• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
Aaryn said:
Hi!

I suppose you guys will be more than surprised to see me here again, but hey, here I am!

Its been almost 2 years since I "dissapeared". It all started with my grandmas death, then I stoped coming, and then I had an accident with my girlfriend (now ex) But a cool member of the club "found" me, and managed to make me come back.

I hope you guys can forgive me for being away for so long, but I'll try to be here from now on, as often as I can.

Thx for the comprehension in advance and hi to everyone!

I'M FINALLY BACK! wOOOOT
(*o*)

Could it be? He, the mythical hero of ancient lore? The great Aaryn? Yes! It is he! Let the glorious voices of triumph resound through every valley!

Hi! I'm MetalMario. Me, Yami, and ryan (formerly rsgh5) are the ones who've been taking care of this place for the past. Kudos to you, shinycollector! The best I was able to fish out of the deep blue sea of former SHC heroes (with my patented Ampersand Bait) was a SkinnyGreenMan. Welcome back, Aaryn! I've been a member here for almost a year (I joined March 7th last year), but even that was after your departure. I can't wait to see what Runa, LDD, and ryan'll have to say! I'm the one who makes these SHC cards you see in members' signatures. Whenever you're settled, I can make one for you if you wish. (Though it'll spoil the competition between me and LDD to be the "first" to see 17 shinies.. XD)

Wow. Welcome! We're certainly glad to see that you've made a return.

33 Surskits.

Persona

Banned
Years
welcome back Aaryn, when i first joined, i said in my mind: where's the person who started this kool thread? but now i know xd ^^ nice 2 meet u, u can call me Ryan if u want

~D.S~

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
Years
Aaryn said:
Hi!
I suppose you guys will be more than surprised to see me here again, but hey, here I am!
Its been almost 2 years since I "dissapeared". It all started with my grandmas death, then I stoped coming, and then I had an accident with my girlfriend (now ex) But a cool member of the club "found" me, and managed to make me come back.
I hope you guys can forgive me for being away for so long, but I'll try to be here from now on, as often as I can.
Thx for the comprehension in advance and hi to everyone!
I'M FINALLY BACK! wOOOOTLol, god. I didnt expect such a welcome! Thanks a lot.
Ive been very occupied with school also, but I've caught some more shinies in emmerald. Most of the previous ones were lost with my file in fire red and leaf green.
Ill make my new list and try to update the member list thorugh this week.
please understand that due to the HUGE amount of people here now, its a HUGE amount of work! Gimme two weeks to get used to normality again!
WOOT! I'm back hehehe. Thanks for the support.
P.D: By the way. Ill be updating my sig and my shiny list tomorrow, got an important history exam tomorrow, which sure I will fail, but I have to try at least.

Oh my word, you've been gone from before I joined. Introductions, introductions...

I'm Lady Demoonica Darkmoon (LDD to most). I joined The Shiny Hunters Club in January 2005, I think. I have 11 shinys:

1) Duskull -> Dusklops, found on route 121 on my way to Lilycove, I had been hunting Absol
2) Zigzagoon, Nintindo Berry Glitch Fix bonus
3) Zigzagoon, Nintindo Berry Glitch Fix bonus
4) Sableye, found while training in Requaza's Tower
5) Zigzagoon -> Linoone, (Sora) found in Petleburg Woods near the begining of a Ruby game restart
6) Heracross, found in Colosseum (former Shadow pokemon)
7) Staryu -> Starmie, found while randomly fishing off Cinibar Island
8) Gastly -> Haunter -> Gengar, found while randomly wondering around in Lavnder Town Tower
9) Oddish -> Gloom -> Bellosum, found in the area to the right of Celedon City
10) Oddish -> Gloom -> Vileplume, found while hunting for a shiny Absol
11) Oddish -> Gloom found while hunting for a shiny Absol

Bold is what they are now. I've also caught a Shiny Seviper on my freind's game for her, but that's nether here nor there.

I'm glad I could finally meet you.

EDIT: Edit due to MM making a good poine about how/what we were doing when said shiny was found.

Last edited:
Years
Seriously, welcome back, Aaryn. It's thanks in part to you that we have this excellent club. (and I'll need the help administrating the place!) But what happened to ryan? It's like there's been some sorta flip-flop. Ryan's bee faithfully active pretty much for the whole time you've been away, but now when you come back, HE disappears! Hmm... *smells something fishy* Nonetheless, your return's got me more excited than any shiny encounter I've experienced. (And I mean this strictly as a friend. ;))

Anywho, for a slightly more formal introduction, I'm MetalMario. My real name's Greg. As mentioned above, I joined on March 7th last year, so I haven't quite been here for a year. My shinies are:

1. Linoone (Omega): Found her on Route 121 while doing a berry run.
2. Hoppip > Skiploom > Jumpluff (Fluffy): Found her at the Techtonix pillar while effort training something.
3. Whismur > Loudred > Exploud (Fiona, formerly Bellow): Found her in the Rusturf Tunnel while effort training something.
4. Porygon > Porygon2 (Shinnix): Prize at the Celadon Game Corner after thousands of resets.
5. Hoppip (HipHoppip, formerly Mr. Fluffy): Found him at the Techtonix pillar while effort training a Flareon.
6. Dratini > Dragonair > Dragonite (Olga): Prize at the Celadon Game Corner after thousands of resets.
7. Lotad > Lombre > Ludicolo (Dora): Found her in the Seviper patch while looking for a shiny Seviper. You've gotta hear my never-ending tale of the quest for shiny Seviper. ;)
8. Spinarak > Ariados (Apophis): Found him in the Pattern Bush while passively hunting/leveling up something.
9. Numel (Nanaimo): Found him on that route with the cable cars while effort training a Gardevoir. I have Camerupt in my sig, but I haven't actually evolved him yet.

That's my shinies in a nutshell. I have more info if you're curious.
I guess I'll wait till you're settled before I discuss the potential of promoting LDD. ;)

Wow, I've rambled on for too long. It's 12:08, so I'd better sign off for the night.

"What's the worst thing I could say?
Things are better if I stay.
So long, and good night,
So long, and good night!"

Sanctuary

Member #11,352
Years
Hi Aaryn! Nice to meet you! I just joined near the beggining of this year, I have 3 shinies.
1 Shiny Blaziken (Emerald)
1 Shiny Mightyena (Emerald)
1 Shiny Charmander (FireRed)

Shiny Shuckle

Shiny Hunter
Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2007
welcome back Aaryn i join feb of 2005
i did a lot of shiny hunting over the time

shiny totodile _ still going
shiny krabby- done no shiny
shiny torkoal- no shiny done
Shiny bellsprout- now doing
shiny abra-done and caught
i have had some others to

my shinys
exeggutor-safari zone
spinda -traded from my brother
sandslash-desert while looking for latios
alakazam- game corner

Aaryn

I Want a DS!!!
Years
thanks alot once again guys! Ill be reading some past pages of the thread and learn some stuff bout you all.

Thanks metal mario (we can discuss promoting LDD now if you want!)

Ill be very occupied, cuz I have 3 exams to go yet.

If you need anything, PM me!

By the way, sorry for spoiling that contest of being the first one to see 17 shinys metal mario ,lol. I think Iv'e seen somethin around 31 now. (all of them are mine!)<- I DO NOT cheat.

oh and, (me a celebrity??)<- hows that possible?

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2013
Aaryn said:
Lol, god. I didnt expect such a welcome! Thanks a lot.

Ive been very occupied with school also, but I've caught some more shinies in emmerald. Most of the previous ones were lost with my file in fire red and leaf green.

Ill make my new list and try to update the member list thorugh this week.

please understand that due to the HUGE amount of people here now, its a HUGE amount of work! Gimme two weeks to get used to normality again!

WOOT! I'm back hehehe. Thanks for the support.

P.D: By the way. Ill be updating my sig and my shiny list tomorrow, got an important history exam tomorrow, which sure I will fail, but I have to try at least.

Wow... the legend returns im in total shock, well i dont think we met before you left, but still Hi im Yami i have been helping out in your absence.

All we need is Ryan and then me and MM won't be needed :D but still welcome back! ^_^

(i wont bother listing me Shiny's as im lazy, you can just check my sig ;))

Years
Aaryn said:
Thanks metal mario (we can discuss promoting LDD now if you want!)
Well, considering the influx of newbies and how LDD's been a very dedicated member, I was thinking that she deserves to be promoted to Co-owner. (the position which me and Yami hold) I was waiting for ryan to come back, but I guess you hold more say than him, anyway!

We'll also have to discuss the changes made to the rules as well. (ie. members must list their shinies when they join, the 30 post rule, and the "member parole" status; we've also removed the Shiny Member class)

Aaryn said:
By the way, sorry for spoiling that contest of being the first one to see 17 shinys metal mario ,lol. I think Iv'e seen somethin around 31 now. (all of them are mine!)<- I DO NOT cheat.
o_0 It was 19 before you left! You haven't been slacking! That means I'll have to give you **** stars!

shinycollector

I'm back!
Years
  • Seen Aug 6, 2012
LDD! Will be promoted I think she DESERVE It As she is a dedicated Member!LDD Wish ya a good LUCK. XD!!!

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2006
welcome back aaryn! I just joined about a week ago and one day i said:

dulemaster12 said:
The first 2 people to join/make this club haven't been on since december

i still don't have any shinys although i'm on a off and on search for a shroomish

Shiny Shuckle

Shiny Hunter
Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2007
almost at 200 eggs around 182 to be exact and i am now just hatching for a shiny or a boy naughty so i can hatch naughty natured.
aaryn how many eggs did it take to hatch the shiny chancy u got?

Years
Boy, aren't y'all glad I was leniant on the shinycollector's somewhat extravagant claims? XD It'll take a little time getting used to the fact that we once again have our founder on hand, and have access to the first post and all that. (There were a few times in the club when we were considering restarting the thread. We did want to contact a mod and see if we could get this thread grafted on top of a new thread started by ryan, but they wouldn't do it.)

I'm up to 35 Surskits. I'll need to pester my brother to borrow his SP again, since I'm ready to restart Emerald once I can evacuate all the valuable pokes and items off of it and onto Fire Red (which is still my "primary" cart). "Emergency! Hoenn's about to explode! Quickly, everyone evacuate to Kanto!" (Looks like the Trick Master was playing around with dynamite again... -.-)

Edit: Attention all newcomers (and oldcomers XD): The SHC card request thread can be found HERE!! (I need to post this every once in a while to keep the thing from going under, as version 2 did.)

Last edited:

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
Years
It's an honor that you all think I should be promoted. Thank You.

Today I found out that I get dizzy/light-headed if I shiny hunt while my grandmother drives, that woman fish-tails at high speeds. V(@.@)V

So I'm hunting right now on my friends cart. She arrived yesterday and got her shiny Seviper, I had it on Gale of Darkness at the time so as to see it in 3D. First thing she said was: "Eew, that's what it LOOKS like?!?!?" I had hoped she'd not want it if she saw it like that. *evil grin* I happen to think Chocolate and Mint colord Seviper is cute. *shrugs*

I'm raising her Septile now. Just hit a Swablu, not shiny.

On my Emerald I've finally resumed the shiny Absol hunt, while my Sapphire is most likely going to give me a Lotad, Ruby I've no clue on -I'm just after another Masterball off it, Leaf Green is being used to look for shiny Vulpix, and Fire Red -I haven't a clue about that one either. Hehehe...

Years
Whoa. The board's being wierd. It says there's a new post by LDD, but it doesn't show up anywhere.. @.@ (I can see it in the "recent posts" box in the Post Reply page, so I hear what you have to say.) I'm still going on a bit of a limb that I'm not double posting, but whatever..

I'm at 36 Surskits on Sapphire. (This is how I measure how many encounters I've had in the Seviper patch as I look for a shiny one. 36 Surskits = 3600 encounters on average. Note that the count was reset from when I found shiny Lotad. I was at 32 Surskits when that happened, and I had already raised a Jolteon to L100 and an Arcanine to L56 BEFORE I started counting Surskits.) How many Surskits have YOU seen, LDD?

I've switched to hunting on my charging SP, since my DS's battery is getting low.

Other than Seviper, I'm looking for random shinies in the Viridian and Berry Forests and playing through Emerald several times to get the Johto starters. I very much need a Zangoose in order to do this, though. No one I know who lives near plays Pokémon, and I don't have Ruby or XD. I'm DEFINITELY not sinking another $30-40 in a third RSE game, and since I'm jobless, I don't have the money needed for XD available.

Edit: 37 Surskits

Edit2: 38 Surskits! I'm breezing through this! (Aww, it used Quick Attack. Memories...)

Last edited:

Feraligatr master

Im British you know!
Years
Hey everuone. no luck with sudowoodo. anyway i read what MM said about my evilnees many pages back and id like to apologize to the whole club and MM most of all. so im sorry about my wackyness etc. anyway good luck everyone in the hunt for your targets and im off to the dacare center to pick up another egg bye everyone!

Back