• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

21 Shiny Swablu in the Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
First Update
Crystal | Raven
50px-Zephyr_Badge.png

My sister and I settled down and watched some TV so I found it a good time to start the challenge as well! So the journey began, picking my starter as well as my first Pokemon, a Cyndaquil named Quilt. My sister picked the name (she's picking all of them) but I couldn't help but realize that it makes sense considering that he's the plushie on my team! Did all the beginning stuff and after I got the Pokeballs from the assistant went up and eventually caught my tusk Pokemon. Considering how early in the game it is of course it is none other than a Phanpy who has been named Gumball! Also while on my way to Violet City I caught my third member: a Hoppip named Berry. Did the Bellsprout Tower and then went and beat Faulkner was quite an easy task. Now I'm currently in the Union Cave heading towards the next town. ♥

Spr_2c_187.gif

Berry (Hoppip) ♂ | True Alabamian | Level 14 @ Miracle Seed
Poisonpower, Synthesis, Tail Whip, Tackle

Spr_2c_231.gif

Gumdrop (Phanpy) ♀ | Team Mascot | Level 12
Tackle, Growl, Defense Curl

Spr_2c_155.gif

Quilt (Cyndaquil) ♂ | The Plushie | Level 14
Tackle, Leef, Smokescreen, Ember

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I have a question regarding Ultimate - I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but I want to check first. By STAB, are you only including moves that do damage (attack bonus)? So moves like Leech Seed or whatever are fair game, no matter the user's type?

Since AlexOzzyCake made it, I'm not sure what he wanted, but I'll allow it. I like funky moves like Leech Seed and friends. :3 So even if they match the type, if they're not doing direct damage, I'm totally fine with that.

Years
Username: physi1
Game: Ruby
Ultimate: yeah, no.
Raffle: N/A

Planned Team:
1:Altaria
2:Mightyena (figure with all the farming, you need a few sheepdogs.)
3:Aggron
4:Walrein
5:Zangoose
6:Torchic

Also, no STABbing sounds like fun, so I'll try to stick by that.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years

Update #1

Pokémon White Version 2 ▣ 21 Shiny Swablu in the Sky Ultimate

Team

548.gif

Petilil!
Petilil • ♀ • Level 25
Silk Scarf • Own Tempo
Cut • Flash • Return • Frustration

Progress

70px-Basic_Badge.png
70px-Toxic_Badge.png

Caught Petilil in the heart of Castelia City. Currently training it in Virbank City and eventually Castelia City so I can defeat Burgh. It won't be easy considering that a Level 20 Sewaddle can 2HKO it... After I defeat Burgh, I plan on trading my other Petilil for a Cottonee on Route 4. I'm kind of regretting my team choice because I'll be using only Petilil and Cottonee until I reach Mistralton City.

P.S. Burgh's gym is amazing.​

Last edited:
Years
.....Really? This challenge comes out while I am already doing one, and don't have another game to do it on? *Sigh* Oh well, good luck everyone, and may the odds be ever in your favor.

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

Game: SoulSilver
Ultimate: Yes
FC for Raffle: ---

• Umbreon, the star moon of the show.
    197MS.png
  • Noctowl, the wise Alabamian.
    164MS.png
  • Steelix, the unyielding striker.
    208MS.png
  • Mamoswine, the spirited mascot.
    473MS.png
  • Delibird, the passionate musician.
    225MS.png
  • Teddiursa, the upstaging plush.
    216MS.png

I'll keep their personalities that way and update as if telling a story of this cheerful bunch. Sounds like a fun journey.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Username:[Supporter]KagamiChan[/Supporter]
Game: Emerald
Ultimate: No
Raffle FC: No Raffle for me ^^

Team:
334.gif

315f.gif
(I know it's not Camellias but I hope that'll do >u<)
306.gif

232.gif

119.gif
(looking forward to trying him out again after how well he did in the April Fools Fish Challenge *-*)
255f.gif

Years
  • Seen May 16, 2016
Username: CoveredNormal
game: blue
ultimate: no
FC for raffle: not interested

team:
Jolteon-favorite
charizard-plushie
kingler-marching
graveler-striker
farfetch'd-mascot
tangela-alabamian

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Second Update

Crystal | Raven
50px-Zephyr_Badge.png
50px-Hive_Badge.png
50px-Plain_Badge.png

So going to Union Cave was alright, beating Team Rocket was fairly easy, and Bugsy and his Scyther was a pain, but I managed there as well! After those three things I had then made my way to Goldenrod where I beat the trainers around in the area before taking on Whitney. Like well... usual (or rather with many others) her Miltank was a pain, but at least this was Crystal and not HGSS where it has Milk Drink haha! Also between Bugsy and Whitney Berry evolved into a Skiploom! After defeating her I went and fought the Sudowoodo. Kind of wish I caught it and used it for my team since in the future it had the Rock Head ability but oh well. I'm sure Magnemite, the Pokemon I caught to be the Striker, will suffice. That said, I caught Electron the Magnemite, a Krabby who was then named Asch, and finally went and picked up the Eevee from Bill and named her Artemis. Now It's time to train the team up and hopefully evolve Artemis before taking on Morty. ♥

Spr_2c_133.gif

Artemis (Eevee) ♀ | Favorite Subject | Level 20
Tackle, Tail Whip, Sand-Attack, Growl

Spr_2c_188.gif

Berry (Skiploom) ♂ | True Alabamian | Level 24 @ Miracle Seed
Leech Seed, Synthesis, Stun Spore, Headbutt
Spr_2c_081.gif

Electron (Magnemite) | The Striker | Level 17
Tackle, Thundershock, Supersonic, Sonicboom
Spr_2c_231.gif

Gumdrop (Phanpy) ♀ | Team Mascot | Level 23 @ Quick Claw
Strength, Growl, Defense Curl, Flail

Spr_2c_098.gif

Asch (Krabby) ♂ | Marching Musician | Level 21
Surf, Leer, Vicegrip, Harden

Spr_2c_155.gif

Quilt (Cyndaquil) ♂ | The Plushie | Level 23 @ Charcoal
Quick Attack, Leer, Smokescreen, Ember

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Username: CoveredNormal
game: blue
ultimate: no
FC for raffle: not interested

team:
Jolteon-favorite
charizard-plushie
kingler-marching
graveler-striker
farfetch'd-mascot
tangela-alabamian

You can't evolve the plushie Pokemon, so you'll have to stick with Charmander. And if I may ask, what does Tangela have to do with Alabama?

And while I'm here:

001.gif

Trainer Sydian
White 2
50px-Basic_Badge.png

501.gif

Neeko lv. 15
Torrent | Adamant
[ Tackle, Tail Whip, Water Gun, Water Sport ]

Had a slow start cause I really didn't feel like playing, haha. But I named myself Sydian and my rival is Klippy. He's really into keeping Pokemon safe apparently. I got my Oshawott and named him Neeko after my actual plushie...who is named after the first Oshawott I had in Black 2. So...and Oshawott named after an Oshawott who was also named after an Oshawott. Makes sense, right? Anyway, I did all the stuff and then beat Cheren, after taking a loss though. Wasn't paying much attention and had no back up, so eh. Oh well. Trading in my Vulpix soon, so things will get more interesting with two party members thankfully. Oh and...the Everstone is all the way in Driftveil. So much B pressing. :( Maybe I have a spare I can trade over with Vulpix.

Last edited:
Years
You can't evolve the plushie Pokemon, so you'll have to stick with Charmander. And if I may ask, what does Tangela have to do with Alabama?

OH, I thought you meant we could not evolve the plushie pokemon that could are not fully evolved. Like Snivy can't evolve into Servine, since there is not a servine plushie, but Umbreon was obtainable since the there was a plushie. Well, at least I haven't started, though, I have to do some reconfiguring.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
No...it says you can pick from my plushies, but you have to keep what you pick in its first stage.

A plushie Pokémon! - I have a large collection. You have to use one of mine, however you must leave it in its first stage. No evolving! You can't use the legendary plushies either. If you run into a conflict on picking one, just lemme know!

Didn't think I could make it clearer. :x

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years

Update #2

Pokémon White Version 2 ▣ 21 Shiny Swablu in the Sky Ultimate

Team

548.gif

Petilil!
Petilil • Petilil • • Level 39
Soothe Bell • Own Tempo
CutFlashReturnEntrainment

546.gif

A true Alabamian!
Fluffee • Cottonee • • Level 32
Eviolite • Prankster
ReturnHelping HandCharmPoisonPowder

Progress

70px-Basic_Badge.png
70px-Toxic_Badge.png
70px-Insect_Badge.png
70px-Bolt_Badge.png

After spending what seemed like an eternity in Castelia City and Route 4, I finally trained my Petilil to be strong enough to sweep Burgh. When I returned to Route 4 to battle Colress, little did I know that he would be a greater challenge than Burgh. Magnemite wasn't too much of a problem, but Klink barely took any damage from Petilil's Return, and its Gear Grind was doing some major damage to Petilil. Fortunately after three or four attempts, Klink only used Charge and allowed Petilil to survive. Soon after my victory, I returned to Castelia City's Pokémon Center to withdraw my other Petilil and returned to Route 4 to trade it for a Cottonee. Next I went to Nimbasa City and successfully challenged Ingo and Emmet with the help of Rosa. After doing a little training I decided to challenge Elisa, and, surprisingly, I beat her on my first try thanks to Cottonee's PoisonPowder. Next up is a battle with a heartbreaker... His name... Charles.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
Username: Atif
Game: Blaze Black 2
FC For Raffle: No thanks ^^

1. Altaria

2. Beautifly

3. Geodude

4. Numel

Foongus

6. Pikachu

That's my team xD

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I picked Treecko as my plushie Pokemon and I gotta say, it sucks that he won't learn Leaf Blade because it's my favorite move to use in the Treecko family. I also caught my Aron & my Makuhita in the same cave so I gotta level them up together making them share the experience, bleh. I beat Roxanne very easily with Treecko and I had a lot of problem with Brawly Now I'm up against May who has the type advantage against me wither Blaziken completely owning my Treecko & Aron. I'm currently grinding so they can beat her.

Badges Obtained:
50px-Stone_Badge.png
50px-Knuckle_Badge.png

Current Pokemon Team:
pkrs001.gif

The Plushie Pokemon!
Tifa the Treecko♀, level 25
Pound, Screech, Absorb & Quick Attack

pkrs070.gif

The Crimson Tide striker!
Aron♂, level 18
Metal Claw, Iron Defense, Mud-Slap & Headbutt

pkrs048.gif

The true Alabamian!
Makuhita♂, level 17
Tackle, Focus Energy, Sand-Attack & Vital Throw

Years
  • Seen May 16, 2016

sorry i was typing my team awhile after i read it so i forgot, charmander will do. however tangela is the vine pokemon which resembles the pumpkin vines or grape vines on our farm here in alabama (yes i live there)

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years
Username; GoldenRayquaza
Game: Silver
FC: I'll post it in about a half hour or something.

Team:

Petlil: Umbreon
Alabamian: Ninetales (You said there were foxes in Alabama on your list, so... yeah.)
Striker: Skarmory (There was no Rock Head yet.)
Mascot/Tusked: Mamoswine
Marching Musician: Kingler
Plushie: Cyndaquil

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
sorry i was typing my team awhile after i read it so i forgot, charmander will do. however tangela is the vine pokemon which resembles the pumpkin vines or grape vines on our farm here in alabama (yes i live there)

Alright, sounds good. And yeah, that works. I forget we even have pumpkins till Halloween rolls around, to tell you the truth. lol

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
Years
edit> I will compete, I just have to make a proper appl/.

Last edited:
Years
Here was my Red Team. Can't wait to start my Gen II run.

Alabamian!
045.png

Jessiebell the Vileplume lv. 54
• Mega Drain • Body Slam • Sleep Powder • Double Team

Plushie
004.png

Auburn the Charmander lv. 56
• Flamethrower • Swords Dance • Dig • Slash

Marcher
118.png

Pauladeen the Goldeen lv. 54
• Surf • Horn Drill • Supersonic • Ice Beam