• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: [Release] AdvanceMap 1.95 Open Beta

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2019
I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but I've been looking around for a while and cannot find how to change the language! Does anyone know how to do this? I've tried clicking on Sprache but nothing happens...

Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2013
I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but I've been looking around for a while and cannot find how to change the language! Does anyone know how to do this? I've tried clicking on Sprache but nothing happens...

okay, it´s right that you can change the language when you click Sprache. Sprache means language.
So you don´t have the opportunity to change the language? Have you deleted some language files?

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2019
okay, it´s right that you can change the language when you click Sprache. Sprache means language.
So you don´t have the opportunity to change the language? Have you deleted some language files?
Do I need to delete all of the language files except English in Ini/Sprachen?

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2019
You shouldn't delete any file ;)
No menu appears if you mouse over the entry "Sprachen"?
No, nothing happens when I hover over it or click on it: http://d.pr/Mqk1
If you don't know it's fine, I can still understand most of the program (I can speak some German) and can still use it. :)

looper

German Hacker
Years
You should try to insert the following in the "Sprachen.ini" in the Ini-folder:
[Sprachen]
1=Deutsch
2=English
3=Polish
4=French
5=Netherlands
6=Español
7=Suomi
8=Portuguese
9=Italian
10=Brazilian_Portuguese
11=Afrikaans
12=Japanese
13=Greek
15=Dansk
16=Slovak
17=Chinese
18=Korean

But if you're fine with german^^

Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2012
I am having problems finding the event where Birch gives you the National Dex after you beat the Elite 4. I plan to activate the National Dex right from the start so I want to edit the later part where he would actually give it to you. However, in the Littleroot Town Map the event does not seem to exist. Any ideas?

I should that I am a newbie to hacking/scripting so this might be a stupid question ;)

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2019
Okay, this is pretty weird! I had the folder AdvanceMap along with its contents in another folder, called Pokémon. Replacing the é in Pokémon with a regular e, for some reason, changes the language to English and allows me to change it again. Strange, but it fixed my problem so I can't complain!

Hacks0rus

Monster Raving Looney
Years
  • Seen Nov 9, 2012
I am having problems finding the event where Birch gives you the National Dex after you beat the Elite 4. I plan to activate the National Dex right from the start so I want to edit the later part where he would actually give it to you. However, in the Littleroot Town Map the event does not seem to exist. Any ideas?

I should that I am a newbie to hacking/scripting so this might be a stupid question ;)

Just put this special in your script when giving the pokedex:
special 0x1F3

special 0x1F3 activates the national dex in emerald.

Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2012
Just put this special in your script when giving the pokedex:
special 0x1F3

special 0x1F3 activates the national dex in emerald.

Thanks, but I know that and I am sorry if my question was inarticulate. I already have this in my script - what I want to to is to edit the later part of the game where Birch would actually give you the national dex to make the story logical again. It might be purely aesthetical but the conversation would not make sense as you already have received the national dex at the beginning of the game, so I do not want Birch to give it to the player once again. The actual problem is that I cannot seem to find the mentioned script.

looper

German Hacker
Years
Okay, this is pretty weird! I had the folder AdvanceMap along with its contents in another folder, called Pokémon. Replacing the é in Pokémon with a regular e, for some reason, changes the language to English and allows me to change it again. Strange, but it fixed my problem so I can't complain!

This version of AM can't work with special chars like 'é', 'è', 'ä', 'ö', 'ü'... If there are these chars in the filepaths, it won't work ;)

Hacks0rus

Monster Raving Looney
Years
  • Seen Nov 9, 2012
Thanks, but I know that and I am sorry if my question was inarticulate. I already have this in my script - what I want to to is to edit the later part of the game where Birch would actually give you the national dex to make the story logical again. It might be purely aesthetical but the conversation would not make sense as you already have received the national dex at the beginning of the game, so I do not want Birch to give it to the player once again. The actual problem is that I cannot seem to find the mentioned script.

Well I cant help you then, as I hack FR and not Emerald :) you could just forget about the birch script entirely, and script in the birch meeting place from scratch in the place you want it to be. If you then come across the birch script while making the game you can then delete it from the game entirely. ;)

SkyStar

is a Sith Lord
Years
I'm probably just stupid or something xD, but I can't figure out where Advance Map puts the maps after I make them. Where does it put them?

Edit: nevermind figured it out, is there a way to have 10 10% appearance chance pokemon?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2012
I've downloaded every version that I could find, but none will open. I've tried troubleshooting the problem, but it says that the programme is 'Not compatible'.
I have Windows 7, so it should work.
Any suggestions?

looper

German Hacker
Years
Try opening a clean ROM. AM checks the rom-code, wether it's a Pokémon-ROM, so if the header is modified, AM won't open your ROM.

Years

Here is a fellow hacking noob, with the answer, check spoiler:
Spoiler:

Hope that helps you out ;-)

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2013
Hello, I've tried the AM 1.95 mirror links to download AM which work. However, when I extract AM, a message appears and says that it's the wrong format or somewhat broken?
I've tried many links and downloads but none seem to work?

Back