• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.

D. Lawride

Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!
Years
Okay then, new update:

New Screenshots, revealing two new Pokémon as well, a new map, and a some more credits.

By the way, sorry if the quality seems a bit downgraded, but the uploading apparently turned .bmp into .jpg. <.<

D. Lawride

Years
Time for an update!

We're closing in to releasing the first demo, since we have most Fakemon we'll need ready to be used.

I also updated some maps and put up several new screenshots. Unfortunately, none of them has 4th Gen sprites yet, but I promise we'll have them done before the release of the demo.

That being said, enjoy the information I've made available for now! :D

D. Lawride

Years
Alright, new update! All of our Starters are finished! Here's a small poster of them (if you've seen them on deviantArt, shut your yap :3).

Secret_of_the_Starters_by_Midnitez_REMIX.png

Also, all of the cities that will appear in the demo have been finished, and are ready to go! We are now waiting for the overworlds to be completed and some more Fakemon to be sprited before moving on to the first Demo release!

I hope you keep up with the game! =D

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
wait Ardos and Eldes?????
I love you. jk. But seriously its nice to see some love for the admins. I'm assuming Ardos has stayed evil and Eldes is good?

D. Lawride

Years
wait Ardos and Eldes?????
I love you. jk. But seriously its nice to see some love for the admins. I'm assuming Ardos has stayed evil and Eldes is good?

You guessed right! xD

I'm basically taking off from where the Gale of Darkness storyline ended. :D

D. Lawride

Years
Well, updated the screenshots with the latest sprites, as well as the final version of events for the demo, which is almost finished; the game having crashed earlier today didn't help either. Thank me there was a backup there.

Spoiler:

Also, for those who don't know, the Nightmare Project team periodically holds livestream recordings here, and you can follow most of our progrees in our group on deviantArt.

D. Lawride

Years
Alright, we've finally passed on to the Beta Testing phase!

Now that the game is being tested, I think I should reveal the starters, since the only thing I gave last time was their shadow.

Starters_Secrets_Revealed_by_Midnitez_REMIX.png

Left to right:
Deash (Dark) - Poishark (Dark/Water) - Deviathan (Dark/Water)

Minitaur (Fighting) - Oksand (Fighting/Ground) - Malletaur (Fighting/Ground)

Shin (Electric) - Indrashin (Electric/Psychic) - Raishin (Electric/Psychic)​

Don't forget that each of these starter Pokémon also has an alternate, final evolution, obtained thanks to an item, most likely a shard or stone.

The Starter's types were done according to the game's title - and as such as mostly themed around nightmares and what's scary.

Stick around; the demo shouldn't take too long, now! =D

D. Lawride

Years
ill be a beta tester =D if thts ok tht is

The beta testing places are all taken for this demo, sorry :/

Though, if you were to stick around, maybe you could get to test the next demos. I easily accept beta testers, it's just that this demo has already been debugged and is only awaiting the last sprites xD

D. Lawride

Years
A very small update, just to show the very early version of how the PDA will look like in the demo. It doesn't have all the details, which are still being put into. The sprite isn't also the final version.

screnieeeee.png

This here is a version that was compiled instead of being a screenshot. It's the guide I used to create the screenshot above. You can also find it here to know more details about it: http://donlawride.deviantart.com/art/Lower-Screen-Preview-175636919

Spoiler:

By the way, I created (rather, recreated) the whole PDA interface using a screenshot, so it's not really perfect xD

D. Lawride

Years
can you post the demo soon. the game looks wicked amazing!

i agree that the game is amazing and stuff but i dont think rushing him will make him feel at ease

Thanks a lot to both! =D

Eheh, don't worry; I'm simply waiting for the final sprites before actually releasing it. It shouldn't take much longer now! =D

Well then, I'll take this chance to update too:

Here's something new for everyone; meet the Warp Statues, which you will be using plenty of times, I'm sure:
TheStatue.png

TheIceCave.png
Pirates.png
FossilCave.png

TheSaltMarshGate.png
TheSaltMarsh.png

TrainStation-1.png

I also updated the region map:

Map-1.png

And finally, added a Hidden Item section:

The Hidden moves Items!
Because we all know you don't like HMs at all xD

Spoiler:

Last edited:

MegaNew

Pokémon Unetta Owner
Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2011
I love the ivysaur makes the game seem interesting. Thats my opinion :)

D. Lawride

Years
A small update today since the sprites are taking a bit more than we expected.

This time, I updated the Litindle Town and Victala City maps. They have the 4th overworlds now, and other corrections in layout and whatnot. You can find them under the category 'Overworld Maps' in the first page, or in our group's page on deviantArt, along with more of our map samples and screenshots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back