• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Screenshot/Music Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
@Dr. Octogonapus posts

First of all, I like the visual style of the game (although I may be a bit biased since you posted stuff with rather cool looking water and I just like water in games for some reason XD). The character Rein looks pretty cool, and I like that the first pic with the mystery guy has a guy with his face covered instead of being inconsistent and having no Portrait for him while having ones for others like Rein. I also like that your using Portraits for the characters, it's small but I always like the idea of portraits like that.

The only other thing is as mentioned, the name box should be a little more to the left (I would say try and match the red corner thing on the name box to the one on the dialogue box, try and make it blend well if you know what I mean?)

I haven't seen if you have posted a thread about the game or not but I may have a quick lookie when I get time for one.

Anyway, sorry for the kinda long postish post but just trying to give you some detailed feedback :)

Many thanks for that feedback too.

Cilerba fixed the script for me, so, many thanks go to him. Here is another example of the edited script, but, the dialog box has been moved up to the top of the screen in actually gameplay as not to block the player's field of vision. Does this look any better?

Maxxy.png

Years
That namebox looks alot better like that. There may be small adjustments you could make if you wanted to but for the most part it looks alot better.

Besides that, as Maruno said, remove the colon and that's all I can think of for the dialogue box area

Years
After not having worked on this project for 2 years I thought I'd show off some of the old maps from the game. They have a few mapping errors here and there that haven't been fixed yet.

The maps were made with the FR/LG tileset with the exception of the Pokécenter.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

warpras

Chief of Pokémon Time Version
Years
Ok. Here's my screens of Pokémon Birdus Version. This project is made with PSP DS (PokemonScriptProject DS). For now, i'ts in french but if it becomes more popular on this forum, maybe I will transalte it in english. This is not a remake of RSE.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Sorry if my english is bad...

Years
Warpras, your game looks really good. I especially like the way you've connected Hoenn map to some new region. I also guess, that your intro is D/P/PT/HG/SS styled, isn't it? I downloaded this PSP DS to see how does it work, and its brillant, but I don't know french :/
I wish someone would translate whole kit.

Last edited:

warpras

Years
Thanks :) I talk to Palbolsky and his priority is to finish the starter kit.
I have other screens/images
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
Nice to see my Hoenn map put to good use!
I don't remember being asked if anyone could use it, but hey...

I really like the gym tiles. Are the VS sprites public?

warpras

Years
Nice to see my Hoenn map put to good use!
I don't remember being asked if anyone could use it, but hey...

I really like the gym tiles. Are the VS sprites public?

The VS sprites are JarJar. I take them on The Spriters Resources Forum.

The Gym Tiles are made from Pewter City Gym.

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
I know a bit of French :) though I do mean a bit. Your english is better than half the members here lol.

If your ever translating it, I can go through the kit and read things and make sure they make sense in english if you like.

Mr.puppetman

I'm a real boy!
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2010
mackoo I would like to translate it for you since I took a french class last year in school but I can;t seem to find a download link!

Spira

Programmer for Pokemon Eternity
Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2023
Some screens from my alpha.

Just a couple screenshots from the alpha tests of my game in development.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Mr.puppetman

I'm a real boy!
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2010
Wow great job! It looks great espcially the billboard wiht it's bright colors might want to change the pokemon following you to where only your first one is following since it looks waaay crowded. I never tried out the MMORPG maker is the battle system in it?

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
TurquoiseWindowScreen.png

This is a screenshot taken from my game: Pokémon Turquoise Version.
There should be a thread at the end of next month.

Mr.puppetman

I'm a real boy!
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2010
Cilbera I'm loving the look of your mapping, can't wait until you post the thread. Spira did you change the screen size, if so it'd be nice to have a game thats not restricted to a tiny window.

Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2011
@Cilerba - I like how your style looks, great screen, I am looking forward for more of you

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
Cilbera I'm loving the look of your mapping, can't wait until you post the thread. Spira did you change the screen size, if so it'd be nice to have a game thats not restricted to a tiny window.

Thanks, but that's not my map. My mapper, incognito322, made it :P

@Cilerba - I like how your style looks, great screen, I am looking forward for more of you

Thanks. I'll post a new thread in the Showcase section soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back