't remember at the moment. xD

Besides that, how was everyone's day? Catching Fire premieres tonight!!

Ehhh the Joker fathering children, I think that was a one off thing. I don't believe it's actual DC canon. But I could easily be wrong.

Also seriously Carnage is the singular best villain on the planet. Go look up Crain's version of Carnage (preferably Carnage USA or Family Feud) right now and behold the awesomeness / darkness that is Carnage. Like, I love Loki, but Carnage would eat him for breakfast and then save small bits of him for dessert/brunch if he's feeling sassy.

I'm so behind on movies lately. I'm going to try to catch them all soon but there's this thing where the movie attendants want green paper out of your wallet and it seems to prevent me from doing most things I like. :c

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
What is your favorite Comic Book company: DC, Marvel, Dark Horse or other?

Marvel. I don't know Dark Horse, and tbqh, DC has worse comics :P

Who is your favorite character?

Iron Man. Just Iron Man. or Black Widow :P

What is your favorite comic book TV show or movie?

The Iron Man movies + The Avengers. For TV shows, Agents of SHIELD.

Why do you want to join the club?

i heard cake :33

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023

Marvel. I don't know Dark Horse, and tbqh, DC has worse comics :P

Iron Man. Just Iron Man. or Black Widow :P

The Iron Man movies + The Avengers. For TV shows, Agents of SHIELD.

i heard cake :33

Welcome to the club Lay Gunner. Congrats on opening your own club, I plan on joining!! :]

Ehhh the Joker fathering children, I think that was a one off thing. I don't believe it's actual DC canon. But I could easily be wrong.

Also seriously Carnage is the singular best villain on the planet. Go look up Crain's version of Carnage (preferably Carnage USA or Family Feud) right now and behold the awesomeness / darkness that is Carnage. Like, I love Loki, but Carnage would eat him for breakfast and then save small bits of him for dessert/brunch if he's feeling sassy.

I'm so behind on movies lately. I'm going to try to catch them all soon but there's this thing where the movie attendants want green paper out of your wallet and it seems to prevent me from doing most things I like. :c

Idk Anarky first appeared in Detective Comics and eventually in the Robin comics. Although, he has also been known as Moneyspider, but I do't know why. :p

Carnage is freakin strong, I think he may be even stronger than the new Venom. Now that would be an epic fight. The strongest in the Marvel universe is probably One-Above-All from Fantastic Four. That's what I would say, I just looked it up. lol I also think that Loki's one of the weaker villains in the Marvel Universe tbh. He may be nice to look at like Captain America or someone, but there are way more stronger villains like Abraxes, Infinity, Thanos.

Me too, I haven't even seen Man of Steel yet.

Years
It's kind of crazy the levels that the badguys get to in comics. I've read a little of early Avengers and Thor and they're very pulp-y, like stopping bank robberies and that sort of thing. Now every plot is about saving the galaxy from destruction or something. Nothing wrong with that, of course, it's fun, but it's a little sad that you can't really go back to the pulp-y stuff without it seeming a little, I dunno, below what we expect of the superheroes.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
That's what I love about superheroes becoming super heroes. They never take on huge stuffs when they just get their powers, they stop little petty crimes like store robbers and whatnot :P

It's the reason why I love seeing the early stages of superheroes a lot, seeing them gain their superpowers and seeing them adapt their new lifestyle into their regular lifestyle.

Years
Probably the reason most superhero movies are about that stuff, too. Plus I'm sure it's easier and cheaper to make a normal city street your set instead of some complicated green screen.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
I get what you mean. I love how the villains and plots have become more complicated, however I could see how things can gt too complicated. I remember reading some of the older issues of Batman (like in the 30s-40s) and the villains were average day jos. Now we've got like Batman vs Hulk jr. (not really ofc). xp

Anyways, liking the new usernames. Tell me what you guys think about this article: http://www.gq.com/news-politics/newsmakers/201108/real-life-superheroes-phoenix-jones

It's about real-life superheros apparently. It's a bit long but I want to know what you guys think?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Anyways, liking the new usernames. Tell me what you guys think about this article: http://www.gq.com/news-politics/newsmakers/201108/real-life-superheroes-phoenix-jones

It's about real-life superheros apparently. It's a bit long but I want to know what you guys think?

Oh man I love Phoenix Jones! I don't really like what he does, because at the end of the day he isn't really licensed to be a hero in the sense that our police officers are so some of his methods are of questionable legality, but I still think his message is awesome.

I mean, he's pretty much the poster boy for self accountability. And that even one individual can make a difference. I'm all for anyone who wants to take charge and do something positive for themselves and others.

Not gunna lie, I have my own costume. /sigh I'm a black belt so I do have some qualifications as a superheroine.. but I couldn't deal with the public and like so many people know my secret identity soooo.. But yup, I've thought about it.

Years
My town has one of the sandwich handler superheroes, as someone in the article calls them. (I'm still reading through it.) He leaves money in the book return at the library and calls the police when he sees something illegal going on. That kind of thing. I think it's the people who don't try to confront crime who are better heroes. Much as it would be really nice to see someone personally stop crime, it's too risky and the legal side is messy.

Not gunna lie, I have my own costume. /sigh I'm a black belt so I do have some qualifications as a superheroine.. but I couldn't deal with the public and like so many people know my secret identity soooo.. But yup, I've thought about it.
If you're not going to then can you tell us what your superhero name is?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
My town has one of the sandwich handler superheroes, as someone in the article calls them. (I'm still reading through it.) He leaves money in the book return at the library and calls the police when he sees something illegal going on. That kind of thing. I think it's the people who don't try to confront crime who are better heroes. Much as it would be really nice to see someone personally stop crime, it's too risky and the legal side is messy.

If you're not going to then can you tell us what your superhero name is?

Now that's a hard one, because I have yet to get full confirmation on whether or not I'm going to have a team. If there's more than just me, I want them to have a say in what the team's name is going to be and how our individual names should tie into it.

Alone though? Something badass like The Dawn Guardian or Indigo R'ever. >:3

Any takers? Who else would have a superhero(ine) persona and what would your superhero name be?

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Tbh, I actually have a retractable bo stick and some nunchucks in my bag everytime I go out. In case I see some crime going on, I just pop them out and start doing what I do best :P

6 years in muay-thai and became a apprentice teacher this summer :P

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Tbh, I actually have a retractable bo stick and some nunchucks in my bag everytime I go out. In case I see some crime going on, I just pop them out and start doing what I do best :P

6 years in muay-thai and became a apprentice teacher this summer :P

Dude are you being serious? :p

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Well, I do A LOT of training so I just keep them in my bag so I don't have to hassle myself everytime to bring it out and put it back in, haha^^

So when I go out, I happen to have some weapons of mass destruction in my bag! >=D xD

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Well, I do A LOT of training so I just keep them in my bag so I don't have to hassle myself everytime to bring it out and put it back in, haha^^

So when I go out, I happen to have some weapons of mass destruction in my bag! >=D xD

That is awesome man! You could be a modern day superhero like Kick Ass! You'd need a cool sidekick though, Katy Perry might work. xD

Anyways, just drank Caramel Cappuccino and antsy so new topic for the week.

arts-graphics-2008_1129745a.jpg
Who's your guys' favorite villain from any superhero movie? My favorite is personally Heath Ledger from The Dark Night. I mean, the dude died after the movie. Crazy!

Also, a ridiculous article I found: Comic Book Evangelism – The Store That Becomes A Church On Sunday

I don't know how religious you guys are (I personally am not that religious), but I find it crazy how a comic book store became a church. Especially in Kentucky! I live in Kentucky, and let me tell you guys, most of the people here are go to church Sunday, eat a big mean afterwards and watch sports. lol

What are your thoughts on this? Does it cross the line?

Years
I don't know why a comic store needs to become a church. I've never been to Kentucky, but even in my non-Bible Belt part of the country we're not hurting for churches. You can't drive down any major street without passing one or two.

Any takers? Who else would have a superhero(ine) persona and what would your superhero name be?
I wouldn't because I'm a wimp and would get my butt handed to me. I'd much more fit into the support category like Alfred to Batman or something like that.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years

DC Fanboy here XD

Aquaman! Joker, Batman, and Dick Grayson (Nightwing)

Dark Knight Series

Looks like a fun place to talk about comics :D

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
That is awesome man! You could be a modern day superhero like Kick Ass! You'd need a cool sidekick though, Katy Perry might work. xD

Anyways, just drank Caramel Cappuccino and antsy so new topic for the week.

arts-graphics-2008_1129745a.jpg
Who's your guys' favorite villain from any superhero movie? My favorite is personally Heath Ledger from The Dark Night. I mean, the dude died after the movie. Crazy!

Also, a ridiculous article I found: Comic Book Evangelism – The Store That Becomes A Church On Sunday

I don't know how religious you guys are (I personally am not that religious), but I find it crazy how a comic book store became a church. Especially in Kentucky! I live in Kentucky, and let me tell you guys, most of the people here are go to church Sunday, eat a big mean afterwards and watch sports. lol

What are your thoughts on this? Does it cross the line?

Any superhero movie? VENOM VENOM VENOM! x1000

As for the comic shop turned church.. It seems to me like their objective is to appeal to a younger audience... or at the very least get their name on the second page of a comic themed thread on a Pokemon forum, you know what I mean? Publicity. But hell, I'm sure there's some believers who love comics so who am I to say it's bad? The minute they open a comic shop that's also a dessert bar/art gallery I'm in.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
What is your favorite Comic Book company: DC, Marvel, Dark Horse or other? Definitely favored in the DC Universe, Marvel a close second. I only remember Buffy the Vampire Slayer from Dark Horse.

Who is your favorite character? Its a toughie. For DC I certainly love Hawkgirl, but I'm a big Green Arrow fan because of the show, Arrow. Green Arrow, since its more popular I guess? I favor Thor & Iron Man from Marvel's Universe, Black Widow's cool.

What is your favorite comic book TV show or movie? The CW hit series, Arrow. I do watch/love Marvel's Agent of Shield as well, I think Arrow is so much darker & better though!

The thing I love about these superhero movies are the fact that they have a load of action scenes. I'm a sucker for action.

Back