• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Ok, this is a nice and simple one...well, sort of.

Where's the best place for training my Unfezant? It's currently lv.46, holding a Lucky Egg, and I want to get it to level 48, and there are no trainers left in the game except the Elite Four, who I don't want to challenge until it's lv.48.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Ok, this is a nice and simple one...well, sort of.

Where's the best place for training my Unfezant? It's currently lv.46, holding a Lucky Egg, and I want to get it to level 48, and there are no trainers left in the game except the Elite Four, who I don't want to challenge until it's lv.48.

There are the Trainers in Nimbasa Stadium which are all around 40, and you can also just run around looking for shaking grass and fighting Audinos.

greg0915

Tomorrow is a new day
Years
In mulitplayer flat battles when your pokemon is set to LV.50 wich one is correct?

Lv.100 to Lv.50 = stats are halfed
or
Lv.100 to Lv.50 = stats are set to what the pokemons stats where when it was Lv.50
i would like to know this for EV training

Years
Neither. Rather than simply having the stat halved or going back to the exact stat that the Pokemon had at lv. 50, the game recalculates the stats according the following formulas:

hpstatcalcgen34.png

otherstatcalcgen34.png

Basically, don't worry about the whole lv. 50 thing and just EV train your Pokemon normally.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years

If I were you I would probably catch the Victini (if you already haven't) and trade it over to someone who will hang onto it for the mean time.

Quoted from Bulbapedia:
Some Wonder Cards may also be used via DS Wireless Connection, enabling a player with an event to distribute the card for the event to players that do not yet have it.

- I guess you could try this as well, but if it doesn't work you're better off catching that Victini first before restarting your game, or more than likely you will lose the Wonder Card.

So far, the only wonder card that could do that was the Secret Key for the Rotom forms in Platinum (and then only in Japan). Upon checking my game (and Serebii), Black and White don't even have the option to share Wonder Cards with friends. So, unfortunately, you're out of luck.

Years
Quick question. I'm not very far on the game I just beaten the 4th gym leader. My hm cut got delete when I insert the ar code for tm supplies. So I restart it or continue the game. I also need cut to get through different places. This time I'm not using no ar codes until the end of the game. Just let me know what I should do.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
Years
Quick question. I'm not very far on the game I just beaten the 4th gym leader. My hm cut got delete when I insert the ar code for tm supplies. So I restart it or continue the game. I also need cut to get through different places. This time I'm not using no ar codes until the end of the game. Just let me know what I should do.

If you're asking to continue or restart, I would say restart. You may not need cut, but there are a few items to get from it. Even if you want, you can trade me your valuable Pokemon, and I'll trade them to your restarted game.
VM or PM me if you want to trade. Don't ask here. If you don't mind those few items, then just continue the game, it won't matter that much.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years

Wish I'd seen this sooner. v_v merging posts! >:

Anyway, don't restart. Cut isn't needed much, only to access the odd Big pearl and such. You can continue the game without Cut, I haven't used it once since the Dream Yard. :3

Last edited:

ZeldaStrife

PKMN Trainer for 16 Years
Years
  • Age 34
  • USA
  • Seen May 6, 2013
What is 'EV' training? PM me the answer plz.

I'm not entirely sure what it is either, and I've been playing the games for sixteen years. I think it's just because I've never played them for real competitions and stuff like that before--it just play them because it's Pokemon. XD

Anyway, could someone tell me exactly what that stands for, too? Is it evolution training? ::feels stupid and ignorant for asking::

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015

I'm not entirely sure what it is either, and I've been playing the games for sixteen years. I think it's just because I've never played them for real competitions and stuff like that before--it just play them because it's Pokemon. XD

Anyway, could someone tell me exactly what that stands for, too? Is it evolution training? ::feels stupid and ignorant for asking::

It stands for Effort Value, how much effort you've put into training a particular stat. Check the FAQ in this section for a full description on them, it's easier than retyping all the information.

Years
well i thought it was that easy, but i had a poke tucked in and he wouldnt dream, i kept going back to syc it and it kept saying the poke isnt dreaming yet....but its all tucked it and stuff, do i just need to wait longer or somthing? or is there certain ones that dream faster or somthin?

cause now i have to wait another day to try again.

when i tuck them in do u have to wait like an hour or somthing? i thought u could just enter the dream world after you tucked one in but that doesnt seem to be the case, you have to "wait" till they dream or somthing?

how do u make them dream faster??

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2011
Can someone help me complete my team in Pokemon Black please?

ok my team in pokemon black is:

Pignite lvl 31
Zebstrika lvl 31
Swoobat lvl 31
Tirtouga lvl 31
Krokorok lvl 31

i just got the 5th badge, so yeah, i need someone to compliment my team.
No axew or no pansage please.

i really dont know what pokemon can get along with my team, so yeah, help me pleasee

Last edited:
Years
Are you looking for a specific type or certain advantages (ie. fast, strong, good defense etc.) and also do you care when they can be obtained or not?

Years
Well I do not know these pokemon types yet. I'm not much of a helper, but here goes. Is this for in game or wifi battles. If it is for in game I would use a fire type, electric type, water type, dark type, psychic type etc... So in another words make your team a huge advantages against the the gym leader. Oh another thing you need a ice type for the last gym leader. Because I did a research on the last gym leader and serebii says is a Dragon type pokemon. So catch an ice type in a cave or something. Good luck hand have fun beating the e4. You sure went through this game fast though. I restarted my game and I'm in route 2.

ceremony

rah rah
Years
Alright, I'm going to start EV training a team just for the Battle Subway (I have my own team for other purposes)

Any suggestions for a team/moveset? I've had a hard time with this thing, and I've only gotten a 21 streak before the boss' Klinklang demolished me.

What did you find best?

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2011
Are you looking for a specific type or certain advantages (ie. fast, strong, good defense etc.) and also do you care when they can be obtained or not?

no im not looking for something specific, just want a really good pokemon, that evolves and no, idc where can it be obtained, ill go whererever it is to get it. remember im on driftveil city in the thunder cave idk his name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back