• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

lIFe Is A Highway

Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2013
Life is a highway. It's full of twists and turns, difficult roads, ups and downs.
Looking back, you can see where you were. Those couple of years you sported that weird hairstyle, the friends and enemies that came, and those that left. All the choices you made, good and bad.
"But- what IF?"
That haunting question that everybody asks themselves at some point. What if you did get that job? What if you had plucked up the courage to ask him/her out? What if you hadn't done that stupid thing? What if?

The question at hand, what are some of your "Ifs"? That is, what are some "what if" questions you've continually asked yourself throughout the years?
Are there any?
What is your opinion about thinking about the past?

Feel free to answer any unspoken questions, so long as they are akin to the topic.

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
Years
Oh dear you have no clue how much these things keep me up at night. I always wonder what my life would look like if I did not hesitate on some huge decisions, and how different I would be now because of it. They always branch into several other 'what-ifs' and it really hurts my head thinking about it.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
Years
What if my parents never got divorced?
What if I dated that fat chick who used to stalked me in the 9th grade who ended up being freakin' hot as hell by our senior year?
What if I didn't let my grades slip and start hanging out with 'a bad crowd' and barely passing high school with exactly enough credits?
What if I let my fear get in the way of joining the military?
What if I waited on enlisting so that I could've gotten that combat engineer job I wanted?
What if I went to college first and became an officer later?
What if I didn't turn down that offer for H8 training?

Too many of things can drive you crazy. No point in dwelling on the past, it only slows down your future. I love how my life turned out despite all those things.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
Years
For sure, man. I think that's the key to it all right there. It helps to remember that you wouldn't be the person you are today if your life hadn't happened exactly as it had, and who's to say it would have been better? That fat chick who turned out being super hot may have also turned into a psycho raging ***** who cut off your... arm, or something, haha.

But yeah. Life is always in a state of flux. Choices in the past are done and gone, just do your best to make the right choices for you for right now and be at peace with it. 8)

Couldn't have said it better myself. Haha, funny story about that. I've actually heard that that girl is stuck in the Highland House now for apparently going insane and trying to stab her boyfriend. That's just a rumor I've heard though.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I've made some stupid decisions, so of course I've wondered about how things would be if I hadn't. The last handful of years would have been so much different- easier, but less interesting! And some good did come of it, I guess.

There aren't many other things that I wonder about, honestly. Considering I like the way my life is, there isn't much that I'd want to change.

CC

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Mar 2, 2014
I try not to let what if type questions drive me crazy. We've all made bad decisions in the past and IMO it's best to always put your best food forward.

Years
I'm especially curious about what would've happened if I didn't move to the US from Europe. I'd have different friends which in turn would likely mean I'd end up with different interests, would have gone down a totally different career path, would have never met my boyfriend.. and I'd definitely have never joined this place. I usually don't think much about these things but that one choice in particular changed absolutely everything.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I wonder sometimes if I actually studied for my GCSE's where my life would of been.
maybe I would of been in a high paying job and with a family.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
'What ifs' don't concern me. I'd be just as content and ignorant in any other position.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Pondering the "what ifs" is a fast lane into depression and self resentment.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I think about stuff like that all the time:

What if I'd gone to college?
What if I'd learned to drive?

It can drive you crazy thinking about that. I try not to but often I can't really help it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I think about stuff like that all the time:

What if I'd gone to college?
What if I'd learned to drive?

It can drive you crazy thinking about that. I try not to but often I can't really help it.
The ironic thing about both of your worries is that its never too late to go to college or learn to drive, soooooo... I mean, this is awkward for all of us now.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
The only regret I have in life is having regrets. But the regrets I have can be fixed. And I aim to do so, even though it may not happen immediately. I'm 20. My biological clock isn't ticking and I've got the time and the drive.

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
Years
  • Age 27
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 11, 2020
What if I managed to keep my girlfriend instead of screwing up one night due to bad planning?
Would that mean that I wouldn't have come back here and EGC?
Would that mean I would have started my band sooner?
What if I had the courage to talk to the record exec I met 2 years ago?
Where would I be now if I got his contact details?

Somebody shoot me.

Back