• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Digimon Genesis [M] [OOC]

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
DIGIMON | GENESIS

dg_zps3ce884f6.jpg

Prologue​
Many years ago the Digital World was in a state of total chaos. Evil Digimon began to rise at random occurrences and began to wreak havoc in the Digital World, each wanting to possess great power for themselves. Ranging from Devimon and his Black Gears to Etemon and his Dark Network to Myotismon and his empire to finally Apocalymon. The Digidestined of Odaiba, Japan banded together for a common cause and ultimately took down every single antagonist in their path, creating peace not only in the Digital World, but the Real World as well. For the years that follow, this peace remained between the two worlds without any hurt, harm, or danger... or so this was thought.

Some time after the recreation of the Digital World after Apocalymon's terror, there were talks within the Digital World for a new order of leadership. It was voted that the three Celestial Digimon (Seraphimon, Ophanimon, and Cherubimon) would be the rulers over the Digital World and their Legion of Angelic Digimon would be their law enforcement. For several digital years, this newfound digital government worked peacefully and fluidly. Digimon were rebuilding their own towns and areas while benefiting generously and fruitfully. In fact, the Digital World was in a grand state of surplus that was never seen before in recent years. Everyone was in great favor of the Celestial Digimon's counsel; everyone except one particular Digimon.

Lucemon, an Angel Digimon, was rumored to become the leader of the Digital World shortly after the demise of Apocalymon. However, Lucemon was deemed too young and inexperienced to be fit for a leader. Because of his ancestral ties to the original leader over the Digital World, Lucemon was very furious that he was blocked from his "rightful" seat at the throne of the Digital World. Because of this, Lucemon became a very troubled and trouble-making Digimon, infamous to several Digimon across the Digital World. As the years went by, Lucemon began to recruit Digimon that were in favor of his cause and slowly, but surely, things began to go awry in the Digital World. Random robberies occurred, Digimon were assaulted, and leadership was in question. It wasn't until the sudden disappearance of the three Celestial Digimon that something was done. What made matters even worse was that Digimon were beginning to appear in the Real World again, wreaking even more havoc than in previous years.

The Legion of Angelic Digimon, being unsuccessful at protecting their leaders, decided that it was time to take drastic measures. They were not sure as to how and why the Celestial Digimon were taken, but they knew that something bad was sure to happen. Knowing that Digimon's power tended to increase around the presence of humans, the Legion of Angelic Digimon had a theory of how to solve their issue: partner up select Digimon with humans again. The only problem was: they were not sure as to how the Digimon would select the humans due to severed linked between the Digital World and the Real World. The Legion was taking a wild guess by sending Digi-Eggs into the Real World in hopes that these new Digimon would find a way to partner with humans, so that these unknown Digidestined could protect their world while the Legion tried their best two protect the Digital World. The fate of two worlds was at stake and the powers of evil were winning this battle.​

Our Story​
You are an ordinary young adult trying to find your purpose in life. You have reached that point in your life where things are perhaps a bit awkward. For example, maybe you have just turned eighteen years old and your parents are getting on your nerves about becoming a legal adult now. Or maybe you are a twenty-year-old whose struggling to figure out what the heck you want to do once you graduate from college. Or maybe you're a nineteen-year-old bum who works at the local burger joint flipping burgers without a care in the world. Nonetheless, one thing about you is for certain: you battle random Digimon by night. You and your Digimon have been partnered together for about a year now and you two have grown close with one another. It understands you and you understand it. Your partner is your best friend. However, things get a little interesting when your Digimon realizes... there are others like you. What will happen when paths cross?​

The Digidestined​
The Digidestined are all one big team, whether they get along together or not. As Digidestined, they each have their own Digimon as well as Digital Devices or Digivices called the D-Touch, in a hue of color suited to match their Digimon aura. The D-Touches have specific applications (similar to an I-Phone) that allow them access to a variety of functions, such as Digivolving (once accessible).

The Legion of Angelic Digimon specifically sent seven Digi-Eggs into the Real World in an effort to combat the random appearances of Digimon into the Real World. Naturally, Digimon are comfortable in their Rookie state and thus far, the Digidestined have only been able to Digivolve their partners to the Rookie Stage. The Digimon are as follows:

Salamon
Coronamon
Lunamon
Lalamon
FanBeemon
Veemon - Taken
Hawkmon

Although the Digidestined were not selected by the Legion, they indeed were selected (or more so attracted) by their Digimon partners. Virtuous traits displayed by the Digidestined led to the respect Digi-Egg ultimately being placed in a convenient and noticeable position for the Digidestiend. The virtuous traits are as follows:

Chastity - A person who is pure at heart and filled with intelligence.
Temperance - A person who has self control and a good sense of justice.
Charity - A person who is a generous giver and will take one for the team.
Diligence - A person who has a great work ethic and persistent.
Patience - A person who shows tolerance of others and is peaceful.
Kindness - A person who is loyal and displays integrity.
Humility - A person who is humble and brave - Mario Griffin

Rules​
In case you did not know, this specific roleplay shares a few traits with John Milton's Paradise Lost (with story of the fallen angel wanting to wage war against the angels). Also, this roleplay is set several years after the first season of Digimon (in an alternate universe of course) with the idea that the second season (or any season following for that manner) did not happen. Just a friendly reminder.

This RP does not have any particular way of "leveling up" or anything like that. This roleplay wil be a bit like us all writing a story together and fitting pieces together as well as they see fit. What I mean by this is that everyone will get a chance to shine. There are no leaders in this roleplay and no character is more important than the other. All of our characters are needed because this is one team and they all revolve around each other. One specific request that I have for the characters is that they be between the ages of 18 and 21 as this RP will be a bit more mature than your usual Digimon RP.

The virtue that you are trying out for must reflect, in some kind of way (doesn't have to be huge), your character's personality. For example, if your character is the holder of the Charity virtue, it would be ideal if your character is giving and charitable. You wouldn't want a character with Charity trait to be selfish now would you? However, your character must have faults. No perfect characters please! If you are not selected for the virtue you want, simply change the virtue and tweak your character's personality if you want to apply for another one. Also, the Digimon on the list are the only Digimon available, however I will assign the Digimon to the characters that have been selected for the RP. How exciting will that be not knowing your Digimon until all character slots are filled!

Only you are in control of your character and your character's partner Digimon, period. No one else can control how your characters act, feel, think, etc. There will be non-playable characters that I assign at specific moments that we call can play. There will also be specific characters that I may assign to people (if they are comfortable) in order to get a bit of variety going. This keeps everyone involved and everyone happy, even when their character isn't the primary focus at that point in time.

Please, no god-modding or power playing in this RP. Characters and Digimon alike will get hurt mentally and physically and it is no fun if characters are powerful from the jump. Character development will be a major factor in this RP, but we can't have strong minded Digidestined and super powerful Digimon from the get-go.

As far as In-Character posts, I require that everyone posts AT LEAST once a week in the main RPG thread because we have to get this baby going. Ideally, I would like everyone to post at least three times a week so that the RP can get moving, but once a week is good enough for me. There will be no post order or any of that, you may post when you feel comfortable to post. However, do not post so much without everyone posting that someone gets left behind or lost about what's going in the RP please.

As far as Out-of-Character posts, please post in the discussion thread as much as possible. The OOC thread is kind of like our personal RP Lounge where we can talk about the RP, random things going on in life, and plot ideas. It's your place to relax, take a break, discuss the RP, and get to know the people you're posting with. I also will post major plot movements in the OOC thread so be on the look out for that as well as a few random acts of stupidity on my part!

Above all, have fun! Digimon is one of my favorite franchises and I hope that this RP does a great job in entertaining you all. This is OUR story. Let's make it a good one!​

Application​
Name: (full name)
Birthday: (month and day)
Virtue: (pick from the seven)
Partner: (leave blank)

Appearance: (describe your character's physical appearance as well as fashion)
Personality: (describe how your character acts, keep in mind that some part of your character's personality should coincide with their virtue)
History: (a brief history about your character's childhood, family, how they are now, and how they met their digimon initially)
Facts: (5 random facts about your character that are interesting)​

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
Reserve please! I have a character who is just waiting for this. I'll hopefully have it up soon. Is it all right if I expand on the SU a little bit?

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
Awesome Fuyu and feel free to expand as long as you have at least the minimum requirements. I look forward to your character! :)

Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2013
Please reserve FanBeemon for me! I'll have a SU up ASAP :)

After a slightly more focused read-through of the rules, I realize that I can't reserve FanBeemon, however, I'm still very much interested.

Last edited:

Flyborg

I was halfway to Gotham City
Years
I'm thinking about joining, but I have a few questions

- What time of the year is the story starting out
- If the story doesn't take place in the digital world, where in the real world is it?
- I'm sure this is a stupid question, but do the partner digimon's gender have to match the gender of the humans?

Thank you.

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
@Flyborg - 1. Its starting out in the Spring. Around March. 2. I actually forgot to mention that it takes place in New York. However there will be a time where the story is in the Digital World. 3. Not necessarily. Guys can have girl Digimon and vice versa. Depends on how I feel with the decision. Great questions!

@lacoste - I'll keep that in mind lol!

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
Name: Jayce Thomas
Nicknames/Aliases: Jay, Kana
Birthday: November 9th
Family:

Elliot Thomas (Father)
Lacey Thomas (Mother, deceased)
Kayla White (Stepmother)
Dylan Thomas (Elder brother)
Nicky White (Stepsister, same age)
Elizabeth "Lilly" White (youngest stepsister)

Occupation: Online musician known as Kana, known on various message boards, cashier at a CD store in the mall, Mix Tape, full time student
Likes: Playing instruments, her own laptop, quiet time to think, oranges, the safety of her room, cleanliness, swingsets
Dislikes: mud, speaking up, yellow highlighters, the sound of slamming lockers, graves,
Dreams: To make a friend in her college, to find a nice girl/guy, maybe to be an internet sensation musically, to go through life mostly unnoticed
Fears: speeches, lice, zombies, someone realizing she's not normal, heights (she has a severe fear that she will jump off without thinking about it)
Virtue: Temperance

Appearance:

Jayce is a small woman, always has been, always will be. She barely goes over the five foot mark, reaching 5'3" with a spare inch aided by her shoes. Her skin is relatively creamy, yet pale pink scars run along all of her body and tinge her glow of health to something slightly dimmer. In layman's terms, it actually makes her look slightly sick and helpless. Thin, almost birdlike bones make her almost too skinny for women's clothing (she can still fit in the girl's section in everything but obviously, her breast size). She has red hair, the red the same color as marker on a white shirt. It reaches down to her shoulders and spills over, parts held up by black ribbons. Her favorite color, of course, is red. She has pale, almost pinkish eyes, done by contacts. They are actually light blue and almond shaped. Her curves are small, enough for her to prefer a sports bra. Her nails are painted light red just to match.

Jayce, being from a private school, has a long-standing attachment to her uniform. Therefore, she is wearing it most of the time. Since it is spring, she has switched early to the summer uniform. She doesn't exactly notice it very much anyway so it's pointless to look. So at the moment, she is dressed in a white dress shirt (male) and a plaid, pleated skirt. The skirt's red and black plaid coloring is striking against her skin and reaches just above her knees. The end is slightly frayed from wearing. Followed by this are black, knee-high socks and brown Mary Jane dress shoes. Humble little things they are.

In a casual setting that doesn't have her in a uniform (which is rare), she is normally found in a dark blue tank top and black jacket. Again she is in a skirt but this one is dark to work with black leggings and flats. In this outfit, her feet are bare and all of her hair is down. Instead of her ribbons, her long hair is held in a semblance of neatness by a large, dark-green beret.

Cold weather involves her in yet another type of outfit. (The actual colors vary depending on the day, but she knows her clothes). Long sleeves are everywhere and earmuffs of a varying shades of red are around her neck or on her head. She hates most hats. It's also the only time to bust out the humble duck boots to get through the slush.

Personality:

Jayce is a girl who just wants to be normal. She takes great pains to appear that way. Small, shy, in the background, Jayce is silently wanting to join everybody but is too out of touch with reality to actually try. It takes more effort to pretend at normalcy than it is to actually be normal but that doesn't stop Jayce from trying. She is not very good at making friends. Half her words are stuttered and murmured, despite the fact that she has very little in the way of bangs to hide her eyes. The floor or anywhere but the person's face is her favorite place to look at. She can't give away a single hint that that long scratch down her arm doesn't hurt. It's difficult, endless. However, she presses on, not sure of what else to try.

Jay has an extreme love of music and musicians. there is sheet music all over her wall and a keyboard sits, well worn and used daily, in her room. She practices with the extremity of someone who forced herself to be good at something. Jayce is not smart. She is just barely a little over average. However, to be that way is something she is not trying to change. Jayce has too much energy spent trying to remind herself what normal children do and keeping herself from collapsing every day from some silly comment or possibly getting up from having been run over by a bicycle. Because people just don't do that. As such, because her focus is so narrow-minded, she barely has any friends, never having the development properly adjusted, not matter how her family worked at it. She was too shy to shout, too meek to lose her temper.

It takes a great deal to make her well and truly saddened by much of anything for herself. Pity is an emotion she dislikes and doesn't understand. Being in such away, despite how pathetic she can clearly look, is enough to agitate her to the point of childish movements such as a sticking out of the tongue or huffy pouts. Her anger is mostly petulant, quick to rise and quick to fade. The few times you get a well and good sulk out of her are mostly when you consistently fret or worry on her well-being. Boy does she hate that like a dog hates vaccuum cleaners.

Also, this chick loves the internet. Give her a laptop and some cables and despite her abysmal ability in algebra, she is a whizkid with anything mechanical and digital. She loves it, always has. It's how she got into the school she got into. Hands-on is her forte and seeing her working with it is when there is always a smile on Jayce's face. It's how she got on Youtube

History:
For someone who doesn't consider herself quite as ordinary as she would like, Jayce had a moderately normal upbringing. Born in New York to a couple of geniuses. The youngest sibling at the time, Dylan was the one who would frequently notice her cut hands or bruised knees and take a shine to fixing them. After all, it was perfectly normal for little children to have such wounds. It was not normal for them not to cry about them when they bled quite so horribly as Jayce's own did.

Sadly, there was very little that they could do about Jay's disability when it was discovered, except teach her to be very, very careful. Her mother was usually in the hospital as it was. It was on one of these trips that she died, hit by a drunk driver when Jayce was sick. It touched their family quite deeply. Lacey had been an eternally cheerful woman, encouraging her children to explore their boundaries and teaching Jay to play the piano. With the loss, her lovable, outgoing father retreated into a quiet, solemnly cheerful individual. Her brother grew also, incredibly more protective. Even now, despite the fact that she is eighteen, he is still called a mother hen. He might as well be one.

It took about two years for her father to start dating again. During this, Jayce was enrolled in a private school. She didn't complain at all. However, during that time Dylan encouraged a set of rules for her to follow, to be very careful in how she lived from that moment. Private school with real teachers and no real excuses could get her in trouble if they found out she was different. Her brother happened to be entering middle school at that time and he had learned very well waht the consequences of being different would be.

Despite this, Jayce did well. As well as she could. She was still crippling in her shyness and had few people to be considered friends. People talked to her a lot, but she wasn't a shining student and never got shining attention. Well, except in the music room. However, that quickly frightened her and she soon took to practicing privately. This satisfied her through elementary school and part of middle school. It even helped her get through her father's second marriage.

She did not hate her father for the actions he took, in fact she liked having a girl her own to admire and be all girly around her. She loved it. She also learned the wonders of the internet from this sister. It was quite amusing. They are always on Skype with each other, even to this day. Jay never considers herself quite so happy outside of music as with her stepsister.They work together to make her music videos.

Around the age of seventeen, she tried to get a job. It was hard. She honestly stuttered through most of the interview, barely preventing herself from falling over. However, it worked, just as Nicky's persuasion toward making the videos worked. She met her Digimon a year after that, on the way home in a downpour. She had been in Central Park for hours, practicing her singing under a tree. It was risky to her health and self-esteem but she had done it, wanting to hear the difference in sound from her room. Taking the creature home, she called it a toy for her brother to play with, and hid it in her room. That creature became Jayce's first official critic.

Facts:
  • Jayce has congenital insensitivity to pain, so she's mostly immune to the drastic changes of temperature, or it's more that she can't feel it. Also, it hinders her ability to know she is hurt, so she will frequently keep working long after she should have stopped, even if her hands are bleeding.
  • Jay is badly allergic to lemons and lemon products. She has a cat named Glitter (named by her youngest sister) in her room.
  • Jay has horrible handwriting and would get out of every handwriting assignment ever, if she could.
  • She also has a mild case of OCD that attacks whenever there are papers on the floor.
  • Kana's talents are occasionally spoken of in school, but for the most part, they remain an internet sensation, as she has never made a music video with her face.
Talents: Singing, audio mixing, gymnastics, sleeping anywhere, money, half-finishing sketches

Last edited:

Flyborg

I was halfway to Gotham City
Years
tumblr_m42zqfKnZ61r2jiaxo1_500.jpg

Do the the digimon in this scenario have personal names to differentiate themselves from other members of their speices, or are they all one of a kind?

Anywhoo...

Name: Elijah "Eli" Mason
Birthday: February 15th
Virtue: Diligence
Partner:

Appearance: Elijah is a tall and muscular man. He stands at about 6'6 and weights around 196 lbs. His nose tilted slightly upward. He has a light tan due to how much time he spends outside. His hair is short and blond, and has green eyes. You will be hard pressed to find him in anything other than a T-shirt, jeans, and work boots. But during the winter, he puts on sweaters.

Personality: The first thing you will notice about Eli is his rural southern accent. He hates it when people write him off as an idiot because of it. Growing up, Eli had a strong work ethic beat into him by his parents, and as a result he despises leaving things unfinished. While he identifies himself as a redneck, he doesn't appreciate being called one in a negative connotation. He tries to fight the common redneck stereotype of being stupid and prejudiced by keeping an open mind about things, but his temper can make it difficult sometimes. Too blow off steam, he regularly exercises; it doesn't work too well (but his girlfriend doesn't mind.) While gruff and blunt when you are getting to know him, he really is a nice guy, and can get very protective of his friends. Children bring the best out of him.

History: Eli grew up the rural area of Orange County, New York. His parents, Melissa and Pete, had two other boys, Issac and David. He never liked how rednecks were portrayed on TV, and it didn't help that many of his neighbors enforced those stereotypes. In high school, he really played against type by hanging around the goth clique (His current girlfriend since junior year, Chloe Kirkman, is goth, albeit a bit perky.) He at first worked his butt off to get good grades to prove to the world (and himself) that he was smart, but eventually cooled down due to accepting who he is.

He and Chloe moved to New York City, Both of them wanted to expand their horizons during their college years. Eli is going into architecture, while Chloe wanted to study art. While his girlfriend made money for them by doing art commissions over the internet, Eli preferred more hands on work like construction, which he thought would help his career. He met his digimon partner after finding an egg on the construction sight. They have been partners for over a year now, looking out for hostile digimon and taking them out

Facts:
  • His "pawpaw" started teaching him how to play the banjo when he was 12; he still plays it to this day. He is musically illiterate, but would like to learn notation.
  • Hates Daniel Whitney
  • Has a boxer named Scruggs
  • Favorite book: The Communist Manifesto
  • Likes to play baseball

Last edited:

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
@Flyborg - The partner Digimon are all one of a kind.

Keep the Sign-Ups coming guys! :)

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Years
This is a really gorgeous concept. I love Paradise Lost. Give me just a little bit and I'm definitely going to give you an SU.

Unfinished work in progress.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
I'm still here guys. I just recently got done with Finals so now I'm getting around to looking at SU's. Keep them coming! I'll keep the SU's open for another week and then make my decisions soon.

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
Okay, I don't have enough SU's to get this RP going. Are people still interested or no?

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
Still interested of course! I can't wait to play Jayce

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
The final day for all SU's has been pushed to Tuesday. Get your bios in please!

Years
  • Seen today
Yay got my SU done! If you don't mind I gave you 6 facts about my character

Name: Samuel Sameck Silverlight
Birthday: June, 15
Virtue: Temperance

Appearance: short semi-wavy brown hair, medium build, and a V-shaped torso.

Personality: he's a bit of a hot head, a major fighter for justice, and will always fight for a just cause. he works hard to have self control, sometimes he can't control his anger and it causes him to become hard to stop and calm down. his anger if it gets out of control often drives him to action.
History: (a brief history about your character's childhood, family, how they are now, and how they met their digimon initially)

Samuel lived in the United States all of his life, at the age of 11 he joined competitive swimming. Samuel enjoyed swimming a lot, it helped him get and stay in shape. Samuel didn't struggle much through school, although some classes were more difficult than others. He joined scouting at 12 and at the age of 18 received his eagle rank. for the longest time he has always been interested in technology. in recent times, everything it seems has been stressing him out for a reason not even he knows fully.

One day he discovered a box on the front porch addressed to him, he took it up to his room, opened it up and found an egg, but not just any egg, a Digimon egg, allong with a message, that said, "please take care of and raise this digimon, you both are greatly needed" After that he has been working fervently, preparing for anything that would come his way in this adventure

Facts: (5 random facts about your character that are interesting)

He's a techie and works very well with computers, he can find ways to override certain functions that would otherwise stump others

As a swimmer he has an excellent endurance, when it comes to swimming and distance

when he's provoked he is definitely stronger than he looks

He's respected because he is, A: a good guy and B: you really don't want to get him angry or be on his bad side

He's a decent strategist and does his best to fight to his sides advantage, allowing weaknesses to be covered, and strengths to be highlighted,

He's a team player, and a true leader

Back