• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ Heart of Soul ] Generation 2 Fanclub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Name: Sector Revenge
Two Johto Partner Pokemon:
227.png
248.png

If you could own one Johto Pokemon and one only, which one would you pick and why?

Simple, Skarmory. I've always thought naming it after myself, Sector, would be an excellent fit, especially the shiny version. So basically, Skarmory would be an excellent pet for me. I have no idea why, just what I do xD

I always thought my name to be more fitted as teal to green-ish color more than anything, and Shiny Skarmory's green wings definitely makes it a perfect fit, in my opinion.

When did you start loving Johto?

I've always loved Johto. The main reason for the games, where you start off in Johto and continue off to another region(Kanto). This is one of the reasons why I think it tops all regions right now with the extension to another region. The newest 4 doesn't have that love like that ;) Another thing was, when I first saw Lugia, I actually fell in love with it. And I actually thought Celebi was a lot cuter than Mew at the time. I would like to point out that Pokemon Stadium 2 was also one of my most played games in my childhood. It was really fun with just 250 Pokemon to play around with!

I'll answer the rest of the questions later. My times run out for now.

Last edited:

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Great to see some new members! Hope you'll both have fun and stay active! :)

Which of the gym leaders introduced in Johto were your favorites and why?
Probably Clair. Dragon is one of my favorite types, and she could be a pretty tough leader if you didn't have an ice or dragon type.
I can definitely agree with you on Clair being tough. One repeating scenario I can recall, was always panicking once I reached Clair's gym. Like I mentioned in an earlier post, throughout nearly all the time that I still owned my Silver version, I had no idea which types Dragon was weak to, so getting through that gym was hell (well depicted with all the lava ;)). That said, I really enjoyed the gym and its puzzles though. I felt like it really executed the "push boulders around to clear the path forward" type of puzzle really well, and was pretty much on par with the one on Seafoam Islands. However, since we'd just done something similar in the Ice Path or w/e it was called leading up to Blackthorne, I felt as though they were getting kinda unoriginal :p But in any case, Clair always served as quite a bit of a challenge, since I had literally nothing that was super effective against her Pokemon, so I guess that's one thing that leaves some memories, even if they were some filled with frustration :) I wouldn't really put her at the top though, since I honestly never really liked her all that much, but I can definitely agree with you on the challenge she provides :p

When did you start loving Johto?

I've always loved Johto. The main reason for the games, where you start off in Johto and continue off to another region(Kanto). This is one of the reasons why I think it tops all regions right now with the extension to another region. The newest 4 doesn't have that love like that ;) Another thing was, when I first saw Lugia, I actually fell in love with it. And I actually thought Celebi was a lot cuter than Mew at the time. I would like to point out that Pokemon Stadium 2 was also one of my most played games in my childhood. It was really fun with just 250 Pokemon to play around with!
Lugia for the win brah! The fact that Kanto was included in the games as well was definitely one of the selling points for me, but I honestly prefer Johto quite a bit over Kanto region-wise. I don't quite know why, but the layout of the region always appealed much more to me. Perhaps because it was much less connected than Kanto was, and thus felt a bit bigger and more diverse, while still being easy to get through and around, and how it incorporated different biomes, which I only feel like was ever really topped by Sinnoh. And it never really felt like they went overboard with anything, like how half of Hoenn was ocean (even though it played well in with the story :p), and how there were so many bridges in Unova. I know they were there to make the games more visually appealing, but I feel like Pokemon games are better off making their visual wonders a bit more subtle, since the visual effects have just never really been one of the things I've really bought Pokemon for, and having to run across all of those bridges just felt kinda pointless :( But yeah, Johto just felt perfect, although I may just be a teeny bit biased in that respect :p

I actually answered the exact same question in a thread in the Metal/Colour forum not too long ago, so I reckon I might just be parroting a lot from that. But it's basically this; while I would love to just be biased and pick Falkner because BIIIIIRDDSSS, Falkner just never really appealed to me as a character. And well, I know there isn't much character to most people in the earlier games, so it's kinda hard to really pick a favourite if that's what you're going by, but even in the anime he didn't stand out much. The one who actually stood out to me the most when it comes to character in the anime, was Pryce. I don't know why, but for some reason I pictured him to be someone who cared a lot about his Pokemon (even though his original sprite just makes him seem like an grumpy old man), but when his character in the anime was first presented, he downright hated Pokemon iirc, and only wanted to use them for battle. Turns out the reason for that was because his first Pokemon, Piloswine, had disappeared while he was a kid, and he though it'd abandoned him, and thus gained that attitude towards Pokemon. But somehow Ash and friends found the Piloswine frozen in a cave somewhere, which completely changed Pryce's view on Pokemon, once he realised that his Piloswine hadn't abandoned him, and he started being more loving towards them, and basically the person I first imagined him to be. And I felt like that added so much more depth than any other non-main character gym leader we'd seen up to that point, and well. It just made me really like him :p However, for some reason old characters in anything like games or animes often turn out to be my favourites, so perhaps I'm just biased in some way?? But yeah, definitely Pryce :D

Years
I've added you guys so thanks for joining! Actually did a while ago but forgot to post here saying so, hnggg.

And Sector, Skarmory actually would be pretty awesome to own. Its design in general is just way cool and I'd love to ride it around!

But oh geez.. Clair brings back some awful memories. I have yet to get past her in my new HeartGold file because she takes my Pokemon out so easily and I have little to counter her with. Kingdra especially is a formidable foe since it isn't weak against ice; your only choice would be to use dragon types against it as fairies don't exist yet and yeah, I don't have any of those yet. xD;; But other than Clair I didn't find the gym leaders to be too hard, especially in G/S/C since many of us were coming from R/B/Y which were some of the more difficult(ish) games in the series.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
I have to ask, did Whitney seemed much easier to beat in HeartGold/SoulSilver than the Gold/Silver/Crystal games?

My favorite Gym Leader? I'd have to go with two. Clair mainly because she's that awesome Dragon gym leader. That Kingdra of hers was amazing. Not to mention she's been trained by Lance, the Dragon champion. What more do you need?

Whitney was annoying to beat back when Generation 2 was in its prime. If anyone thinks cows aren't tough, they're wrong. Miltank can speak for all the cows in every world. I love a challenge, Whitney provides that. ;)

Olli

Years
Kingdra especially is a formidable foe since it isn't weak against ice; your only choice would be to use dragon types against it as fairies don't exist yet and yeah, I don't have any of those yet. xD;;
I honestly completely forgot about Kingdra, and thinking back, I have no idea how I usually got around its Dragon/Water typing, since that would leave the possibility of spamming Surf out of the question (My only strategy :((). But I reckon it just involved the spamming of any other neutral move with a decent amount of power. The only Pokemon that really came to mind when thinking of Clair was Dragonair, and looking at her G/S/C team, I realise why xD I just remember that they usually spammed my Pokemon with Thunder Wave, which was probably what made the battle so horrid, since it gave Kingdra the chance to Hyper Beam, and make it past the recharge turn without getting hit.

I have to ask, did Whitney seemed much easier to beat in HeartGold/SoulSilver than the Gold/Silver/Crystal games?
I haven't played Heartgold/Soulsilver yet, so I can't really speak from own experiences, but from what I've heard and seen, it seems as though the difficulty was turned down a notch when it comes to Whitney. I recall having so much trouble with beating her, due to the crazy amount of damage Miltank's stomp provided, as well the flinch rate. I mean seriously, she got waaay too lucky with that >:[ And then there's the stupid Milk Drink! But to be honest, I kinda miss challenges like that. Sure, it was kinda frustrating, but it definitely gives you something to look back on, and out of all the gym leaders of the second generation, she's the one that I best remember the battles with :p

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
How am I not a part of this yet? I love Johto. I can't explain why, really. Why no legends as partners though ;; Raikou is love.

Name: Rika Adventure
Two Johto Partner Pokemon:
215.png
224.png
(Sneasel and Octillery)
Which of the gym leaders introduced in Johto were your favorites and why? Falkner is hawt. Well, I mean he's pretty cool. I wish he'd been a later gym leader and have Pidgeot and Noctowl and Murkrow and stuff. He deserves that.
Also Morty, he's got this cool aura about him. Might just be the ghost pokémon floating around him though ;)

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
Name: Alex
Two Johto Partner Pokémon:
169.png
Crobat and
248.png
Tyranitar
If you could own one Johto Pokemon and one only, which one would you pick and why?
Definitely Crobat. It's one of my favorite Pokémon of all time and always has been. I love it's speed and it looks awesome as well.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
Name: [supporter]Zeratul[/supporter]
Two Johto Partner Pokemon (optional; no legends please):
234.png
242.png
(Stantler and Blissey :>)

Answer a topic!:

CLAIR! I love that attitude of hers, but sometimes it can get suuper annoying, where she doesn't give you a Gym Badge. But seriously, her design is amazing! That blue and black really represents Dragonair and other Dragons, and it really matches her personality.. She's also Lance's cousin, who is the Champion of Johto, so why can't she be my favorite? If it wasn't Clair, then it would have to be Morty;; he is amazing! Not many people prefer him though, I have no idea why. That beastly Gengar he has can knock any Pokémon out, and on top of that his Gym is a puzzle, and that's what I like! :>

What do you guys think of the Johto starters? Who is your favorite from the group?

Hmm... they are alright. First of all, I don't really like Chikorita. It's okay, but meh; it's really weak. It looks beautiful though. I guess I shouldn't hate it! Cyndaquil's evolutions are seriously cool. I just love Qualiva! It's eyes are soo cute <3 Typhlosion is badass too, but not as badass as my bby Quilava. :>

But Totodile... THAT LITTLE CUTIE! I adore this thing. It's jaws are always open, which is like cool, it's eyes are simply adorable; how can you not like this thing? It's simply the best starter there is out there; or more should I say the best starter EVER! It's evolutions are not so great though. Yeah, they do keep the royal blue, but they didn't look too great, especially Croconaw. I thought we were gonna get something more cool! But still, the colour on this starter family is gorgeous! How can you not resist it!?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Personality-wise, I've gotta say Morty. He's calm and level-headed—you'd rarely see him get upset over anything. It's quite easy to get along with him and become friends. Plus, he specializes in ghost, which is one of my all-time favorite Pokémon types. In terms of competitiveness, my favorite would probably have to be Clair. She provides you with quite a tough challenge whenever you go up against her in-game.

Sort of. I already faced her in Pokémon Silver, so I kinda knew what to expect when I challenged her again in SoulSilver. This time, though, I was well-prepared for her, so it wasn't as hard to beat her as before.

Also, could you update my name on the first post, Janna? :o

Years
Name : Ekdrah
Two Johto Partner Pokemon : Ariados, Crobat
Answer a topic! :

What was the first Johto game you played ?
Silver.

What is your favorite Johto Pokemon and why ?
Crobat, because he look so cool and have one of my favorite pokemon type : Poison.

When did you first start loving Johto ?
When i see the new rival, I think "yeah it's cool".
When i see Gyarados shynie, I think "Oh amazing, what it this ?"
And the storie with Team rocket who try to come back is so cool.

If you could own one Johto Pokemon and one only, which one would you pick and why ?
Hard question, Ariados & Crobat excluding, I thing I chose Gligar because he is cute and he look like a funny jester.

Jasmine, she is Cute, friendly & in some time when it's come to fight she is strong.

What do you guys think of the Johto starters? Who is your favorite from the group?
I think they are cool, but not Chikorita, I don't like it.
and i think i chose Cyndaquil because he is the most cute of the three.
Totodile is cool to but for me Cyndaquil he's the better.

Years
Everyone has been added, hooray! Welcome, loves!

Aw, Ekdrah, you don't like Chikorita? Why not? I think she's super adorable but she's also pretty weak and most of the gym leaders in Johto are a bad match for her. >.< But I enjoy using her a lot despite that since she's my favorite design-wise, haha. But Cyndaquil and Totodile are totally rockin', too.

Years
yeah I don't really like the green color, and the "pearl" around her is so weird.
The Leaf in her head is so poor too, why not a lot of leaf ?
so that why i don't really like Chikorita.

Olli

Years
yeah I don't really like the green color, and the "pearl" around her is so weird.
I actually kinda like Chikorita design-wise :o To me, Cyndaquil was the one that came out the most bland, but I generally liked all of them. I think the green colour really suits it, and it generally fits in with the rest of the bright colour theme that the generation 2 starters kinda had. As for the single leaf; I can't really imagine Chikorita with more than one, and I kinda feel like it'd be a bit overkill if it had a bunch of leaves on top of its head, but eh, it may just be because I'm a bit biased to the current design :p But to each their own, I can understand why you wouldn't like it, but to me it just generally comes out as a bright and cute design :)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I really like the design of the starters in Johto. I loved them in the anime and I think Ash's Totodile should evolve some day too, just like Bayleef and Quilava have.

Years

I agree with Olli but can still see what you mean! Sometimes I wonder what Pokemon would look like if they had different designs and Chikorita might still look pretty adorable if changed up a bit. Perhaps now is the time to consult my artistic side. n_n;

I really like the design of the starters in Johto. I loved them in the anime and I think Ash's Totodile should evolve some day too, just like Bayleef and Quilava have.

I can't see Ash's Totodile as a Feraligatr due to its comedical personality but as a Croconaw.. definitely something I'd be interested in seeing. So I am in support of this! Perhaps he'd bring his Johto starters over at some point during his Kalos journey (though I'm not sure what the chances of that would really be, haha). Clearly it's never too late for an evolution. :D

Anywho, new topic! What did you feel about Eusine, the Suicune-chaser present in Crystal, HeartGold, and SoulSilver? Was he fun, useless? Did you perhaps want him to have a bigger role?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
What did you feel about Eusine, the Suicune-chaser present in Crystal, HeartGold, and SoulSilver?
What was nice to see him, certainly, but he didn't do anything other than raise awareness of Suicune. xD" Would've definitely been sweet if he played a bigger role. One thing that he could have done is, in my opinion, help you take Team Rocket down once you get to Kanto after defeating the Pokémon League.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
All I can think of is Eusine in the manga, where he was Crystal's friend and companion for a while. HE IS AWESOME THERE. c: I think he should have been given a bigger role in the battle against Team Rocket, yeah. He and Morty.

Olli

Years
What did you feel about Eusine, the Suicune-chaser present in Crystal, HeartGold, and SoulSilver?

I honestly had no idea that Eusine even existed until a while after the release of Heartgold and Soulsilver, when I actually went to watch a playthrough of the games. I mean, he only appeared in Crystal out of the original 3, and that wasn't a game I nor any of my friends ever owned, so I never really had a chance of knowing him, so yeah, the fact that he actually was a returning character came as a bit of a surprise to me. But in any case, I actually kinda like him. I mean, we don't often hear of people apart from the evil teams devoting all their time to catching a single rare Pokemon, even though the concept is so simple. And I guess that's what I mostly like about him, the fact that he introduces such an obvious concept, but also that his personality really fits it, and I honestly think it's a shame that there isn't one scenario where he actually gets to catch it. Well, I don't know about the manga, as I only read a bit into the Crystal arc, but I also really liked him in there. How he in the beginning was super competitive with Crystal in the beginning (I think? I don't really remember), but eventually ended up working alongside her.

I just generally find him to be a slightly crazy, yet polite and nice character, and I would just love to see more "normal" characters with the same concept as him. Evil teams can't be the only ones that are hunting legendary Pokemon >:(

Years
I guess it's about time I answer my own topic! Shame on me. :'(

Anyways, I actually really liked Eusine. His role in the anime only solidified my liking for him more in the games but I was really hoping he'd get a bigger role in HG/SS. The character had a lot of potential and deserved more than just meeting him twice and having a single battle; the battle itself wasn't ever anything interesting, either, as he appears and then disappears almost instantly. Poor guy could've been so much more.

Anyways, moving on! Let's talk about the Pokemon in Johto more. Which Johto Pokemon mega evolution is your favorite and why?

181-m.png
212-m.png
214-m.png
229-m.png
248-m.png

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
Name: Venitardus
Two Johto Partner Pokemon (optional; no legends please): Feraligatr and Ariados
Answer a topic!: What is your favorite Johto Pokemon and why? I'd have I say Crobat because it got me through a lot of tough situations through my journeys. Also I love it's typing and design.

What wa the first johto game you played? For me it was gold. Me and my brother were 'rivals' since he had silver at the time. We actually tried to see who can beat the other to the end. I don't remember who won though.

Which Johto Pokemon mega evolution is your favorite and why?

I never actually used any johto megas, but if I'd had to choose I'd say mega tyranitar because it has a cool design (so does everyone else actually... Except heracross. I don't know what happened there.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back