• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Black Eclipse

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 3, 2011
Hi, I'm BallisticBlastoise and I was formerly known as Metamew. Some of you might know me as the leader of the Pokemon Weather fan game and are probably wondering what's going on with it. Well, needless to say I was disappointed that we worked so hard on it only for me to abandon the project. It was even a bigger disappointment to go through my laptop and see all the sprites and game info sitting lonely in a distant unused part of my laptop.

So out of disappointment and not wanting all this hard work to go to waste, I'm determined once again and for a 4th time to revive this project. Our game is now called Pokemon Black Eclipse and the storyline has changed a good bit.
One main reason for changing the game up was we planned to have legendary dragon pokemon (Chroncos and Elyshagon) that control time and space but somehow Nintendo had that idea as well so I decided to scrap that and since I did this destroyed a major part of the Pokemon Weather story. There's more changes to the game but I'll list that later on.

eclipsebanner.png

Table of Contents:
1.1 Story Summary
1.2 Features
1.3 Screenshots
1.4 TMs/HMs
1.5 Jobs
1.6 Features
1.7 Credits
1.8 Demo Info

1.1 Story:
gohir.png
Gohir has long been known for its myths and mysteries.. In this game, you play the role of either
sonnyj.png
Sonny (male hero) or
ravena.png
Raven(female hero). Your mom noticed something special about you as you grew up in Pinark Islands. She realized you had a passion for pokemon and loved to collect things. She knew you would be an asset in helping the professor with his research project and beat his rival to become the #1 authority on pokemon in the region.

Your mom gets you to help the professor and he was delighted to finally find someone to help him. He will then offer you a free pokemon(one out of the three starters) but he puts you through a test first. Once you pass this test, you get your starter pokemon.The main characters are unlike Red, Gold, etc because they don't want to be pokemon masters , they just like collect pokemon and enjoy battling for fun. Their desires will take a different turn throughout the story though.

Throughout the story, you will meet and fight alongside Russell. He's a master martial artist and owner of the Fire Fist Dojo on Norcove Island. He was given a rare shiny ball by his grandfather for his birthday. This ball, also known as a Wish Ball, will be stolen from his house at the beginning of game. When you and Russell find out the importance of this ball and the what the thieves plan on using for you, you guys attempt to stop them and their leader Claude who's standing behind the curtain orchestrating everything.

an attempt to stop a rich business man (Claude) from collecting all three wish balls thus summoning Genine and bringing about the mythical Black Eclipse.

What you and Russell don't know is that there's three wish balls in all and Claude wants to gather them to make a wish. Once gathered, a legendary pokemon named Genine will appear and grant the summoner 1 wish. Myth has it that Genine used to grant more wishes but the legendary fairy pokemon abused this and were cursed by Genine for life. Even after the balls were reduced to 1 wish, people all over the world came to Gohir and continually abused the Wish Balls. Genine finally had enough and scattered the balls throughout various hard to reach places in Gohir and decided to not show up even if all three balls were collected.

Claude the rich business man and avid mythology reader had read all about this but was still determined to have his wish. He learns later on in the story that Genine can't be summoned anymore even with balls but being the cunning businessman he was, he devised a scheme around this obstacle. Based on what he read about the legendary pokemon Kororae(sun diety) and Nulbese(moon diety), he learned that he could summon Genine by making them fight. Making Kororae and Nulbese fight causes a disorder in nature and the dreaded Black Eclipse plagues world. It's been recorded that during the Eclipse, cities in Gohir have been swallowed by the sea, scorched by the sun, amd cursed with eternal darkness. In any case, only Genine has the power to stop both legendaries and put an end to the Eclipse. Claude figures that if he could summon Genine this way and appear to it with the Wish balls collected, that Genine has no choice but to grant him his wish.

Russell recalls hearing a story from his grandfather about the Great Eclipse that happened about 150 years ago and remembers word for word of his grandpa's bone-chilling story. With this in mind, Russell encourages and emphasizes that you guys need to defeat Claude and his team of henchman called Alphas.

You guys have two objectives – gather the wish balls before Claude do and stop his henchmen (the Alphas) from provoking a fight between Kororae (sun diety) and Nulbese (moon diety). Even if all this is just a myth, the people of Gohir don't want to risk all this destruction on a man and his desire for a wish. You must work with Russell to stop Claude and his Alphas before its too late. The fate of Gohir depends on you…

1.2 Features:
New heroes!; Choose between Sonny(male hero) or Raven(female hero)!

New starters and legendary pokemon! 120+ new pokemon

Tropichim (Tropical Chimp) (in progress) Grass
blazphur.png
Blazphur Type: Fire (Fire Furry);
acudra.png
Acudra Water (Sea Dragon)
Type: Grass

Cool gym leaders and badges!
An amazing storyline! Not just beat Team fill in the blank because they're evil. One of your goals is to help the Professor beat his rival.
New Light type!
Dig is now HM08. Use it to find items in the ground!
Endangered pokemon – Breed endangered wild pokemon and release them to prevent them from being extinct.
Pokepal (Works like Pokegear; Comes with many applications like Portable PC!)
Aura power -Every pokemon will have an aura color; Each color increases the points of a certain base stat. So if you caught a Pikachu with let's say a yellow aura, it'll get +10 points added to it's 90 pts in its Speed Base stat.

1.3 Screenshots:
Screen 1 - Sonny visits Oran City's Pokemon Center and talks to Day Care Lady
Screen 2 - Leaves Pokemon Center
Screen 3 - Talking to Police officier about someone's house being robbed.
Screen 4 - Leaves Oran City; Enter Route 146.
Screen 5 - A wooden board gives Sonny advice >_>
Screen 6 - Screen 5 continued
Screen 7 - Youngster Riley wants to know what your hurry is.
Screen8 - Youngster Riley caught new pokemon and is anxious to test them out.
Screen9 - Youngster Riley ...
Screen10 - Sonny shows off the fire starter(Blazphur) he recieved from the professor.

blackeclipsescreens.png

1.4 TMs/HMs:
TMs in progress

HM01 - Cut trees down
HM02 - Fly to cities
HM03 - Surf across the seas and ocean.
HM04 - Strength to move boulders
HM05 - Flash to lighten dungeons
H06 - Rock Smash to smash rocks
HM07- Waterfall to climb waterfalls
HM08 - Dig to find items in the ground or get to unreachable areas.

1.5 Jobs:
Pm me if you're interested. All members who contributed to this game will get due credit.

Backup Spriter N/A (3 positions open)
Review in-game sprites/art and make them look better. Sprite some new trainers or items that haven't been spriter already.
Duties:
-Shading/Editing sprites and art
-Creating new sprites or art if needed

Scripting Help (2 positions open)
I have a lot of ideas I want to implement but I'm going to need someone to help me script them out.
Duties:
-Work with me and help script events and ideas.

Backup Story Writer: N/A (2 positions open)
Help me continue writing a great story for this game by editing and contributing your own ideas.
Duties:
-Write dialogue for everything in game.
-Help me write storyline.
-Write info for trainers/gym leaders (things like their names and what pokemon they have)

Backup Mapper: N/A (2 positions open)
Every place in the game hasn't been mapped yet. I'll give you the name of a place and its info and you can use your creativity to map up something amazing.
Duties:
-Use your creativity to map out cities, towns, routes, and special areas.

Pokemon Data: N/A (2 positions open)
Set stats, create movesets, and all info concerning our new pokemon.
Duties:
-Create movesets for new pokemon
-Set base stats and overall stats
-Fill out pokedex info for 122 new pokemon (I'll pm you the format)

Music, Cries, Sound effects, etc – N/A (2 positions)
Create or find new music, sound effects, and pokemon cries.
Duties:
-Create or find music we can use
-Create 122 new pokemon cries
-Create or find sound effects.

1.6 Demo Information/Updates:
I want to have a demo released where you will be able to play from the beginning of the game all the way to first gym. Once you get your badge, the demo will end. The demo is about 10% complete as of now.

1.7 Credits:
I can't thank all the people who helped us enough. I really grateful for everything that's been contributed to this project and if I forgot to add you to the list, pm me.

Credits List
Castform
Kamon/Krimm
MattGCN/Mattsparkz
Ashura
Earunder Telrunya
Spriters Resource
Neo-Dragon
Flameguru/Poccil (Thanks alot for the amazing kit!)
Barbra
FMY from Pokemon Treasures (Thanks for the storage space)
Krusty Toenail
Arachyos

Remember to pm me if I forgot to add you to the list. And also, don't forget to show your support!

tropichimsupport.png

blazphursupport.png

acudrasupport.png

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
It's nice to see you around. I haven't heard from you in a long time and I remember we used to chat a lot.
Good to see your still active and interested in fan game development.
Good luck with this one.

Tudj

HeartGold :P
Years
This game looks good, I like a few of the screenies, good luck on progress and hope to see updates.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 3, 2011
Thanks Neo and everyone for the replies! Been extremely busy lately but I promise new screens and updates on this week. We're still looking for anyone interested in helping out so check the first post in the topic to see a list of jobs available.

I also, how do I change my game's title name in rgpmakerxp?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 3, 2011
Update as promised:

The first screenshots are of the main character's hometown Staruno Island. It's one of the many beautiful islands that make up the chain of Pinark Islands.
More updates this week!

oldmancantfindteethstar.png

boystarunoisland.png

grandsonstarunoisland.png

grandson3starunoisland.png

~Red

Meh. Hate me if you will.
Years
There appears to be an error, there's a line in the bottom right section of the houses. Apart from that, I've never seen houses like it and originality is a big plus!

Back