• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokécommunity Pokedex Project [Read First Post!]

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Man I really can't seem to sit down and draw these days, I did a little sketching yesterday but I just lose interest too fast. I have a lot of designs I have to do but I just wished they would draw themselves you know. Ill figure something to do instead of drawing until I gain my interest in sketching again.

EDIT:

OK GUYS I finally did some designs, hope you like them :).

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

These fakemon where really fun to make, so I probably will be making more in the next few days. If you guys have anything to say about these designs please do.

Last edited:

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Man I really can't seem to sit down and draw these days, I did a little sketching yesterday but I just lose interest too fast. I have a lot of designs I have to do but I just wished they would draw themselves you know. Ill figure something to do instead of drawing until I gain my interest in sketching again.

EDIT:

OK GUYS I finally did some designs, hope you like them :).

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

These fakemon where really fun to make, so I probably will be making more in the next few days. If you guys have anything to say about these designs please do.

Those are nice designs mate. I'd really like to see these in the first post that being heard.

Hey, with the reveal of Mega Pokemon...will we be adding them as well?

Possible. I'm not sure about the whole idea rn, since I shut off from X & Y, to avoid spoilers...

I think these coming days were more than enough for people to put up their Region Name suggestions, I think we can add this to the first post poll right now.

So... Alexial, can you please put up these names in the first post as a poll?

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
XanderO@ I think we should wait a little until we get more information on how this whole Mega Pokemon thing works and how many pokemon are gonna get this form in X/Y. This is so we don't go overboard with the Mega evolutions if in case is a really exclusive thing in X/Y where only around 10 pokemon can Mega-Evolve.

I am trying to fight the urge to design a MegaScizor tho or even a MegaElectrode *_*

Hoenn@ Thanks a lot man, appreciate it. Regarding the name I also agree we should have a vote right now before the idea kinda gets lost in the thread and we never pick a name. My vote for the name would be the one Sunfished came up with, Heiryl. It just has a nice ring to it imo.

sonicfan7895

Just a dude, I guess
Years
Name: Wereyena
Etymology: Werewolf + Mightyena
Species: Mightyena evolves either with maximum happiness during the night,
a Moon Stone, at Level 43, or when traded with Golbat
Class: Ferocious or Werewolf (Whichever is less obvious)
Type/s: Dark/Fighting
Pokédex Entry
: This Pokemon was first discovered in Egyptian times;
it's been known there as "Anubia".
Ability/ies: Technician/Guts
Description:
A bipedal Mightyena, with a big bushy tail behind it,
and silver fur on the belly, chest, forearms and facial regions. Also,
it weighs about 95 kg, and is about 2.2 meters tall.

For a picture, search the name of this idea on Deviant Art, and look for the
Fakemon that looks like Mightyena.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Ack, sorry kids I've been busy. :(

I rather like Heiryl for the region name. Should I use the map that Scarf made or Hoenn are you going to make a more current-gen looking map (if that makes sense)?

Also, Beefy, do you want names for those fakemons? Or should I just put them in Uncatalogued for now? :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
They have names Alexial, is under the images lol. You can put the Red robot pokemon in uncatalogued section tho, I still don't have a name for it.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I guess I missed that part lol. Take it as a testament to how off of my game I am. xD

I'm going to do a big 'ol update sometime tomorrow and travel back oh-so-many pages ago to get all the stragglers that didn't make it into the first posts.

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Don't put up the Steel / Poison type I did before, that didn't come out to great so I'm gonna try to redesign it.

sonicfan@ hey there and welcome. I have to ask is that a design you want us to draw or is it already done?

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Beef, I would literally reserve a space on my team for that red robot, and name it Megazord :D

Anyway, I'm now officially back from (an extended) vacation, and have come up with alot of new ideas taken directly from my vacation! I'll have some drawings up later, since I have to set up my scanner again, but here's some info on them now:

Name: Compuny (community + puny, also company, as in "with people")
Classification: Community Pokemon
Type: Electric
Ability: Moral Booster - Prevents it's partner in battle from losing it's Defense and Sp.Defense stats. This doesn't apply to the User however. (Because it isn't a community if it's just itself!)
Signature Move: Jubilize - The User charges it's hand with jolts of electricity, then gives itself or a partner a pat-on-the-back. The charge increases Sp.Attack and Speed by one stage.
Design wise, both ears and tail are "P" shaped. It stands for Pokecommunity Pokedex Project. The cheeks also are "C" shaped. It looks sorta like a bunny and a mouse.

Name: Crowgue (Crow + rogue)
Classification: Scoundrel Pokemon
Type: Dark/Flying
Ability: Same as the Pre-evo
Evolution: Necrow ->Lvl30 Crogue
It's body is very sleek, with the back part of it's head acting as the back of a hood. It's wings are shaped like scythes.

Name: Crabongo (crab + bongo)
Classification: Music Pokemon
Type: Water/Ground
Ability: Soundproof/Sturdy
Evolution: Crabongo ->Lvl35 Conchacha
It's like a tiny hermit crab, but it's hands are shaped like hammers. It's shell is spiral shaped, and it's antennae's are shaped like drumsticks with the puffy thing on top. It hits it's antennae on it's arms to make bongo noise.

Name: Conchacha (Conch + "chacha"
Classification: Party Pokemon
Type: Water/Ground
Ability: SoundProof/Sturdy
Evolution: Crabongo ->Lvl35 Conchacha
It is a huge hermit crab, with a slightly more spiny shell than Crabongo. It's claws when closed are stylized like marachas, and it's body is covered with zigzag designs. Otherwise, it's like a bigger version of Crabongo.

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Haha, the robot was suppose to be small but it came up looking huge. Anyway welcome back man, hope you had a good vacation.

Your design are sounding pretty awesome Sunfished, I can't wait to see the hermit crabs lol.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Let's use the region map Scarf made. Well, my map version isn't going to be any different from that since Scarf's idea is way better than what was mine imo.

One day we'll update it with larger versions (like zooming into the map)

I vote for Heiryl too! Half because it's the majority, and half because the name has been put a lot of thought into.

SUNFISHED CAN YOU PLEASE MAKE CONCHACHA BWAHWAHWAHA
that is, of course if we don't overflowing water types

And people, can you think of more unique type combinations? Ones that haven't been done before? I dare a person to make a Grass/Electric type! Or else I will eventually post up the idea myself...

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Hoenn@ Well I had an idea for a Grass/Electric type a few weeks ago but I never actually got to do it. The theme of the design would be a Solar Plant, I just think it would be cool to have a Solar Plant actually be a plant and the energy it gathers from the sun turn it into electricity. The design would look like a Solar Plant fused with an actual plant but it would look natural. This is all I have about the design right now.

ganesha

The Graphical Master
Years
A very nice project. A hack with this Pokémon would be nice.
I think the first Pokémon in Uncatalogued Pokémon can be Ghost & Fire. It would be using fire with the lamp it has.
Male version should be a bit different and this pic would suit female version. Gender Ration 50%, 50%.

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Oh, well thanks for wanting to see it so badly guys :P
Anyway, here's a quick sketch-up of Crabongo:

It has no legs, and the shell is now a party hat

I'll get the other ones up later :D

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
URM, hi guys.

I haven't really been around, but I'll try to work on bettering some of the designs that I posted a while ago. I also have a number of new designs, mostly Fairy-types, and I also redesigned my magpie pokemon and gave it a three stage Normal/Flying evolution line, so that should fill in the role of generic bird pokemon for the region, unless you guys had already made plans for that?

The new designs that I have to post (although I don't have access to all of them right now, and I need to redesign a few) include the five-formed fairy elemental that I mentioned a while back (which needs a redesign, because I failed at drawing it, lol), as well as a two-formed Fairy/Dark type I drew named Furvia, and a Dark/Fairy-type called Sorciel, which I also need to redesign.

I think I'll keep the name Stalava that you guys came up with for my Ponyta-evolution, and I noticed the sprite that was made. I thought it was good. A bit different than how I had imagined it, but I think I enjoyed the change. (Mainly the wings being changed from flames to clouds.) I'll work on information for that (and a few more of my pokemon) soon, although I have a lot of things (such as summer homework) to do before I can.

Lastly, I think I'll be changing Kridera's type from Grass/Fire to Grass/Fairy. That was originally what I had in mind for the ram, although Fairy-types hadn't been confirmed at the time of my drawing of him.

Here's a few links. They link to dropbox, and since I'm on a public computer right now I can't really save them and re-upload them to Photobucket yet. But, here's their designs for now. (Hopefully the links will work. Dropbox hates me. Pfft)

Magpie pokemon
Furvia (Guardian Form)
Furvia (Oblivion Form)

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015

Got this done

Amazing! You've just given me motivation to pull in again!

No seriously mate, the design is nice, but about the pre-evo of this one you've posted, Crabongo can you please make the spirals on its back more like stripes? Or keep it as a pattern, but make general shell-lines (like you did in the evolution)?

@Nakuzami
Excellent ideas! I anticipate the details of Stalava, since it's sprite was splendidly made tbh.
This means that Kridera is going to be Grass/Fairy, eh? I didn't expect that lol

About your designs... the magpie. The final evolution looks BOSS and after making minor tweaks and fixing proportions to it, it will be ready! (If whoever wants to make it wouldn't mind, I'd like the wings to be larger)
But, the first two, their heads are bare. That detracts the bird's look in general, aye. I'd suggest making some hairpiece or something of that sort.

About the Furvia formes, I would suggest making the designs less based on the human anatomy, meaning, they're too humanioid, and easily mistaken for mutants. Maybe making the general body structure different?

Back