• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Battle.

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
There have been a ton of awesome battles in the anime so which one of them is your favorite?

My favorites would probably be 'Ash vs Paul(Final One)' and Charizard vs Articuno.'

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
Mine Favorite one Was Ash's Charizard vs Gary's Blastoise!
Johto League Quater Final!

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Metapod vs. Metapod

I really liked the battle of Ash vs. Dome Ace Tucker in "Tacticts Theatrics." The whole entire battle revolved around strategy and how to counter it. Not only was the battle almost as long as the actual episode, we also got to see how double battles are constantly changing the decisions made by the Trainers and how well Pokémon can sychronize. I also liked that the battle took place in a large dome with thousands of fans. The ending was really cool after watching how Ash was able to use Tucker's Pokémon against them.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2017
Mine favorite one was the battle between Ash and a guy's golem in ''The bridge bike gang'', because I see Golem with Bulbasaur battling there and cause I really like this episode.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
And Ash vs Jackson:- Bulbasaur and Meganium battling for the pride of grass pokemon.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
And Ash vs Jackson:- Bulbasaur and Meganium battling for the pride of grass pokemon.
This was a really good battle.

One of my favorite battles was when Ash battled Skyla. I liked the fact that Ash was battling not really for the badge, but rather to show her that unexpected things do happen and you can never predict the outcome. Of course, the badge was nice too. :P

Other ones I really enjoyed was Ash's Charizard vs Articuno and of course, the Semi-finals of the Johto League Quarter Final with Ash vs Gary.

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
One of my favorite battles was when Ash battled Skyla. I liked the fact that Ash was battling not really for the badge, but rather to show her that unexpected things do happen and you can never predict the outcome. Of course, the badge was nice too. :P

Other ones I really enjoyed was Ash's Charizard vs Articuno and of course, the Semi-finals of the Johto League Quarter Final with Ash vs Gary.

I admit, Ash vs Skyla was a really good match. Charizard vs Articuno was a legendary match. I don't think anyone in the world does not like that match except pokemon haters. The Johto League match was also really cool. I liked it when Ash bounced back into the fight after not doing well in the first half.

Guest123_x1

My two favorite Ash battles are his battle with Ritchie in the Indigo League, and his rematch against Whitney. On the former, I was so sure at first that Ash would not make it and end up being disqualified, but I figured out the outcome right away once he called out Charizard. On the latter battle, I was baffled at how Ash could have won the Plain Badge despite the battle not being done at the Goldenrod Gym, nor were the League rules followed, though I thought his strategy he used to deal with Team Rocket was unique.

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
Mine is Ash VS Gary ! Oh man it was so epic !!! i still remember my heart pounding like crazy

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
Charizard vs Blaines Magmar was one of my favourites, along with charizard vs Articuno.

I know this wasn't technically in the actual anime but Charizard against Mewtwo in origins was absolutely epic!

Years
Ash's battle against Paul in the quarter-finals of the Sinnoh League, which stretched across 3 episodes. The most epic part has to be when it was Electivire against Infernape, the battle really went down to the wire and thankfully Infernape's Blaze activated and managed to win for Ash.

It was one of the reasons Infernape was my fave of Ash's Sinnoh team. It has a horrid but very inspirational backstory.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 28, 2014
Many good ones I can think of...
Mostly the good ones are in the Pokemon league haha

As mentioned above,
Ash vs Gary at the johto league is one of the best..... Especially the part when both of them are down to their last Pokemon .

Not sure why this isn't mentioned.
Ash vs Brendan the pyramid king. ( with charizard,squirtle and bulbasaur
Thought it might not be a very action packed battle ,it's good seeing Ash's old Pokemon back in Hoenn battling again

The ???

The one true question mark
Years
  • Age 27
  • ???
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
Charizard vs Blaines Magmar was one of my favourites, along with charizard vs Articuno.

I know this wasn't technically in the actual anime but Charizard against Mewtwo in origins was absolutely epic!

same here, the epic-ness was too damn high with Charizard and Magmar fight

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Moving away from the epic and into the silly... Jessie vs Seviper.

And dang Pika vs Bunnelby was a great one to kick off XY with. And then
Spoiler:

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
Years
Tate & Liza's rematch battle because of Thunder Armor.

Off the top of my head, I'd say the battle with Drake during the Orange Islands final league championship thing.

TheKantoKid

Let's go, Pikachu!
Years
My Favorites have to be Ash versus Paul in the Sinnoh League, Ash versus Gary in the Indigo Johto league, Charizard versus Entei, Charizard versus Articuno, Ash versus Drake (Orange Islands) and Ash versus Palmer. On a side note Ash needs to use Sceptile and Heracross more and I hope he catches a Honeedge in X/Y since Fletchling takes care of the fire and flying requirement on his team.

Back