• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Years

With... RUBY ROM?! o.O.
Nope, Fire red.
How do I get past the old lady after getting the GS ball? It freezes. I'm playing on Linux and there is no cheats on the VBA. Would it still be okay if I downgraded to 4.0 then re-patch to 4.2 after getting through? I read that the glitch only happens in 4.2 but not with 4.0. I don't know if that's true, but if it is, it's weird.

Last edited:

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
GREAT GAME SO FAR! A few minor bugs, you can walk over the book cases in the Pokemon Lab, a few overworld tile errors, but, overall, great game, I'm surprised you don't work for Nintendo...

What do you have to do to get it to stop raining to let the ship sail? And must you trade your Charizard or is that not mandatory? Because I simply looove Charizard.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Nope, Fire red.
How do I get past the old lady after getting the GS ball? It freezes. I'm playing on Linux and there is no cheats on the VBA. Would it still be okay if I downgraded to 4.0 then re-patch to 4.2 after getting through? I read that the glitch only happens in 4.2 but not with 4.0. I don't know if that's true, but if it is, it's weird.
Yes. It's has been confirmed to work.

What do you have to do to get it to stop raining to let the ship sail? And must you trade your Charizard or is that not mandatory? Because I simply looove Charizard.
Of course not! Ash also did not give up Charizard until Valley episode.
I don't even know why that trade (which cannot be taken back btw) is even present o.O

Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
So just to clarify. You can't go back to the main kanto region because you cannot acquire a tropic pass? This hasn't been answered yet

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 23, 2018
Hi, I'm wondering what do I need to do to fight Ritchie?

EDIT: Don't worry about that, how do get to the Orange Islands?

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
So just to clarify. You can't go back to the main kanto region because you cannot acquire a tropic pass? This hasn't been answered yet
Yeah, you cannot go back to Kanto as Ash also couldn't.
Dunno if teleporting system works... if not then there's no way to go back.

i need help im on the orange islands and there is a bug when i enter the old lady house
Read the previous posts...

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 12, 2013
Hey, I'm using myboy Android emulator, and I patched the new ips file over the 3.62 beta to make it 4.0, but now I'm having trouble loading my saved game from 3.62 to 4.0. Can anyone help me?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 12, 2013
Hey, I'm using myboy Android emulator, and I patched the new ips file over the 3.62 beta to make it 4.0, but now I'm having trouble loading my saved game from 3.62 to 4.0. Can anyone help me?

Nevermind! I just solved it. I just had to make sure the ips file, the save file, and game file all had the same name. Orange islands here I come!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 14, 2014
i found a glitch in the game
after u beat aj and u read the sign the youngster vanishes by moveing strate ahead through the cave walls and hes falled by some 3 flash thingy i hope i didnt bug my game

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 1, 2013
Hey guys,

I made the mistake to evolve my bulbasaur and now I can't participate on the mysterious garden event. Unless there is no glitch to evolve my ivysaur back, I would like to use fireread cheats to get a new bulbasaur.

Nothing happened after I used Gameshark/Codebreaker Codes with my vgba. I tried it with Action Replay Codes and the thing is, everytime I enter high gras (and only then, I can still battle other trainers etc...) vgba resets.

Is there anything I can do?

Thanks and greetz,
gerd

Years
  • Age 56
  • Seen Oct 9, 2013
Im stuck in Fuschia City trying to get to Sunny Town, ive helped the Warden save the dratini and helped the the mum get her boy from the kangaskhan and when i go to the pokemon center and talk to Nurse Joy, i dont get the Bike to give the medicine like ive seen in all the walkthrough on Youtube
plus im playing version 4.2

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
i need help im on the orange islands and there is a bug when i enter the old lady house

I used walk through walls and walked over the house... That was my solution.

Does the game actually end after Team Rocket's vacation on that Island with the waterfall?

Years
Hey guys,

I made the mistake to evolve my bulbasaur and now I can't participate on the mysterious garden event. Unless there is no glitch to evolve my ivysaur back, I would like to use fireread cheats to get a new bulbasaur.

Nothing happened after I used Gameshark/Codebreaker Codes with my vgba. I tried it with Action Replay Codes and the thing is, everytime I enter high gras (and only then, I can still battle other trainers etc...) vgba resets.

Thanks and greetz,
gerd[/QUOTE]
Well if the code is not working your Ivysaur cannot learn SolarBeam. That's simple

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 14, 2014
Im stuck in Fuschia City trying to get to Sunny Town, ive helped the Warden save the dratini and helped the the mum get her boy from the kangaskhan and when i go to the pokemon center and talk to Nurse Joy, i dont get the Bike to give the medicine like ive seen in all the walkthrough on Youtube
plus im playing version 4.2

have you done kogas gym??

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Hey guys,

Thanks and greetz,
gerd
Use Advanced Map to put one to wild.

I used walk through walls and walked over the house... That was my solution.

Does the game actually end after Team Rocket's vacation on that Island with the waterfall?
Yep that's the end.

Back